First 234

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

If i buy a six-pack of soda at wallmart, then share it with 5 people that kinda rub me the wrong way, then, when we all open our sodas roughly at the same time, only mine blasts fizz all over my face, while knowing these other five shmos didn't alter my personal sodas properties in any way. Who do i blame? Fate?

I blame yet another shmo who works/shops at wallmart who could easily have read my mind and concluded that i was a Dr.Pepper fan working my way to the soda section in the way i reflected vibes in my body language in order for shmo to conspire a strategy to have me end up grabbing the six-pack that was set up by said other shmo by shaking only one can due to time constraints.

If anyone can prove my theory wrong, go ahead and take a stab at it
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Ajb....were you in the same mindset during the Bush <(yes i capitalized it) administration? Or would you allofasudden be championing Risen?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Abj.....were you in the same mindset during the Bush <(yes i capitalized it) administration? Or would you allofasudden be championing Risen?
    I have no clue what you're talking about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Conspiracy theories are usually funny, because their logic often ignores anything that doesn't fit within their views. You know, like facts.

But I'm not denying that there may be truth behind them. It's just the way in which the proponents of them, especially the way out there ones, present the data. You can't win over people by screaming at them that "9/11 WAS A LIE!!1!!! FOR OIL!11!!" and expect them to believe you at face value.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    What do you do when you can't prove or disprove based on theory?
    Future historians will have more access to the facts of our time. This is what I meant. People die, their letters and journals come out. Things like this. Less motivation to hide certain truths. All we have about our current time is journalism, we can't have history until we are history.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love conspiracy theories. They fascinate me. The loonier, the better. I do believe some of them. But one of the best things about them is that mostly we'll never know.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I like them they're exciting and fun, I like possibilities even open ended ones that can never be proved.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I like VERY VERY few conspiracy theories, because even if they are completely untrue, they can be interesting to me as sort of Thought Experiments.

My example: The "knowledge" of Pearl Harbor. There is a conspiracy theory that says FDR and/or Winston Churchill had some, but weak, intelligence that there was an imminent attack on Pearl Harbor. It is even said by some that the Japanese sent out a warning about this attack, which was subsequently rejected or denied.

Now, I like thought games, so quite frankly I don't care what really happened. (yet). So, let's pretend you're the president of the US, or if you're euro pretend you're Churchill for kicks. You are at your desk at receive information that the Japanese will launch an attack that will plummet the US into a very unpopular war which is politically unsellable to the US populus. Times were hard domestically and people wanted to see action domestically, but introduing America's military and industrial might could easily turn the entire war in your sides favor. As FDR your hands are politically tied.... but, all you have to do, is pretend that you didn't really see the information, and you could just let it happen. I mean, the report isn't even that reliable - it's ill-confirmed, and it carries with it a very bold outcome of events.

The attack is coming. The Japanese are the aggressors and will be the killers. It won't be your fault if you do nothing, afterall, you didn't have good intelligence data....

What do you do?

After studying social psych I believe that soemthing like 9 out of 10 people would just let the damned Pearl Harbor Attack happen, IF they were in the shoes FDR or Chuchill when receiving would be information. stanly milgram, diffusion of responsibility, whatever... I think anyone in that president's seat would've folded to the pressure of the moment.

My conclusion about this Theory: If Truman (an ESFP) DID have information, he most certaintly let it slide under the table. Same fucking deal with Churchill..... they just would've had to.

That's what i Think conpsiracy theories can be useful/fun for drawing your own conclusions based on theoreticals!

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I like VERY VERY few conspiracy theories, because even if they are completely untrue, they can be interesting to me as sort of Thought Experiments.

My example: The "knowledge" of Pearl Harbor. There is a conspiracy theory that says FDR and/or Winston Churchill had some, but weak, intelligence that there was an imminent attack on Pearl Harbor. It is even said by some that the Japanese sent out a warning about this attack, which was subsequently rejected or denied.

Now, I like thought games, so quite frankly I don't care what really happened. (yet). So, let's pretend you're the president of the US, or if you're euro pretend you're Churchill for kicks. You are at your desk at receive information that the Japanese will launch an attack that will plummet the US into a very unpopular war which is politically unsellable to the US populus. Times were hard domestically and people wanted to see action domestically, but introduing America's military and industrial might could easily turn the entire war in your sides favor. As FDR your hands are politically tied.... but, all you have to do, is pretend that you didn't really see the information, and you could just let it happen. I mean, the report isn't even that reliable - it's ill-confirmed, and it carries with it a very bold outcome of events.

The attack is coming. The Japanese are the aggressors and will be the killers. It won't be your fault if you do nothing, afterall, you didn't have good intelligence data....

What do you do?

After studying social psych I believe that soemthing like 9 out of 10 people would just let the damned Pearl Harbor Attack happen, IF they were in the shoes FDR or Chuchill when receiving would be information. stanly milgram, diffusion of responsibility, whatever... I think anyone in that president's seat would've folded to the pressure of the moment.

My conclusion about this Theory: If Truman (an ESFP) DID have information, he most certaintly let it slide under the table. Same fucking deal with Churchill..... they just would've had to.

That's what i Think conpsiracy theories can be useful/fun for drawing your own conclusions based on theoreticals!
    Your version over looks the evidence that not only did FDR know an attack of some sort was coming and encouraged it, (you can debate whether or not he knew that specific attack was coming) but provoked it in a passive aggressive manner by doing things that would provoke Japan into attacking.

Much like in the case of the Lusitania.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"