User Tag List

12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default media coverage of the tea parties

To continue the topic of bias and hypocrisy, I thought it prudent to point out a few of the the news stories put out by the decidedly left leaning media against the tax party protests, among the few who decided they couldn't avoid contributing some words to the story because guaranteed they would've ignored it and belittled it to the fullest extent possible as they did last time, if they were not so large and numerous. The following JOURNALISTS and REPORTERS are why I don't give a damn about credentials anymore, I only tend to care about if you are right and truthful. Nobody has a standard to be unbiased and fair anymore, NOBODY.

CNN, rudest reporter EVER. The first guy calling Obama an outright fascist is also an idiot. Doubt I'll be slapped on the hand for that. The second interview was very rude and unfair. I don't even understand why she is mad and attacking the people over a freaking anti-tax rally.

[YOUTUBE="6NcIHHdbKts"]CNN coverage[/YOUTUBE]

LA Times Opinion Article. I'm not even sure I should post this, because the guy can't possibly be a journalist. The article is riddled with fallacies and brain pudding. This might be nothing more than someone on the level of a blogger.
    Anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Parties steeped in insanity - Los Angeles Times
    Anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Parties steeped in insanity
    What, exactly, are the protesters protesting? The marginal tax rate rising 3% for millionaires?
    By Marc Cooper
    April 15, 2009
    Discuss Article (1668 Comments)

The Web is buzzing with information about how to throw an anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Party, something organizers hope will be held today from Santa Monica to South Carolina. But no need to burn up your bandwidth reading complicated instructions. Here's a simpler recipe:

Go to a hobby store. Buy a scale model of a U.N. One-World-Government Black Helicopter and a tube of glue. Toss the model kit. Sniff the entire tube of glue. You're all set for the party.

FOR THE RECORD:
    "Tea Parties": An Op-Ed article Wednesday about planned protests against President Obama's economic programs referred to a Bruce Bartlett article in Fortune magazine. The article was in Forbes.
    I can recall only a few outbreaks of such collective insanity as these tea parties in recent years. There was that time in the mid-1990s when a $19.95 video proving Bill Clinton was some sort of serial killer went viral. And then, a few years back, there was that chilling, televised midnight seance from the floor of the U.S. Congress aimed at reviving the long-brain-dead Terri Schiavo.
    WTF is he talking about?
    And now this. Whip out your Lipton and don your tinfoil hat and join the protest against ... against ... against what exactly?

The original Boston Tea Party was caffeinated by a very simple injustice: American Colonists refused to be taxed by a government that lacked any popular representation. That was remedied a few years later in a heroic struggle that stretched from Concord to Yorktown.

So, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor, what's the beef behind today's protests? The Obama administration is cutting taxes for all except the very richest of Americans. Reduced withholding is already showing up in millions of paychecks.

Then again, this rash of tea parties is being organized not only by the pseudo-journalists at Fox News (with Glenn Beck, Neil Cavuto and Sean Hannity actively stoking the flames) but also by FreedomWorks, a conservative lobbying outfit headed by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey. I suppose it was Armey's constitutional if morally dubious privilege to have built an entire political career out of defending the wealthy.

But are common folks actually going to dump Earl Grey into Santa Monica Bay because they are outraged, simply infuriated, by the marginal tax rate rising 3% for millionaires?

Or maybe they'll do it for some other reason. The FreedomWorks site says the Tea Party movement began in reaction to President Obama's corporate bailouts and ensuing yawning budget deficits. These same conservatives, however, were mum when George W. Bush erased our budget surplus and put us deep in the red by drunken spending on a pointless war in Iraq and by, yes, granting massive tax rollbacks for the loaded country clubbers who fund the GOP (and Armey's FreedomWorks). Another bothersome detail: The bailouts were also initiated by Bush.
    People were bitching about it then, bitched about it more when the bailouts started with Bush, and are bitching about it even more because the spending has increased even more, just with a different head in office.

Nobody I know is very pleased with the billions ladled out to teetering banks and corporations. Yet a clear majority of Americans are sophisticated enough to know that these bailouts are a necessary evil and are intended -- unlike the lollipop Bush tax cuts -- not for personal profit but rather as a radical, emergency measure to help Americans keep their jobs, their homes and their retirement.

And while way too many otherwise sane Republicans are actively pandering to the tea-bag battalions, some old-fashioned conservatives are calling out the Teabaggers for their silliness. Writing in Fortune magazine, conservative policy analyst Bruce Bartlett, who has a long anti-tax history, says: "The irony of these protests is that federal revenues as a share of the gross domestic product will be lower this year than any year since 1950. ... The truth is that the U.S. is a relatively low-tax country no matter how you slice the data."

The Tea Party movement, more than anything else, is a rather garish display of a Republican right that seems to have lost not only the national elections but also any semblance of political bearings. Staying on this course, the GOP risks -- in the words of one pundit -- becoming "the Talk Radio Republican Party."

Better put that kettle on, Marge. It's going to be a long and bizarre four years.

Marc Cooper is director of Annenberg Digital News at the Annenberg School for Communication at USC.
    And a piece on MSNBC by some guy sitting in for Olbermann (a commentator, so I'll let this idiocy pass). Still, I don't remember seeing these sorts of attacks by either the left or right leaning media for various left causes, save for a lot of the animal rights stuff, but most people in the country feel they are crazy anyway... It's just so stupid.

Leftist Grandpa: IDIOT TEABAGGERS.....AGAIN

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

There are 4 main reasons why the Tea Party movement is begging to be dismissed and mocked:

1. The Boston Tea Party was about taxation without representation. This isn't about that. People were allowed to vote, and Obama and the Democrats won fairly.

2. It gained momentum from two right-wing lobbying groups setting up coordinated and planned political advertising projects, and also by a former commodities trader promoting it. Yet it was constantly billed as spontaneous and grassroots.

3. The whole "tea bag" and "tea bagging" sexual innuendo seems to be lost on many of the Tea Baggers.

4. Fox News has been promoting the hell out of the Tea Party thing, yet claims not to be. They even billed it as the "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties".

Of course liberal commentators and opinion pieces are going criticize this silliness and blatant hypocrisy.

MBTI
    IsTP

There's not point in looking to the left leaning media to give your point of view, any more than it is to expect the right leaning media to give the lefts point of view. Go watch CSPAN and quit your belly aching...

/realist
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    3. The whole "tea bag" and "tea bagging" sexual innuendo seems to be lost on many of the Tea Baggers.
    It's amazing.

[youtube="I64Ed5iLu4M"]It's Hard To Talk When You're Tea-Baggin'.[/youtube]

[youtube="M7AacN7_xRs"]Tea-Bagging Republicans[/youtube]
    Last edited by 01011010; 04-17-2009 at 06:55 PM.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    It's amazing.
    I never knew the sexual naivete of conservatives could play out in such a hilarious fashion.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I never knew the sexual naivete of conservatives could play out in such a hilarious fashion.
    You'd think they would know better by now. Sending sex filled emails to young boys. Getting caught cruising men in airport bathrooms. Bashing gays at Jesus Camp, then snorting Meth and hiring hookers. Offering a measly 20 to a cop in the park for a bj. National Republican chairman purposely getting a young kid drunk and blowing him. Then being found out he did it to more than one kid, and was charged with sexual assault. Gosh, darn. That lot is a kinky bunch.

I guess pillow talk is out of the question.

Let this be a lesson to them. When you're engaging in secret gay sex, ask what the acts of what you do together are called. Though, the rest of us wouldn't be nearly as amused.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    You'd think they would know better by now. Sending sex filled emails to young boys. Getting caught cruising men in airport bathrooms. Bashing gays at Jesus Camp, then snorting Meth and hiring hookers. Offering a measly 20 to a cop in the park for a bj. National Republican chairman purposely getting a young kid drunk and blowing him. Then being found out he did it to more than one kid, and was charged with sexual assault. Gosh, darn. That lot is a kinky bunch.

I guess pillow talk is out of the question.

Let this be a lesson to them. When you're engaging in secret gay sex, ask what the acts of what you do together are called. Though, the rest of us wouldn't be nearly as amused.
    I guess when you have to keep it a secret you don't get to hang out and learn all the cool slang. Though if Ted Haggard wasn't in hiding right now, I'm sure he woulda known.

Somewhere in a dungeon in Alabama there is some shady things going on.

MBTI
    INTP

Apparently there is some major education going on right now..

The 60th most popular search phrase for Google today is "teabagging someone". LOL Google Trends: Apr 16, 2009

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

They're your kids. This is what the clique media doesn't tell me. So far as an individual in the US my share of the debt incured from Oct 08 is $18,000. This is tarp and stimulus that pays it's own special interest. Special interest as in leverage on banks and unionized industries. The media also doesn't tell me that at this rate i'll never be able to pay off my debt that was not of my choice.

Tarp-$700,000,000,000 + Stimulus-roughly$700,000,000,000 = 1,400,000,000,000 divide that by 350,000,000 = $4,000 Then add interest to the chinese over the lifetime of our kids These #s are skewed in obamas and bushs favor. The 350,000,000 takes into account a few future tax payers even.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

LOL, dude, there's NO way Anderson Cooper DOESN'T know what the term can refer to..... look at his last line from the first clip, it's so obvious that both of them know....

Guardians just pretend not to know about such things, and keep all of that "shit at home" - they consume donkey pr0n and paypal for peepshows more than anyone else!