User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 130

  1. #41
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's not true, bigotry is about intolerance, not necessarily hate at all.

    bigot definition | Dictionary.com
    Fair enough, though I doubt that rather expansive definition of bigotry (can we call people who support laws against anything from marijuana use to public nudity "bigots" now?) is what the OP had in mind, or that 90%+ of the readerswill think it means anything but hatred toward a particular group of people. Its a lot like calling a devout Baptist who thinks it is impossible to objectively prove that God exist an "agnostic"-common usage gives it an entirely different meaning.

  2. #42
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    (can we call people who support laws against anything from marijuana use to public nudity "bigots" now?)
    Not until D.A.R.E starts giving electroshock therapy to stoners while they watch Half Baked.

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    *baptizes 01011010*

    That'll fix her wagon!

  4. #44
    Senior Member Lethal Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    115

    Default

    The Temples are used to do work for the dead. They believe that everyone needs to have a babtism to go to an upper level of heaven. There are three main spots for "the children of God" and then a hell which they believe nearly nobody will go to. The lower level is supposed to be like our existence here on Earth. Second, closer to God, with the highest level being with Jesus and God.

    So they babtize the dead and the living at age 8. They believe they are doing God's will by bringing their church to all people. Basically once they have, they think that Jesus will come down and rule. There is also a period in which everyone needs sorted to their expected place.

    Babtism for the dead comes into play in Temples where lower levels of the priesthood (age 12) can babtize dead people who didn't have the chance here on Earth...other than that I do not know other than Marriage happens within them. They believe this ordinance will bring them closer together and to eventually have their families united in Heaven. Higher level people preach to the lower levels, but people in the lower levels of heaven can eventually go up in the ranks. They believe that marriage and children will bring more people to Jesus to form their eternal families.

    They also believe that families are eternal. That's where you get the slogan "families are together forever". Only truly evil people will be sent to hell to live with the devil, but even they can go up the ladders of Heaven eventually. Then they will rule much like Jesus does in their scripture.

    People old enough and more importantly those "worthy" are able to use different things. Adults can perform marriage for the dead, at age 16 they get to the level of the priesthood in which they can help others to babtize the dead and babtize the living.
    ...

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    *baptizes 01011010*

    That'll fix her wagon!
    Oh noes! My wagon. *throws on FLDS prairie garb*

    Can I have as many wives as I want now? Wait, I don't like people. Nevermind.

  6. #46
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    The Temples are used to do work for the dead. They believe that everyone needs to have a babtism to go to an upper level of heaven. There are three main spots for "the children of God" and then a hell which they believe nearly nobody will go to. The lower level is supposed to be like our existence here on Earth. Second, closer to God, with the highest level being with Jesus and God.

    So they babtize the dead and the living at age 8. They believe they are doing God's will by bringing their church to all people. Basically once they have, they think that Jesus will come down and rule. There is also a period in which everyone needs sorted to their expected place.

    Babtism for the dead comes into play in Temples where lower levels of the priesthood (age 12) can do babtize dead people who didn't have the chance here on Earth...other than that I do not know other than Marriage happens within them. They believe this ordinance will bring them closer together and to eventually have their families united in Heaven. Higher level people preach to the lower levels, but people in the lower levels of heaven can eventually go up in the ranks. They believe that marriage and children will bring more people to Jesus to form their eternal families.

    They also believe that families are eternal. That's where you get the slogan "families are together forever". Only truly evil people will be sent to hell to live with the devil, but even they can go up the ladders of Heaven eventually. Then they will rule much like Jesus does in their scripture.

    People old enough and more importantly those "worthy" are able to use different things. Adults can perform marriage for the dead, at age 16 they get to the level of the priesthood in which they can help others to babtize the dead and babtize the living.
    Thanks. i was aware of the three levels, didn't ever here about the possible hell. They always refered to it as the purgatory before the earth equivelent stage. Sounds like a good deal though.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  7. #47
    Senior Member Lethal Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Thanks. i was aware of the three levels, didn't ever here about the possible hell. They always refered to it as the purgatory before the earth equivelent stage. Sounds like a good deal though.
    Purgatory is only for people that do really bad things--it is more correct to call Hell: Purgatory. The rest are in limbo, I forget the name, but they are waiting for Jesus' "Second Coming".

    And don't call me a Mormon please, I'm not, trust me.

    edit: why do you add up to 218 01011010?
    ...

  8. #48
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    The rest are in limbo...
    For millennia unbaptized babies ended up in Limbo. But only recently Limbo was abolished.

    And what I wanna know is -

    What happened to all the babies?

  9. #49
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    Purgatory is only for people that do really bad things--it is more correct to call Hell: Purgatory. The rest are in limbo, I forget the name, but they are waiting for Jesus' "Second Coming".
    Thanks for the overview (this and the longer excerpt), I think it's helpful.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #50
    Senior Member Lethal Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For millennia unbaptized babies ended up in Limbo. But only recently Limbo was abolished.

    And what I wanna know is -

    What happened to all the babies?
    They are considered pure as age 8 is the year of accountability in the church. They also believe that you have a physical body and a spirit body. After the second coming of Jesus they will have an opportunity to live on a more perfect Earth.

    Oh and the spirit bodies are grown up in their perfect form--we forgot Heaven because they believe in something called "the veil" which blinds us from the past and our connection with god. They believe this can only be done through the church although some people like Ghandi for example would probably sprout right near the top of Heaven.
    ...

Similar Threads

  1. Who is responsible for the lies of our leaders?
    By Octarine in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
  2. One for the experts.
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
  3. [MBTItm] A Question For The Domiant Type At This Forum?
    By "?" in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. [INFJ] sympathy for the despicable
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO