User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This is also a part of what I was talking about. It's way too early to stand up and shout for a victory for women and their gains.

I know several women who have been happy to be stay at home mothers and devote their time and energy to raising their children. They seem to be connected to the world and a part of it, they aren't recluses.
    Fair enough, but that period in a woman's life ends...and then what? It may take a couple decades to get your offspring grown and fledged, but that still leaves most of us with about three or four decades of life to figure out what to do with. They kick you out of the PTA when your kids graduate unfortunately.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And I think you have your head in the sand.

Agree to disagree?
    What does agree to disagree mean? Let's just disagree and remain respectful. I still like you.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What does agree to disagree mean? Let's just disagree and remain respectful. I still like you.
    It means exactly the same thing, that's my way of showing you respect. I never not liked you!

MBTI
    ENTP

It means exactly the same thing, that's my way of showing you respect. I never not liked you!
    Yea, but you said I had my head in the sand!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yea, but you said I had my head in the sand!
    Yes, I think that your argument was naive and one sided, but I still like you and respect you.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Fair enough, but that period in a woman's life ends...and then what? It may take a couple decades to get your offspring grown and fledged, but that still leaves most of us with about three or four decades of life to figure out what to do with. They kick you out of the PTA when your kids graduate unfortunately.
    I don't know anyone who is really that active in the PTA. Women can go back to school, get training, do volunteer work, whatever their economic situation will support. I really don't care what they do, I was simply pointing out that not every woman feels the same way about motherhood and babies not being fufilling to her "being" or whatever.

Some women find a lot of fulfillment in having and raising babies, but in today's world they are often looked on as being backwards, neurotic or childlike for doing so. I think that's an awful thing. btw, I am married and "childfree by choice".

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, I think that your argument was naive and one sided, but I still like you and respect you.
    I am pretty naive. But only because I am idealistic. I want the world to be a better, happier place.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I am pretty naive. But only because I am idealistic. I want the world to be a better, happier place.
    Awww, well here's a start:

Banned

What does love mean to you? Seriously. This is exactly the very definition of love: to put someone above yourself. The best part is, if two people both feel this way, it just works! It's reciprocal.
    Love of one's offspring definitely involves this putting of someone else above you of which you speak. Love of a mate involves no such thing. It's just an extension of friendship, based on respect and warmth. Putting your mate above yourself is not virtuous, it's stupid. I certainly would be appalled by a man who did that to me, or expected that sort of thing from me. As partners we should stand on equal footing, next to one another.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Love of one's offspring definitely involves this putting of someone else above you of which you speak. Love of a mate involves no such thing. It's just an extension of friendship, based on respect and warmth. Putting your mate above yourself is not virtuous, it's stupid. I certainly would be appalled by a man who did that to me, or expected that sort of thing from me. As partners we should stand on equal footing, next to one another.
    That's not very romantic! If you were in love and were forced to choose between saving your life or the life of your beloved, who would you save? Things cannot always be equal. In fact, they can rarely be equal.