User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    FTR, I can't believe you're seriously arguing this, Synarch. Maybe you're not.
    Arguing what?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    How ridiculous is this? So we're supposed to keep our legs closed if we don't want to get pregnant but we're not supposed to close our legs with our husbands??? Sorry, that's about the most absurd thing I've seen in this thread so far. Ten years of marriage would have left me with a dozen children operating under that paradigm. FUCK that!

You've just offered up yet further evidence of why marriage should be eliminated. Thank you.
    Feminists are so silly.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This does not mean people were being raped in the streets or that women were being imprisoned and raped in their homes. Come on.
    Yes they were. That's why laws were made to protect us. If it wasn't prevalent, why would anyone think to make it a law? It's ludicrous and offensive to imply that domestic violence and rape is not and was not prevalent throughout history and now, in modern times. It's very insulting.

All this talk about wanting a marriage and cherishing your wife and women in general means absolutely nothing if you don't open your mind and heart and actually listen to us. You wonder why we don't want to get married and it's because of this. The ignorance, the misogyny, the whatever have you. In order to cherish a woman, you have got to listen to her. Keep arguing if you want, I don't care, but I hope that one day you pick up a book and read about women's struggles and reproductive rights before you have a daughter. Listen and absorb instead of immediately striking back - you may be surprised to know that we are actually telling you the truth.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Feminists are so silly.
    No ad hominems please!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Arguing what?
    That women and men have historically had equal power/influence/opportunities/whatever.

Edit: Notice I didn't say I couldn't believe Peguy would seriously argue this.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Sniffles

No ad hominems please!
    Exactly how was that an ad hominem? If I dismissed her argument on the grounds she was on her period, I could see your point.

Considering it's 1:20 am here. I could go further on this issue, but I'll leave it at that for now.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes they were. That's why laws were made to protect us. If it wasn't prevalent, why would anyone think to make it a law? It's ludicrous and offensive to imply that domestic violence and rape is not and was not prevalent throughout history and now, in modern times. It's very insulting.

All this talk about wanting a marriage and cherishing your wife and women in general means absolutely nothing if you don't open your mind and heart and actually listen to us. You wonder why we don't want to get married and it's because of this. The ignorance, the misogyny, the whatever have you. In order to cherish a woman, you have got to listen to her. Keep arguing if you want, I don't care, but I hope that one day you pick up a book and read about women's struggles and reproductive rights before you have a daughter. Listen and absorb instead of immediately striking back - you may be surprised to know that we are actually telling you the truth.
    I will listen to you when you stop dissing marriage. No one is really acknowledging the other side. Don't clamor for the moral high ground. I'm more than willing to listen to someone who is equally open-minded. But, your mind is made up. As is juggernaut's. So... what am I listening for? There is no potential for exchange or accommodation. Only for defense of cherished institutions.

I thought you left?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Exactly how was that an ad hominem? If I dismissed her argument on the grounds she was on her period, I could see your point.

Banned

Marriage should not be eliminated. Loveless marriages should be eliminated. Stop projecting.
    No genius, if what Peguy said is true, then for any woman who does not wish to be saddled with unwanted children marriage should be eliminated.

P1: If a woman does not want to get pregnant she should keep her legs closed.
    P2: A woman does not want to get pregnant
    Therefore, a woman should keep her legs closed

and

P1: A woman who is married should not close her legs to her husband
    P2: A woman does not want to get pregnant
    Therefore, a woman should remain unmarried

This is just basic intro-level logic. Love is in no way a part of the equation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That women and men have historically had equal power/influence/opportunities/whatever.

Maybe not completely equal, but also not some blasted wasteland of female suffering and subjugation. Women have always wielded considerable influence! Macbeth! Is this based on fantasy?