First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I'm still not so sure that sodomy (I don't think that lesbians were ever denounced, proving once and for all that God is male) could theologically be considered a greater sin than "adultery," though...
    Sin is sin. A stain is a stain. No sin is worse in regards to other sin. I believe the Bible makes that rather clear. The punishment according to the Bible is the same for all sin. Only the consequences and actions as we see them currently are regarded as "better' or "worse."

The NAB is an OK translation. Rather hard to read though. I prefer NASB myself. Both are good literal translations.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Sin is sin. A stain is a stain. No sin is worse in regards to other sin. I believe the Bible makes that rather clear. The punishment according to the Bible is the same for all sin. Only the consequences and actions as we see them currently are regarded as "better' or "worse."
    So why (that is, on what theological basis) is remarriage after divorce commonly accepted within (contemporary) Christianity, while homosexuality isn't? And what is the theological basis behind the whole immortal sin doctrine within some Christian sects?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    So why (that is, on what theological basis) is remarriage after divorce commonly accepted within (contemporary) Christianity, while homosexuality isn't? And what is the theological basis behind the whole immortal sin doctrine within some Christian sects?

Because those denominations are not The One True Faith - The Western Branch of American Reform Presbylutheranism.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Do you even know what Easter is actually about?
    The fact that it's an Easter event is obviously not the point.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I have no personal issue with Christians. It's the major religion used in the U.S. to solidify claims against homosexuality. Thus, I use it in my examples.
    That really is no different than a Christian saying, "It isn't homosexuals I take issue with; it is the sin of homosexuality."

A good quote...

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."

-Daniel Boorstin

There are so many inaccuracies and contradictions in the Bible and so many historical foibles on the part of Christianity that some Christians have to dedicate immense time and energy to forming rationalizations in order to perpetuate their belief in a 2,000 year old fairy tale. That is the kind of "knowledge" that those of kind of people have dedicated their lives to acquiring because they lack the critical thinking ability necessary to suspend their belief long enough to truly evaluate it.

I don't take issue with that, I just find it really, really sad. Of course, they find me really, really sad because in their teleologically biased world, I will spend an eternity burning in a lake of fire for daring to not believe in their invisible, egotistical friend that they just usually happen to believe in because of where and when they were born.

And that is where the laughable absurdity is. If I had been born in a Peguy's shoes, then at this moment I could have been on a quest to defend my religious faith from the encroachment of "grave sins" like homosexuality and Peguy was born in my shoes then they could have been looking for a date at the local gay bar.

The only certainty I can find from this ludicrous world is that we each have our own lives to live, our own truths to derive and fight for, and our own ways to share love with one another. Some Christians choose to share their love by condemning people who follow a different truth than them. Very recently I came to the decision that I refuse to follow a childish path like that and I'm going to try my best not to condemn those who take issue with homosexuality. To borrow from that book that the Christians adore, I wish to love others as much or more as I love myself. Not so much because I think they deserve it, but because I can't think of a bigger f**k you to the Christians than loving them more than they could ever love me.

So I can respect that they will fight to protect their conception of gender roles and marriage because of their silly book. After all, we all want what we feel is best for everyone. And I'll fight for the rights I feel I deserve. Not by condemning those who oppose me, but by exposing the fault in their logic and by demonstrating why I am worthy of those rights. Even if I never win a single right, it's a battle I could never lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not gonna waste my time and enter into the debate, but all I have to say to the original post is:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I'm not gonna waste my time and enter into the debate, but all I have to say to the original post is:

+1
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INTP

The NAB is an OK translation. Rather hard to read though. I prefer NASB myself. Both are good literal translations.
    Sunday is the day of the Lord.

What it does entail?
    I am so ignorant.

The local children want to play ball and swim in the nearby lake.
    The priest says no. It is the day of the Lord.

Who is right?
    The children or the priest?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Sunday is the day of the Lord.

What it does entail?
    I am so ignorant.

The local children want to play ball and swim in the nearby lake.
    The priest says no. It is the day of the Lord.

Who is right?
    I see no contradiction.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTP

I see no contradiction.
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
    I asked who is in the right?
    It is yes or no!

You did not give me a straight answer.
    I take it you do not know.
    Admit you are ignorant of our Christian religion amd the Bible.