User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Diane Court: Nobody thinks it will work, do they?
    Lloyd Dobler: No. You just described every great success story.
    Cute. How bout some RL references now?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Actually, there are many things that cease to be an option after a certain age. You cannot start a career at fifty or sixty, people just will not hire you. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. You may think the world is your oyster but that's just not how things work. Try explaining to a prospective employer a two decade hiatus from the job market, when he's got a dozen applications from young, healthy applicants sitting in his inbox. You'll find out very quickly what your limitations are.
    If a woman has children before she ever works, then she's between 18 and 22, so her children are grown by the time she's in her forties, not fifty or sixty. But honestly what are the chances in the today's world that she wouldn't work at least part-time or go to classes when those children get into their teens.

Everyone is prone to regrets. A woman could have a fabulous career and spent her winter years deeply regretting not staying home and spending more time with her young children. A woman could spend a lifetime being a real estate whiz and spend her retirement wishing she'd been a vagabond artist.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sorry, I thought this thread was about "4 Out of 10 People Are Born Out of Wedlock."

Funny you should mention it though, cause that's exactly why this happens. The simple fact that you could be long gone on that basis is what has motivated many of us to become long gone ourselves.
    Romance does not just wither away, though. It can be nurtured and maintained if both people want it to grow. Right?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    How can you make babies without romance?

The babies have a way of "curing" romance. Dirty diapers and the stench of spit-up generally don't do much to get one in the mood for romance. Again, that's probably just me, I'm sure someone will offer an example of how turned on their friend/sister/neighbor gets when elbow deep in snot, puke, and baby crap. What can I say...I'm frigid.

heart on fire

Sorry, I thought this thread was about "4 Out of 10 People Are Born Out of Wedlock."
    Odd thing for you to jab about since you're the one broadening the scope of the discussion.

Funny you should mention it though, cause that's exactly why this happens. The simple fact that you could be long gone on that basis is what has motivated many of us to become long gone ourselves.
    Well, I'd say the same thing about my sister, without the "sisterhood" and life long affection there, I'd be long gone. I hate her moody days

Without the friendship and the good times we have, I'd be long gone from my relationship with my friend, I hate her super Te days.

What can I say? Life ain't perfect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If a woman has children before she ever works, then she's between 18 and 22, so her children are grown by the time she's in her forties, not fifty or sixty. But honestly what are the chances in the today's world that she wouldn't work at least part-time or go to classes when those children get into their teens.

Everyone is prone to regrets. A woman could have a fabulous career and spent her winter years deeply regretting not staying home and spending more time with her young children. A woman could spend a lifetime being a real estate whiz and spend her retirement wishing she'd been a vagabond artist.
    I'm not. In fact the only real regret I have had was my involvement with one particular man. Ironic, eh?

heart on fire

I'm not. In fact the only real regret I have had was my involvement with one particular man. Ironic, eh?
    Well, then with such excellent self-knowing, precognition and ability to overcome the natural conflicts between the different parts of human nature and economic constraints and physical health limitations in yourself, I'd say now that you are divorced from him you'll do just fine.

Banned

Odd thing for you to jab about since you're the one broadening the scope of the discussion.

Fair enough. I'll be happy to reign this sucker back in. The only reason I even posted in the first place was my youngest was born out of wedlock, and it was the easiest, healthiest, sanest pregnancy and delivery of the three. I have no regrets about having been married or having my older sons in the traditional way, but if I had it to do all over again I would have had all three out of wedlock...and added to that statistic. There was never any reason for me to be married.

Banned

Well, then with such excellent self-knowing, precognition and ability to overcome the natural conflicts between the different parts of human nature and economic constraints and physical health limitations in yourself, I'd say now that you are divorced from him you'll do just fine.

Wasn't stupid enough to marry that one. But you're right otherwise.

MBTI
    ENTP

The babies have a way of "curing" romance. Dirty diapers and the stench of spit-up generally don't do much to get one in the mood for romance. Again, that's probably just me, I'm sure someone will offer an example of how turned on their friend/sister/neighbor gets when elbow deep in snot, puke, and baby crap. What can I say...I'm frigid.
    Psssh. You can't let a few baby diapers stop you. That's why they make soap and water.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."