First 12345 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I liked coffee when coffee wasn't cool.
    Doesn't that make you around 100 years old?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I honestly don't care who started these tea parties--lobbyists or average people or whoever. The important part is the why, and if people think this is their way of making their voice heard, why the hell shouldn't they do it? It's not hurting anyone, and they do have free speech. Might as well use it if they're unhappy.

I'm not knocking this, if you feel it's something you need to do. It's good that you even care. I just sincerely hope that every single person continues to care and to follow up. And to hold the people you elected accountable for their actions, since they speak and vote on your behalf. Start locally, where you can have more of a direct impact. Write letters, make phone calls, be a pest. Be heard. Or better yet, run for office or back someone for office that you know personally - get in the game.
    +1. Politics aren't meant to be watched from the sidelines like a sport. If you care, get involved.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I don't know man, but Freedom Works is a lobby, and it is clear they are playing a big part in these tea parties.

Evidence that it is a lobby:

Evidence that they are a big organizer:
    How to Organize Your Own “Tea Party” Protest | FreedomWorks

Tea Party HQ | FreedomWorks

Edit: Also, calling Radio and TV personalities "regular people" is absurd to me. They aren't "regular" for the very reason they have a voice--a voice paid for by media corporations and their sponsors.

If I had heard about the tea-parties from my neighbor instead of on Fox and Friends, I would be more inclined to believe it was "grass-roots."

Edit 2: Not that I disagree with the protestors. I just don't think it comes anywhere close to "grass-roots."
    I conceded to the likelihood that the initial thrust for the tea party movement was started by lobbyists, but I know for a fact that what has developed since then has been more grassroots in nature. Non lobbyists, regular citizens, are organizing their own events. It is not all centralized between the groups, and most of them are gathering for their own communities for their own reasons. Radio stations have been very helpful in some of them for spreading the word and reaching a large audience. These things are local oriented, and Fox has been nothing more than a mouthpiece for what started long before they began covering it. Rest assured there are people with political interests involved in some as these sorts of things lend themselves to being taken over by those who have the ability to coordinate and contribute funds. Either way, what is conspiring right now is something that needs to be occur, regardless of who made the jump-off.

And local talk show hosts ARE regular people with their own opinions and reasons for being on the air. I listen to a great deal of radio, I have friends who work in the media, I know what I'm talking about. The Tea Party attribution is a way to organize all of the individual/local units, but they are all locally driven, sometimes aided by local talk show hosts who have the same interests as the local population. As a rule, talk show hosts NEVER coordinate with each other as there is usually a stiff air of competition among them. They tend to be more concerned about local issues and their own listeners than any national movement.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I LOVE YOU ALL!

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Someone should tell these Tea Baggers that the Boston Tea Party was about taxation without representation.

They are using the name while skewing it's meaning to support right-wing politics. Since the Democrats fairly won these recent elections, the Tea Baggers need a viable political party, not a tea party.
    + 1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    + 1

WAIT!

Have you looked at it that they feel they are not being represented? I mean - isn't it something like 87% of Americans didn't agree with the bailout?

Math?

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    WAIT!

Have you looked at it that they feel they are not being represented? I mean - isn't it something like 87% of Americans didn't agree with the bailout?

Math?
    +1
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    IsTP

WAIT!

Math?
    Kinda doesn't matter. The system is constructed for the bailout to happen no matter who the president was or what party is in power.

At any rate, where were the teabag parties when Bush was running up the tab? As long as there a such thing as The Fed there will be bailouts.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

WAIT!

Math?
    Of course! I personally was pushing for protests while the bills were actually IN FRONT of Congress... Now, I'm pushing for people to NOT re-elect those who signed in favor of any of the bills. I made the claim earlier that a peaceful protest probably would not get the laws changed, but actually getting involved in your local districts will.

Our lawmakers need to hear from each of their constituents, individually - not a bunch of people who may or may not even be citizens and who may or may not be in their district. But I've also said that if this is what gets people involved, it's a good thing to do - and it's a good way to exercise our Bill of Rights. I hope everyone walks away with some sort of civic pride.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    As long as there a such thing as The Fed there will be bailouts.
    Yes!!! Down with the FED!!!!!!!!