User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 112

  1. #101
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    *i guess 101101 was right. a homosexual easter does have some connection with insanity*
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  2. #102
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Sunday is the day of the Lord.

    What it does entail?
    I am so ignorant.

    The local children want to play ball and swim in the nearby lake.
    The priest says no. It is the day of the Lord.

    Who is right?
    The children or the priest?
    The children are right. Why? To play and enjoy yourself is celebrate the life that God has given you, thereby glorifying his name.
    Sunday is a day of rest and relaxation, and should be treated thusly. I'm pretty sure God would have started up the BBQ and sat back with a can of beer (or at least Jesus would in our times), and invited all the homeless guys, homosexuals, prositutes, tax collectors, lawyers and bikies etc for snags and beer. He might squeeze in a few words, make a speech and got cranky at the neighbours complaining about the noise. Jesus wasn't a rules and regulations sort of guy, and he definitely attended the odd party here and there. I don't think he would have gone much for making kids sit through a boring church service.

    I'm sure I'm wrong....but I rather think much of the new Testament is rather misconstrued (I'm not touching the old testament with a barge pole.)
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #103
    Senior Member Lacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    The children are right. Why? To play and enjoy yourself is celebrate the life that God has given you, thereby glorifying his name.
    Sunday is a day of rest and relaxation, and should be treated thusly. I'm pretty sure God would have started up the BBQ and sat back with a can of beer (or at least Jesus would in our times), and invited all the homeless guys, homosexuals, prositutes, tax collectors, lawyers and bikies etc for snags and beer. He might squeeze in a few words, make a speech and got cranky at the neighbours complaining about the noise. Jesus wasn't a rules and regulations sort of guy, and he definitely attended the odd party here and there. I don't think he would have gone much for making kids sit through a boring church service.
    If I could give you rep points for this, I would.

  4. #104
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    The children are right. Why? To play and enjoy yourself is celebrate the life that God has given you, thereby glorifying his name.
    Sunday is a day of rest and relaxation, and should be treated thusly. I'm pretty sure God would have started up the BBQ and sat back with a can of beer (or at least Jesus would in our times), and invited all the homeless guys, homosexuals, prositutes, tax collectors, lawyers and bikies etc for snags and beer. He might squeeze in a few words, make a speech and got cranky at the neighbours complaining about the noise. Jesus wasn't a rules and regulations sort of guy, and he definitely attended the odd party here and there. I don't think he would have gone much for making kids sit through a boring church service.

    I'm sure I'm wrong....but I rather think much of the new Testament is rather misconstrued (I'm not touching the old testament with a barge pole.)
    A good post. You are right.

    Some churches look good on the outside. But even there, the interior is so dull and grey.
    And the boring sermons do not help at all.

  5. #105
    Senior Member Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post. You are right.

    Some churches look good on the outside. But even there, the interior is so dull and grey.
    And the boring sermons do not help at all.
    Good post indeed. What kid want's to sit through boring church services? Individuals actions say more than a church service can anyway. Heck, I GET BORED IN CHURCH SERVICES SOMETIMES. Though I rather like my pastor overall when it comes to his ability at speaking and teaching for sermons.
    - Caleb

    "I am what I need to be..."

    "Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

  6. #106
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Sin is sin. A stain is a stain. No sin is worse in regards to other sin. I believe the Bible makes that rather clear. The punishment according to the Bible is the same for all sin.
    The punishment in the Bible (depending on which of the 132 versions you think is real) for a sin, is a sin itself: Murder.
    According to a version of the Bible, it's acceptable behavior to stone to death a woman who cheated on her husband.

    Yes siree Bob, gotta love that Bible if you are into violent solutions.

    How about creating AK-47 day? If your neighbor steals your trash can,
    you can gun them down in broad daylight. That's as rational as stoning a woman.

    We should add AK-47 day to the next version of the Bible due out in 2010.
    That would be version 133 of the Bible, better known as THE Bible, suggestive of a single version.

  7. #107
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The punishment in the Bible (depending on which of the 132 versions you think is real) for a sin, is a sin itself: Murder.
    According to a version of the Bible, it's acceptable behavior to stone to death a woman who cheated on her husband.

    Yes siree Bob, gotta love that Bible if you are into violent solutions.

    How about creating AK-47 day? If your neighbor steals your trash can,
    you can gun them down in broad daylight. That's as rational as stoning a woman.

    We should add AK-47 day to the next version of the Bible due out in 2010.
    That would be version 133 of the Bible, better known as THE Bible, suggestive of a single version.

    Hey, let's not drag AK-47s into this.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #108
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Some people celebrate Easter. Others celebrate some other secular crap that happens to be on the same day as Easter.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Hey, let's not drag AK-47s into this.

    Lol.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Some people celebrate Easter. Others celebrate some other secular crap that happens to be on the same day as Easter.
    To quote Jim Gaffigan:

    "Oh, Easter.. the day Jesus rose from the dead, how do we celebrate that?"
    "HOW ABOUT EGGS?!"
    "What? I don't follow your logic..."
    "DON'T WORRY, THERE'S A BUNNY."

    Close enough, anyway.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

    Fonewearl and proud of it!

    I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Similar Threads

  1. What Hogwarts House do you belong to?
    By Eugene Watson VIII in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 01:16 PM
  2. gay mosque to open in paris
    By jcloudz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM
  3. 92-year-old shoots neighbor's house after he refuses to kiss her
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
  4. Obama Passover Seder: First Ever Held At White House
    By 01011010 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
  5. Limit families to two children?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO