User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Could we please, PLEASE keep this kind of invective out of the political threads? There is absolutely no reason for the discourse to get down to this level. Normally we let the political stuff get a bit more heated than the rest of the forum because, well, that's the way of politics. But it can definitely be done without these kinds of statements.
    If I see something that's wrong or a lie, I'm going to call it out, as I have always done, and always will do. If we can come to the middle on the issue, then good. Otherwise, I have a low tolerance for for the wholesale spread of BS, lies, untuths, and inaccuracies. If you'd like to live with that, then do so. It's your life and your brain, do with it what you desire. Fin.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Risen, I'm not making any political statements, I'm just trying to run a forum here. I have called others on this sort of thing when you were the target, now I'm calling you. You can absolutely disagree and correct what you see as misinformation without using insulting language.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    What media outlets should I avoid like the plague? Which ones shold I pay attention to? I want an accurate description of what's really going on...
    If you want a BALANCE of TV coverage, you should watch an equal amount of Fox and an equal amount of any other media outlet since they tend to lean left while Fox leans right. Fox's coverage will be more in depth and accurate. Depending on where you live, you might be able to turn on the am dial of your radio, and find some good in depth coverage of what's going on from a more local perspective. As far as the internet goes, take whatever source you trust but know that the left leaning sources will belittle the entire issue and skew it out of context. That's not something that I want to say, it's something I wish weren't true, but it is what it is (and always is).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I have called others on this sort of thing when you were the target,
    No. There is no more pertinent word than "NO" to respond to such a statement.

You can absolutely disagree and correct what you see as misinformation without using insulting language.
    I draw the line at name calling (of specific members in the conversation). Take me to task when I cross it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't understand what was wrong with "Choose your words carefully, because you're going to have to fight to prove that you actually have even the most minuscule inkling of what is going on."

I thought there were other things in this thread just as if not more offensive.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    No

I draw the line at name calling (of specific members in the conversation). Take me to task when I cross it.
    Your personal line-drawing is irrelevant. Check the FAQ if you're confused about the guidelines for participation on THIS forum.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Your personal line-drawing is irrelevant. Check the FAQ if you're confused about the guidelines for participation on THIS forum.
    Turn around, focus on something more critical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    What media outlets should I avoid like the plague? Which ones shold I pay attention to? I want an accurate description of what's really going on...
    You know, thats a great question, I had the same one.

Now, I read them ALL!

CNN, Fox, Drudgereport, Daily Mail, BBC, MSNBC and after all those - I go to the drudgeretort to see the back and forth there. I figure that I may get a better view of the scope of a story if I try to hit em all.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I don't understand what was wrong with "Choose your words carefully, because you're going to have to fight to prove that you actually have even the most minuscule inkling of what is going on."

I thought there were other things in this thread just as if not more offensive.
    It's needless invective that lowers the level of discourse. Not to mention that in that same post, though I didn't quote it, Risen said that anyone who believes what another poster posted would have to be an idiot. Though I admire the way he can call another member an idiot without technically calling them an idiot, I'm not an idiot.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    You know, thats a great question, I had the same one.

Now, I read them ALL!

CNN, Fox, Drudgereport, Daily Mail, BBC, MSNBC and after all those - I go to the drudgeretort to see the back and forth there. I figure that I may get a better view of the scope of a story if I try to hit em all.

Yes, Drudge is awesome, even though I don't use him much. Very balanced and true to the issues.