User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 149

  1. #31
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "Working families" does not mean a family in which at least one person works. It's code for families with income under a certain amount.
    Yeah, the 95% figure doesn't include families with incomes above a certain amount. But what's your point?

  2. #32
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What you fail to understand is that many Americans who will never be rich wholeheartedly agree with "don't raise taxes on the rich, or anyone else." Many of them were outside protesting yesterday.
    Too bad there wasn't enough of them to keep Obama and the Democrats from getting elected.

    Maybe they should focus on rebuilding the Republican name or finding a third party.

  3. #33
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah, the 95% figure doesn't include families with incomes above a certain amount. But what's your point?
    Do you even know the amount? And how many families get nothing? And why that's unfair? There are about a hundred points here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #34
    Senior Member dga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    It's not hard to attract hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants on the issue of their ability to stay in the county they broke into. The only reason they didn't have an even greater turnout is likely because some of them were scared of being rounded up.
    by that logic, it should not be difficult to attract hundreds of thousands of people that would rather not pay any taxes and that more would not come out only because they would be scared of being identified.

  5. #35
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Too bad there wasn't enough of them to keep Obama and the Democrats from getting elected.

    Maybe they should focus on rebuilding the Republican name or finding a third party.

    Maybe the Republicans should focus on turning in a balanced budget that actually lowers taxes and spending.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #36
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you even know the amount? And how many families get nothing? And why that's unfair? There are about a hundred points here.
    I already know the right-wing position on this issue. Why are you telling it to me?

  7. #37
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    by that logic, it should not be difficult to attract hundreds of thousands of people that would rather not pay any taxes and that more would not come out only because they would be scared of being identified.
    Where your logic breaks down is in considering the character and nature of the types of people that would be attracted to the two different issues.

  8. #38
    Senior Member alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I don't understand the mentality of "So what? You may be getting a tax break - be happy".

    I don't understand it. I just can't wrap my head around it - does anyone else have that problem? I really want to understand it - help me please.




    Also... % based FLAT TAX!!!!!!!

    89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

  9. #39
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    "So What?" comes from how one feels about burdin on their youth.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  10. #40
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I don't understand the mentality of "So what? You may be getting a tax break - be happy".

    I don't understand it. I just can't wrap my head around it - does anyone else have that problem? I really want to understand it - help me please.




    Also... % based FLAT TAX!!!!!!!
    It just looks a bit hypocritical to be protesting high taxes when you're getting a tax cut.

Similar Threads

  1. The future of the Republican party
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 797
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 01:06 PM
  2. Former Republican staffer's extremely scathing critique of the Republican party.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
  3. Unity within the upper echelons of the Republican Party begins to crack.
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
  4. The Death of the Republican Party, Stardate Unknown
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
  5. media coverage of the tea parties Part 2, (the video they don't want you to see)
    By cogdecree in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO