User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Default Texas speaks up (HRC-50), Washington takes off the gloves (homeland security)

Other states have passed similar bills wanting to restrict federal government.

Texas is currently working on their version.

(bill)
    Texas Legislature Online - 81(R) History for HCR 50

HRC-50 asks for strict constitutional role for the government, with state sovereignty over powers not defined by the federal government (amendment 10) wanting to repeal all laws that infringe on such.

(perry's speach)
    YouTube - Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment - Part 2

Perry (after the tea tax protest) asked about his right wing extremeism
    YouTube - Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party ::: On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism"

DHS: Statement by U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on the Threat of Right-Wing Extremism

"The primary mission of this department is to prevent terrorist attacks on our nation. The document on right-wing extremism sent last week by this departmentís Office of Intelligence and Analysis is one in an ongoing series of assessments to provide situational awareness to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on the phenomenon and trends of violent radicalization in the United States. I was briefed on the general topic, which is one that struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution.

Let me be very clear: we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States. We donít have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence.

We are on the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not Ė nor will we ever Ė monitor ideology or political beliefs. We take seriously our responsibility to protect the civil rights and liberties of the American people, including subjecting our activities to rigorous oversight from numerous internal and external sources.

I am aware of the letter from American Legion National Commander Rehbein, and my staff has already contacted him to set up a meeting next week once I return from travel. I will tell him face-to-face that we honor veterans at DHS and employ thousands across the department, up to and including the Deputy Secretary.

As the department responsible for protecting the homeland, DHS will continue to work with its state and local partners to prevent and protect against the potential threat to the United States associated with any rise in violent extremist activity."

(also considering these are the main/direct sources of such info, the media has already spun this topic, with "their" translation)

(though, I may be spinning this with my translation, I still find the piece interesting)

Violent activity should be monitored though, no disagreements, but as we know with the patriot act, the Iraq conflict, the stimulus bill, etc, things go further than what is anticipated.

I may be reading too much into this but anyways, your thoughts?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm not sure why you combined the texas bill with the report put out by the government about the very broad criteria for what may be "right wing extremists", similar to the report put out over a month ago from Missouri about possible "militia members". Thanks for mentioning it. Basically, most of the right is a possible threat (and really, most of the country based on some of the criteria). It's scary stuff, and it shows just how worried the government is over the divisiveness that is taking hold of the country. I remember a thread I made way back when that got tons of ridicule (if only someone could've saved me from their harsh words...) about these sorts of things. I really did not go in depth because it was so controversial, but try googling "summer from hell" and you might get the picture. Everything in America right now is peaceful, thank God. But only he knows how far down the road things could lead.

With that said, I don't believe people who are against government spending, rampant unsustainable government growth, and not enforcing our borders and immigration laws are crazy or a possible threat. They are the majority of Americans. It makes you an intelligent human being (no offense to all the people who might not believe in these sorts of things, and thus become omitted from the category of "intelligent").

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'm not sure why you combined the texas bill with the report put out by the government about the very broad criteria for what may be "right wing extremist".

I was giving background for Perry, which one may accuse him of right wing extremism (these events all being recent). With right wing extremism linking the two together.

It is broad, and nothing bad may come of it, but I always think in worst case scenarios.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

[QUOTE=cogdecree;618202]
    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'm not sure why you combined the texas bill with the report put out by the government about the very broad criteria for what may be "right wing extremists"QUOTE]

I was giving background for Perry, which one may accuse him of right wing extremism. With right wing extremism linking the two together.

It is broad, and nothing bad may come of it, but I always think in worst case scenarios.
    I see. I'm glad you brought it up because I was wanting to make a thread about it. In any case, we're all extremists now, so lets throw a party!

MBTI
    ESFJ

EXTREME!

Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Can I join?

Honestly if Texas seceded from the Union I'd move there in a heartbeat!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

No! Texas is BAD! Everyone should stop moving there!

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Can I join?

Honestly if Texas seceded from the Union I'd move there in a heartbeat!
    lol, same, though I don't believe that will happen through this bill (the bill just limits federal gov to the point of strict constitutional lines). Texas is the most likely to successfully secede than any other state.

I also believe 4 other states have passed the bill already, hopefully Alaska and Texas join in as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

/cry

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I received this as a text message today.

Rick Perry is moronic. So is this notion.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]