First 12

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

"I think I killed somebody."
    He wasn't even sure himself?

Technically, if he upset the woman, and then that woman decided to kill herself, he could have felt guilt and said those words as well. *shrug*

Anyhow, dunno the guy, dunno the case, just saying. :P

MBTI
    INTJ

Spector's chauffeur, the key witness, said he heard a gunshot, then saw Spector emerge holding a gun and heard him say: "I think I killed somebody."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    He wasn't even sure himself?

Technically, if he upset the woman, and then that woman decided to kill herself, he could have felt guilt and said those words as well. *shrug*
    lol, that's a good explanation...

...but it probably doesn't help if you have a gun in your hand when you say that.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Phil Spector killed somebody? Phil SPECTOR? The music producer notorious for waving guns around and threatening drummers' lives if they couldn't keep the time properly? Get out of town. They say this guy is unbalanced?

Goddamn witch hunt, if you ask me.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

heh. this morning on courttv, they asked one another if his being found guilty meant that celebrities could no longer get away with major crimes, and one person said, "yes".

my first thought was that this person hasn't been a friggen celebrity for a long time, and his being found anything doesn't mean shit, except that he had money enough to drag it out for this long.

i predict the next REAL celebrity that kills someone will get away with it just fine despite this asshole finally being found guilty.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    heh. this morning on courttv, they asked one another if his being found guilty meant that celebrities could no longer get away with major crimes, and one person said, "yes".

my first thought was that this person hasn't been a friggen celebrity for a long time, and his being found anything doesn't mean shit, except that he had money enough to drag it out for this long.

i predict the next REAL celebrity that kills someone will get away with it just fine despite this asshole finally being found guilty.

Phil Spector is pretty famous and extraordinarily rich. His career peaked in the '60s and early-'70s, but he is one of the most famous music producers in the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Phil Spector is pretty famous and extraordinarily rich. His career peaked in the '60s and early-'70s, but he is one of the most famous music producers in the world.
    yes, i know who he is, but this is a fast paced world. objectively, being big in the 60s and 70s means hardly anyone on the jury knows or cares who you are unless it was your face in the front of the group or you were the main singer.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ESFJ

yes, i know who he is, but this is a fast paced world. objectively, being big in the 60s and 70s means hardly anyone on the jury knows or cares who you are unless it was your face in the front of the group or you were the main singer.
    Phil Spector is way more famous than the girl groups he recorded (really, people call them "Phil Spector songs," not "Crystals songs" or "Ronettes songs"), but he was still active. He did a couple of songs on Starsailor's second album, including "Silence Is Easy." That hit #9 in the UK, less than five years ago. He's actually risen in stature the last 10-15 years, as critics have reassessed the Girl Group Era, and compilations like Back to Mono have been released.

Here's the video for "Silence Is Easy." I love this track, and it actually benefits from the Spector treatment (a lot of rock bands have not).

[YOUTUBE=bjCjkRoXLMk]Starsailor - Silence Is Easy[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, Spector counts as a 'very famous person' in my book, although obviously a lot of young people won't feel the same. He's a major figure.

Still happy he was found guilty. And no bail. Justice makes my heart warm.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Phil Spector is way more famous than the girl groups he recorded (really, people call them "Phil Spector songs," not "Crystals songs" or "Ronettes songs"), but he was still active. He did a couple of songs on Starsailor's second album, including "Silence Is Easy." That hit #9 in the UK, less than five years ago. He's actually risen in stature the last 10-15 years, as critics have reassessed the Girl Group Era, and compilations like Back to Mono have been released.

Here's the video for "Silence Is Easy." I love this track, and it actually benefits from the Spector treatment (a lot of rock bands have not).

[YOUTUBE=bjCjkRoXLMk]Starsailor - Silence Is Easy[/YOUTUBE]
    glad you weren't on the jury.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ESFJ

glad you weren't on the jury.