User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Do you even know what Easter is actually about?
    Zombies.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

and it goes without saying that homosexuality is considered a grave sin against God by many Christian denominations

And it goes without saying that homosexuality is considered a grave sin against Ala by many Muslims.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I said nothing about Easter. I just told the people who are "Conservative" (i.e. over the top religious) to get over themselves - they no longer have the right to ban certain people / families from the festivities that we celebrate in this nation. Obama is trying to be open to all - I don't see a problem with that, and I don't see why conservatives should either, unless they're being bigots. Most Christians aren't bigots, and I'm not saying most Conservatives are either.

However, for Christians, Easter is sometimes celebrated as the day that Jesus rose from the dead after his crucifixion. However, for the rest of us, and to be honest, most Christians as well, it's about finding pastel-colored eggs hidden by a giant bunny, and a lot of candy, and going to Church on Sunday since you hadn't been since last Easter.

So my main point was that people shouldn't have a problem with it. I don't like it when people discriminate against others based on sexuality, or on any other characteristic that others cannot or should not be forced to change. I'd love it if Obama invited Muslims and Jews to an event like this, to be honest. Easter, just like every other holiday that was originally Christian, no longer belongs to just the Christians.
    I agree. Most religious people want it their way or no way at all. For most deeply religious people, there is no thinking outside the box. If anyone is unsure, just check out peguy's anal reply above.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Zombies.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I agree. Most religious people want it their way or no way at all. For most deeply religious people, there is no thinking outside the box. If anyone is unsure, just check out peguy's anal reply above.
    How tolerant a saying. Does peguys reply not go your way?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP

Plug that wicked orifice, you ass bandits. It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Halle-fucking-lujah, can you say Amen! If Jesus can’t save you, we’ll send you to Allah - He’ll straighten you out (or blow you up and put out of your sinful misery).
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Well again considering we're talking about a Christian holiday here, I think it's fair to say that Christians should have their way on this one. Just like Muslims should have their way concerning their holidays, Jews with theirs, pagans, and so on.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm just going to say straight up that I can't figure out what Peguy's stance is.

Might you sum it up?

EDIT: that last post helped, I think I got it, but you can explain anyway.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Plug that wicked orifice, you ass bandits. It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Halle-fucking-lujah, can you say Amen! If Jesus can’t save you, we’ll send you to Allah - He’ll straighten you out (or blow you up and put out of your sinful misery).

Why would God make so many things enjoyable if we weren't supposed to do them? Sex (all orifices), eating bacon and shellfish, the list goes on. . .
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Well again considering we're talking about a Christian holiday here, I think it's fair to say that Christians should have their way on this one. Just like Muslims should have their way concerning their holidays, Jews with theirs, pagans, and so on.
    Perhaps pseudoprogressive intolerence only prays on the tolerent.