User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Sorry OP, all I see is absurdity, not bigotry (except perhaps on the part of the author, who is projecting onto Mormon religionists his or her own perspective). My opinions on Mormonism (as well as the villification of Mormons) is pretty well represented by that one South Park episode...and right now I'm having flashbacks of the PCU movie.
    The main thing that stands out to me, is the using of electroshock therapy by strapping electrodes to the groin of gay people to get them to stop being gay, at one of those Mormon therapy centers, that indicates bigotry to me, and absurdity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Whoever you are: Anti-Mormon's are stupid fucktards that know little to nothing about the The Church of Latter-day Saints. What is the point in bringing on someone that has never even tried to understand Mormonism but instead acts like they have secret knowledge?

Fact: Mormons are Christians.

Fact: They are wealthy.

Fact: They have many children.

Fact: You don't know shit about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The main thing that stands out to me, is the using of electroshock therapy by strapping electrodes to the groin of gay people to get them to stop being gay, at one of those Mormon therapy centers, that indicates bigotry to me, and absurdity.
    Fact: It may have been done by Mormons to Mormons, but that doesn't mean that the Mormon church facilitated such acts.

I just read the thread.

Your source is full of lies. Lies that could have been explained had she talked to a Mormon. That's just slanderish bullshit.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The main thing that stands out to me, is the using of electroshock therapy by strapping electrodes to the groin of gay people to get them to stop being gay, at one of those Mormon therapy centers, indicates bigotry to me, and absurdity.
    I seriously doubt that electroshock therapy is a typical means of attempting to "cure" homosexuals at such places, and would not generalize about other Mormons on that basis.

MBTI
    INxJ

Sorry OP, all I see is absurdity, not bigotry (except perhaps on the part of the author, who is projecting onto Mormon religionists his or her own perspective). My opinions on Mormonism (as well as the villification of Mormons) is pretty well represented by that one South Park episode...and right now I'm having flashbacks of the PCU movie.
    It's about possible moral injustice of converting people that can't give their consent, and how "lying for the lord" stems into other activities they do. The OP isn't claiming bigotry. In fact, it's quite the opposite. LDS loves a little too much. The fact that Mormons believe their way is better than Judaism or Catholicism, and how they perform religious rituals for otherwise damned souls. They claim it's so they can know Jesus Christ and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Yet, Catholics know Christ. Don't they?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    Fact: It may have been done by Mormons to Mormons, but that doesn't mean that the Mormon church facilitated such acts.
    The whole community kind of gets stained when you hear about things like that.

MBTI
    INTP

I seriously doubt that electroshock therapy is a typical means of attempting to "cure" homosexuals at such places, and would not generalize about other Mormons on that basis.
    I don't know how much that method is used. I think all their attempts to cure homosexuals, and the excommunications, must totally mess up their lives.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    It's about possible moral injustice of converting people that can't give their consent, and how "lying for the lord" stems into other activities they do. The OP isn't claiming bigotry. In fact, it's quite the opposite. LDS loves a little too much. The fact that Mormons believe their way is better than Judaism or Catholicism, and how they perform religious rituals for otherwise damned souls. They claim it's so they can know Jesus Christ and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Yet, Catholics know Christ. Don't they?
    I seem to remember a particular paragraph that rather clearly DID charge Mormons with bigotry, and implied a history of hateful intentions. I agree that baptizing the dead is in poor taste and can understand people being offended on behalf of the deceased, but the OP did not leave it at that.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    Whoever you are: Anti-Mormon's are stupid fucktards that know little to nothing about the The Church of Latter-day Saints. What is the point in bringing on someone that has never even tried to understand Mormonism but instead acts like they have secret knowledge?
    Your church makes secrets in the first place. If it wasn't for "milk before meat", "lying for the lord", guarding of the temple, and general secrecy --people would trust your lot more.

Sorry, dude. I live in a city founded by Mormons. In a state surrounded by them. I encounter it all the time. My best friend is Mormon of 12 years, and he's about to enter a variation of exit counseling. You know what exit counseling is? It's to help people leave cults. You know how many exit counselors are ex-Mormons? Not FLDS either, but plain ole' LDS.

My friend outright lied or gave me vague answers about the beliefs and practices at first, but he's been telling me the truth recently. Aside from first hand info from a formerly devout individual, you can google and find sources from ex-Mormons that aren't anti-Mormon. Just speakers of the truth, and really upset by the deception of their former faiths.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

numbernumbernumbernumber

Care to discuss this with an ex-Mormon?

I can't stand such ignorance.