User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    They are considered pure as age 8 is the year of accountability in the church. They also believe that you have a physical body and a spirit body. After the second coming of Jesus they will have an opportunity to live on a more perfect Earth.

Oh and the spirit bodies are grown up in their perfect form--we forgot Heaven because they believe in something called "the veil" which blinds us from the past and our connection with god. They believe this can only be done through the church although some people like Ghandi for example would probably sprout right near the top of Heaven.
    I think we are talking about different religions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Could be, but if so I'm surprised you didn't find out that this is a thread about Mormonism.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Sorry, but I'm going to ask a question that I've been wanting to ask.

So, Prof Goodstain. When that man told you to share the banana, did you tell him to "fuck the fuck off"?:steam:

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Mormons baptized without permission, 380,000 dead Jews of the Holocaust. The Mormon grandson(?) of one of the current Mormon apostles was on the NOM board of directors until recently.
    Because it is a conceptual violation and not a human rights violation, I see my own reaction as meaningless. If there are Jews who are offended, then they have right to make a case against this act. It only has meaning if it is perceived as a violation by the group on the receiving end. It doesn't make sense for me to make a case against it or to dismiss it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTP

FYI, I've just baptised the entire world, living, dead or unborn into the cult of Belfism, which supercedes any other religious ritual and makes everyone my servants in the afterlife.

Complaining about it just makes you more of a servant, but my guess is that no one on the planet will actually care. So why care about this?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Do you think they would dig up corpses for baptism? That would be extremely creepy. It's illegal to mess with Jewish gravesites in Germany.
    Baptisms for the dead are done by proxy. A living person is baptised in the name of the deceased person. There's no corpses folks.

MBTI
    INTj

Just for fun, I think I'll send out excommunication notices to all members of the LDS.

This just seems silly to me, not offensive. Even setting aside the notion that one can be baptized after death (presumably after one's fate in the afterlife has been decided, if you believe in that sort of thing), how can any baptism not done with the consent of the baptized or their immediate family even be characterized as such? If you don't share the beliefs of the Mormons, it's completely meaningless. I would be much more offended if I were dead and my name were used in voter fraud, Chicago-style.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This just seems silly to me, not offensive. Even setting aside the notion that one can be baptized after death (presumably after one's fate in the afterlife has been decided, if you believe in that sort of thing), how can any baptism not done with the consent of the baptized or their immediate family even be characterized as such? If you don't share the beliefs of the Mormons, it's completely meaningless. I would be much more offended if I were dead and my name were used in voter fraud, Chicago-style.
    It's true in this sense but do these Mormons count these "baptized" Jews as Mormons?

That's just... no.

Why holocaust survivors, anyway?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

If they do it in private and don't actually involve the bodies of the dead people they are baptizing then I don't really see what the fuss is about. The more time they spend "baptizing" the dead, the less time they have to cause trouble for the living.