First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

I'll break your first post down.

It's a Mormon thing. It's called Lying for the Lord. And it's a tenet of the Mormon faith that, Mormons think, gives them to the right to tell you a bald-faced lie, so long as it's a lie that somehow furthers the Mormon cause.

What else to call the Mormon's laughable statement today that their posthumous baptism last year of President Obama's mother was a "rare" mistake that might have been done by "pranksters."

Yes, we're to believe that the Mormons, just by coincidence, forcibly converted a presidential candidate's deceased mother, 13 years after her death, and only months before the presidential election. And we're also to believe no warning bells went off at Mormon Central when they saw that the woman's husband, whose name is clearly listed on her "baptismal record," is "Barack Hussein Obama." (Obama's father has the same name.) Yes, all one big unfortunate "rare" mistake. Kind of like a clerical error. Except instead of giving you the wrong change, they just stole your mother's soul.

The Mormons would have you believe that this kind of thing - forcibly converting the dead of other faiths to Mormonism, without their families' permission - is something that only happens once in a blue moon. Tell that to the families of Holocaust victims who have been trying to get the Mormons to stop baptizing their dead for over a decade. The Mormons even promised to stop forcibly converting Jewish Holocaust victims, back in 1995, only for it to be revealed a few months ago that - surprise! - they didn't really stop.

It's ghoulish to be sure, but it's neither rare nor a mistake. It's what the Mormons do. And when they get caught, they lie about it, just as they're lying to our President today, and just as they've been lying to the Jews for over a decade.

Why does this matter? Because the Mormons are "the" bankers of the religious right. Last fall, the Mormons dropped $20 million into California and singlehandedly turned a losing battle into the successful repeal of marriage rights for gay couples in that state. The Mormons have bankrolled hate initiatives in Alaska and Hawaii and across the northwest and midwest for the past decade. They are not some fringe "religion" to be shrugged off. The new anti-gay marriage coalition, National Organization for Marriage, keeps finding, seemingly out of nowhere, $1.5m for this ad campaign, then another $1.5m for that ad campaign. Where are they finding this sudden infusion of cash? Inquiring minds want to know.

The fact that the Mormons chose to forcibly convert the deceased mother of the President of the United States, only months before he was elected to office, is relevant to our discussion of the Mormon influence in American politics today. There is a larger pattern of bigotry that should concern us all. Has anyone noticed how all of their victims are minorities? The mother of a black president. The forced conversion of Jewish Holocaust victims. The history of racial animus towards African-Americans (and blacks more generally). And now the financing of religious right anti-gay hate.

Every one a minority. I'm sure it's just another rare mistake.

If the Mormons want to promote hate back in their own state, that's their affair. When they export it to the world, steal our dead, and try to weasel their way into the Obama administration by pushing for a place at the table overseeing the Faith Based Initiative, among other ventures, it's all of our business.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth: Lying for the Lord
    Forcefully, my ass. That's like saying praying will kick your groins and/or boobs. I'm going to force you to be beaten by proxy with an invisible whip.

It's easy to convert the poor, but don't be surprised when they start drinking and missing meetings. Heaven forbid they are forced by god to go to church, just because.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't know how much that method is used. I think all their attempts to cure homosexuals, and the excommunications, must totally mess up their lives.
    It probably does, but such is not the intent.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Lethal Sage, what's goin on man??

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    It probably does, but such is not the intent.
    So? Same amount of damage.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So? Same amount of damage.
    Bigotry involves hate; the intent to harm must be present in order to accurately call someone a bigot. I don't think an assumption of hateful intent is warranted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Ah, I'm done with this thread.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Bigotry involves hate; the intent to harm must be present in order to accurately call someone a bigot. I don't think an assumption of hateful intent is warranted.
    That's not true, bigotry is about intolerance, not necessarily hate at all.

bigot definition | Dictionary.com

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    Ah, I'm done with this thread.
    Damn it. I was excited, and ready to debate with you. Don't tease an INTJ.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This may be insensitive, but I really don't see the issue here. Does an atheist get insulted when a Christian tells him to go to hell? This, to me, is the equivalent of someone tapping me on the shoulder and saying "You're it lol" when I'm not even playing the game.
    Yes, it just seems ridiculous and meaningless, a waste of effort for the Mormons and a non-issue to all others.

The part of your article I find most interesting, however, is the apparent financial strength and power of the Mormon church and how that affects its ability to direct legislation.
    Yes, agree here too.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

If l-sage is still reading....what goes on in the temple?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?