MBTI
    ENTP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It's sort of almost more like lying to the Lord. I don't think Jesus is going to buy that I was Mormon even if someone baptizes me as one after I die.

I think it's kind of silly and misguided, but well-intentioned.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    Going off of your avatar photo... are you a girl? If you're pretty, I'm gonna be sad, cause I don't think it's going to work out between us.
    I'd go for pedo apologist Catholics before a mormon. Not that I'd ever date anyone of orthodox faith anyway. So long and thanks for all the herrings.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think it's kind of silly and misguided, but well-intentioned.
    It probably sounds a bit less silly and misguided and well-intentioned to those believe it's true. If you don't believe, that's okay too... no one is forcing anyone to become a Mormon.

MBTI
    INxJ

It probably sounds a bit less silly and misguided and well-intentioned to those believe it's true. If you don't believe, that's okay too... no one is forcing anyone to become a Mormon.
    lol Yeah, you guys don't coerce. You subtly deceive people into being mormons via "milk before meat". Focusing on baptizing first, while concealing the entirety of your beliefs until the deed is done.

Lying for the Lord refers to the practice of lying to protect the image of and belief in the Mormon religion, a practice which Mormonism itself fosters in various ways.

Milk before meat is a term used to describe the process of concealing doctrine from outsiders and new inductees. Since they base themselves on principles that outsiders often find outlandish, the method is to spoon-feed doctrine to inductees rather than letting them study independently, in hopes that the extreme points of doctrine will be much more acceptable to the new believer after a period of conditioning.

"I personally feel that the whole of issue of 'gods' is an advanced topic that we don't know a lot about, so I consider it as meat (actually, dessert) that doesn't need to be served as the first course." (Gods meaning, that every man can become a god like Jesus/God)

"When I was a missionary, the churchs official Missionary Guide instructed missionaries to avoid providing direct answers or solutions to investigators' questions or concerns." On his mission, he "fell back on rhetorical tricks or even outright denials."

Lying for the Lord - MormonWiki.org

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Obviously. And it's okay if Mormons think my religious beliefs are silly and misguided or even evil and deluded. Beliefs are basically like opinions, you know? Everybody's got 'em.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    lol Yeah, you guys don't coerce. You subtly deceive people into being mormons via "milk before meat". Focusing on baptizing first, while concealing the entirety of your beliefs until the deed is done.
    I'm sorry... this might sound a little dumb, especially if this is common knowledge among most people, but I have no idea what "milk before meat" means.

And I was a missionary. I don't recall misleading anyone about anything. What would be the point of that? It's not like missionaries get paid, dude.

But I like you, 01011010... though I got to admit, I wish you'd make up a different name. Saying "01011010" takes too long to say. I'm going to call you "Feisty Falicia" from now on, okay?

EDIT: Wait a minute... did you go back and edit your post with the definition of "milk before meat"? How did you know I was going to ask that question? Ohhh, Feisty Falicia, you're a tricky one!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

"milk before meat" refers to a passage in one of Paul's letters to the church at Corinth:

AND I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" (1 Corinthians 3:1-3)

He means that spiritually we are the same as we are physically -- we drink milk before we take solid food -- you can't give infants meat -- they can't digest it -- meat could harm them.

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm sorry... this might sound a little dumb, especially if this is common knowledge among most people, but I have no idea what "milk before meat" means.

And I was a missionary. I don't recall misleading anyone about anything. What would be the point of that? It's not like missionaries get paid, dude.
    Lying for the lord is in action right now. You know your beliefs would put off most people. So, you wait until after they've been around for a long time to introduce the stranger ones.

My best friend left the church specifically because of that practice. He was a missionary, and he felt morally wrong for having deceived people. I'm friends with other mormons that have also gone on missions. You won't fool me.

MBTI
    INxJ

If the intention of the baptisms is for people to know Jesus Christ why does the church baptize people that are already Christian? It wouldn't happen to be because you guys believe yourselves to be the one true religion, and you want to give everyone the chance to enter your version of heaven?

The Jews and the Vatican specifically asked that their dead be left alone. When you violate that agreement, it's disrespectful.