User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    *steamy in here*

I will on the next topic. I've already said my piece on this one - anything more is just repetition. Next.
    Quitter.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Quitter.
    Hater.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hater.
    Copycat.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Copycat.
    Instigator.

But seriously though, I've said my piece. I'm gonna go toy with the INFJs now...

Banned

I just doubt it was as bad or as neat and simple as you make it seem. Also, no man can own you. Not the way you seem to fear.
    Clearly you are competent enough to look the information up for yourself, please feel free. The reason the divorce rate peaked in the 70s was for precisely the reasons I mentioned. By the 70s, women were making plenty of their own money and the pill made it possible for a woman to control whether she got pregnant...she didn't have to ask her partner to use a condom, leaving the decision to him. The need to put up with nonsense from a partner became obsolete. If you can't make a living, you can't buy the food you need to feed yourself and your children, and essentially you are owned. It really is just that simple. Today, we're very fortunate, we can get an education, start a career and then decide when or if we want children. There are lots of options, and most of them don't require marriage.

MBTI
    ENTP

Instigator.

But seriously though, I've said my piece. I'm gonna go toy with the INFJs now...
    So stop talking and just go.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Clearly you are competent enough to look the information up for yourself, please feel free. The reason the divorce rate peaked in the 70s was for precisely the reasons I mentioned. By the 70s, women were making plenty of their own money and the pill made it possible for a woman to control whether she got pregnant...she didn't have to ask her partner to use a condom, leaving the decision to him. The need to put up with nonsense from a partner became obsolete. If you can't make a living, you can't buy the food you need to feed yourself and your children, and essentially you are owned. It really is just that simple. Today, we're very fortunate, we can get an education, start a career and then decided when or if we want children. There are lots of options, and most of them don't require marriage.
    Well, clearly my campaign to sway you has failed. But, obviously, marriage is the best framework (statistically) for raising children.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm sure you could point to men who were required to fulfill some social function. Does this mean these men were held down? How can someone deny you creative output?

"Those who control their passions do so because their passions are weak enough to be controlled." - William Blake
    You do understand the difference between an isolated event and a prevalent oppression of a category of people in a society, correct? You understand that there are different levels of oppression from individual instances to societal level. I trust you have the ability to make this distinction.

If there were individual instances where men were required to perform a social role that denied them their potential, then yes of course they were held down. Such an issue would need to be addressed at the level it occurred. If it was an employer, then the oppression of that employer should be addressed. We are dealing with a societal based oppression towards women that managed to hold down women who were the potentially the equals of the greatest minds recorded in history. Can you actually dismiss that in stride?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    the pill made it possible for a woman to control whether she got pregnant...
    There was also the old fashion method of just keeping your legs closed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You do understand the difference between an isolated event and a prevalent oppression of a category of people in a society, correct? You understand that there are different levels of oppression from individual instances to societal level. I trust you have the ability to make this distinction.

If there were individual instances where men were required to perform a social role that denied them their potential, then yes of course they were held down. Such an issue would need to be addressed at the level it occurred. If it was an employer, then the oppression of that employer should be addressed. We are dealing with a societal based oppression towards women that managed to hold down women who were the potentially the equals of the greatest minds recorded in history. Can you actually dismiss that in stride?
    What does this have to do with marriage being bad NOW?