User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Every group that can help him in some way is important to him. He's a politician.
    That doesn't negate that the message will still be put out there. Nor does it invalidate it's importance.

  2. #22
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    That doesn't negate that the message will still be put out there. Nor does it invalidate it's importance.
    Dare I ask how this event is supposedly more important than this:


    Do you seriously believe that the customs of the Jewish people and faith have not been acknwoledged by American presidents before Obama?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Do you seriously believe that the customs of the Jewish people and faith have not been acknwoledged by American presidents before Obama?
    The message bearer often has a great impact on the message. Especially, to the average or emotionally-bent individual. It's obviously not just Jews, but many minorities and causes. Obama stands a greater chance of promoting these goals.

    Or do you deny Obama-mania exists?

  4. #24
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Fantastic 01011010, now if you don't mind could you actually answer the fricking question?

  5. #25
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    The message bearer often has a great impact on the message. Especially, to the average or emotionally-bent individual. It's obviously not just Jews, but many minorities and causes. Obama stands a greater chance of promoting these goals.

    Or do you deny Obama-mania exists?

    I don't think that Obamamania will extend to Jews, no. And I don't think that his administration is somehow friendlier to Jews than previous ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #26
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't think that Obamamania will extend to Jews, no. And I don't think that his administration is somehow friendlier to Jews than previous ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Ye of little faith in Obama.

    I still remember the programs I saw on Shalom TV discussing the various problems Obama has with the Jewish population.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't think that Obamamania will extend to Jews, no. And I don't think that his administration is somehow friendlier to Jews than previous ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    If that's true, why is this the first seder to be held at the White House? Politicians proceeding with the bare minimum, and going beyond what's expected of them are two very different circumstances.

  8. #28
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    If that's true, why is this the first seder to be held at the White House? Politicians proceeding with the bare minimum, and going beyond what's expected of them are two very different circumstances.
    Maybe because Obama received plenty of attention for supposedly having a "Jewish problem", especially with his association with the anti-semitic Reverend Wright. So Obama is going out of his way to calm whatever concerns were left from that episode.

    In the end, the fact remains you're making a big deal out of nothing. Hanukkah has been celebrated at the White House for quite some time. So again, it's not like Jewish customs were ignored by American presidents untill now. Your claim that Obama is now educating the world about the Jewish faith is beyond silly.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Maybe because Obama received plenty of attention for supposedly having a "Jewish problem", especially with his association with the anti-semitic Reverend Wright. So Obama is going out of his way to calm whatever concerns were left from that episode.


    You must believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.

    The event is friends and family only. Not a public affair for making up perceived slights.

  10. #30
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post


    You must believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.
    I'll say again: I'm not the one claiming that Obama is educating an ignorant world about the existence of the Jewish faith; or that this event is a major epoch-making event that'll shake the foundations of the world for generations to come.

    You OTOH seem to actually believe this.

Similar Threads

  1. First ever supreme court video
    By Curtis B in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 04:58 AM
  2. TypologyCentral First Ever Prom Dance Mega Event
    By LunaLuminosity in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM
  3. First ever video footage of giant squid while alive
    By netzealot in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 09:12 PM
  5. What happens when the inferior first kicks in at a young age?
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO