User Tag List

First 3111213

Results 121 to 130 of 130

  1. #121
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default



    Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. (Matthew 5:37)

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    61

    Default

    01011010 (aka Feisty Falicia), speaking with you is like trying to shoot a housefly with a paintball gun... no matter how on target I think I am, it just seems to miss and makes the walls all messy.

    I don't think your comments aren't necessarily representative of what I believe or what the church teaches, but regardless, you seem intent to believe that way anyway. I think ultimately we're going to have to agree to disagree, dude.

    Regarding your OP, obviously I don't believe baptisms for the dead to be offensive, but I can't really stop you from choosing to be offended by it.

  3. #123
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Haha, thank you 01011010. I grew up in the church, and I often argue with my agnostic atheist friend (who is on this forum and shall remain nameless lol) about disagreements in the church. He claims it's all arbitrary and I often find myself arguing that no, the church really is usually united (even across denominations) on most important subjects. It's just nice to see it in writing
    It's too late dude, I already told everybody I'm in an Incubus tribute band.

    They can put the pieces together.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    I think ultimately we're going to have to agree to disagree, dude.
    Alrighty, Peter Priesthood. Or should I call you Debbie Downer? Yeah, that's right. I know your mormon lingo too.

    I've been making everything clear. You just messed up and couldn't properly counter my arguments without denying, omitting, or lying.

  5. #125
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    01011010 (aka Feisty Falicia), speaking with you is like trying to shoot a housefly with a paintball gun... no matter how on target I think I am, it just seems to miss and makes the walls all messy.

    I don't think your comments aren't necessarily representative of what I believe or what the church teaches, but regardless, you seem intent to believe that way anyway. I think ultimately we're going to have to agree to disagree, dude.

    Regarding your OP, obviously I don't believe baptisms for the dead to be offensive, but I can't really stop you from choosing to be offended by it.
    Why are your posts so devoid of actual content?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Why are your posts so devoid of actual content?
    You really can't expect much from these people, when their prophet isn't even willing to tell the truth. Yes, they have a living prophet and apostles in their church hierarchy.

    Mormon LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley Dissembles In TIME

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Alrighty, Peter Priesthood. Or should I call you Debbie Downer? Yeah, that's right. I know your mormon lingo too.
    Well now... since you asked, if I had to choose between those two names, I guess I'd want Peter Priesthood, since I think Debbie Downer's a girl and all. But I'm not a big fan of Peter Priesthood either... I was hoping you'd be more creative.

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've been making everything clear. You just messed up and couldn't properly counter my arguments without denying, omitting, or lying.
    You've made your point of view clear, but I don't think we're even having the same conversation. I've presented my position as clearly and honestly as I am able. However, I don't think that you (along with many on this thread) have even attempted to understand anything I've written. You seem more egoically attached to winning an "argument" and trying to ruin my credibility. There comes a point when it gets a bit ridiculous.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    You've made your point of view clear, but I don't think we're even having the same conversation. I've presented my position as clearly and honestly as I am able. However, I don't think that you (along with many on this thread) have even attempted to understand anything I've written. You seem more egoically attached to winning an "argument" and trying to ruin my credibility. There comes a point when it gets a bit ridiculous.
    Spin, spin. Your statements do nothing but evade the actual argument most of the time. That's why simulatedworld mentioned that your replies are empty. It's obvious to everyone.

    You aren't able to refute the evidence of my last post, so you lamely make up some silly story about lack of relevancy. No one ruins mormon credibility more than actual mormons. I'm only pointing out the facts.

    It's fine that you're bowing out, but no one is buying your bs.

  9. #129
    Senior Member incubustribute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's too late dude, I already told everybody I'm in an Incubus tribute band.

    They can put the pieces together.


    Hey, at least I know you read enough of my posts to have found this one. Although I'm still in the double digits haha.

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    But I'm not a big fan of Peter Priesthood either... I was hoping you'd be more creative.
    How about Moe-Ron Churchill?
    However, I don't think that you (along with many on this thread) have even attempted to understand anything I've written. You seem more egoically attached to winning an "argument" and trying to ruin my credibility. There comes a point when it gets a bit ridiculous.
    While I don't know enough about the Mormon church to have an opinion about it, your style of defense involved playing dumb, followed by a condescendingly mocking series of diversions rather than to address the allegations seriously. This creates the impression that you are guilty as charged.

Similar Threads

  1. Who is responsible for the lies of our leaders?
    By Octarine in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
  2. One for the experts.
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
  3. [MBTItm] A Question For The Domiant Type At This Forum?
    By "?" in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. [INFJ] sympathy for the despicable
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO