User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    Yeah - but shouldn't the data be similar at least?
    How do you mean?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Did you look at the disparity in the data from comparing Telephone responses vs Internet?

Telephone has him at something like 70% Approval / 30% Disapproval and the Internet results are just about split down the middle.

I'm starting to think they didn't poll enough people...

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm starting to think they didn't poll enough people...
    Internet polls are self-selecting and sample biased... they are essentially useless.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

The funny thing is it isn't just one poll though - its several different sites rolled into one average result. I guess it would hit more users that way...

Cognitive Process
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not saying that it isn't important. It is. But streamline it more. Increase it - yeah. Do that! But don't take it out of my damn pocket. RESPONSIBLE SPENDING!

Cut that 1.6 million science project on how mold grows on bread or something instead.
    Uh huh...Sure, I support important causes like education! As long as I don't have to help pay for them!

Consider how much that 1.6 million dollar project actually means once divided up amongst the tax-paying populace. Republicans loooove to run around scaremongering by reading off gigantic numbers from the budget to scare you, but in reality these "earmarks" make up less than 1% of Obama's budget.

PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE. 1.6 million is nothing in terms of the federal budget; it's not even pocket change. That's a tiny tiny fraction a single penny to each individual tax payer.

But apparently Republican scaremongering works, because they've got your feathers all ruffled about "gross irresponsible spending!" You hear their speeches and get scared by a bunch of really big numbers--that's how they work. Consider the full context before you flip out.

Perhaps you should instead consider the cost of the Iraq War, which has now exceeded $600 billion (more than 600,000x the cost of that bread mold project you were so up in arms about contributing to!)

Seriously people, taxes are a fact of life and the government isn't destroying America or hating freedom or what the fuck-ever Fox News has you worried about today by raising them when the economy is in the shit hole. Grow up.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP

The funny thing is it isn't just one poll though - its several different sites rolled into one average result. I guess it would hit more users that way...
    More doesn't help bias, unfortunately.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

GM, Chrysler to get $5.5B more in government loans I don't think she flipped out. She just gave one small example of govt waste as a whole.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok - Calm down. Take a deep breath. It's ok - I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Uh huh...Sure, I support important causes! As long as I don't have to help pay for them!
    I don't mind. Don't assume you do .... I think it's ridiculous to ask someone to pay for something not used for people who pay nothing to use.

Consider how much that 1.6 million dollar project actually means once divided up amongst the tax-paying populace. Republicans loooove to run around scaremongering by reading off gigantic numbers from the budget to scare you, but in reality these "earmarks" make up less than 1% of Obama's budget.
    The fact that this quick "of the top of my head example" prompted you to think I'm serious about that figure worries me.

PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE. 1.6 million is nothing in terms of the federal budget; it's not even pocket change. That's a tiny tiny fraction a single penny to each individual tax payer.
    Again, so literal. I'm aware 1.6 million is... not even pocket change.

But apparently Republican scaremongering works, because they've got your feathers all ruffled about "gross irresponsible spending!" You hear their speeches and get scared by a bunch of really big numbers--that's how they work. Consider the full context before you flip out.
    My feathers aren't ruffled - and I'm not freaking out at all. I'm surprised that you honestly think this is one sided. THIS IS A GOVERNMENT PROBLEM ALL AROUND. They all do it. Stop trying to demonize one side when both are guilty.

Perhaps you should instead consider the cost of the Iraq War, which has now exceeded $600 billion (more than 600,000x the cost of that bread mold project you were so up in arms about contributing to!)
    RLY?

Seriously people, taxes are a fact of life and the government isn't destroying America or hating freedom or what the fuck-ever Fox News has you worried about today by raising them when the economy is in the shit hole. Grow up.
    You are being severely one sided. You have ranted in this post - completely freaking out, all the while deflecting your anger by attempting to project it in on someone else. All I posted was a view, something I see as unfair, that is in the context of this thread, looking for other's views and feedback. They only responses I received was a comment on education costs and how important it is to invest in and then a poll showing an approval rating.

Now - I hope your head didn't explode and I hope we can still be friends.

(((MONSTER BIG HUGS!!!)))

Cognitive Process
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    GM, Chrysler to get $5.5B more in government loans I don't think she flipped out. She just gave one small example of govt waste as a whole.
    O yeah! I saw a commercial the other day. I think it was a GM advertisement.

It caught my attention when I heard something like "And if you can't make your payments, that's fine - we will cover you for up to 3 months". Then I heard something like "And if you still can't pay - you can return the car to us with no impact on your credit report".

HOLY MOSES!

Cognitive Process
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics