User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Every group that can help him in some way is important to him. He's a politician.
    That doesn't negate that the message will still be put out there. Nor does it invalidate it's importance.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    That doesn't negate that the message will still be put out there. Nor does it invalidate it's importance.
    Dare I ask how this event is supposedly more important than this:

Do you seriously believe that the customs of the Jewish people and faith have not been acknwoledged by American presidents before Obama?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Do you seriously believe that the customs of the Jewish people and faith have not been acknwoledged by American presidents before Obama?
    The message bearer often has a great impact on the message. Especially, to the average or emotionally-bent individual. It's obviously not just Jews, but many minorities and causes. Obama stands a greater chance of promoting these goals.

Or do you deny Obama-mania exists?

Sniffles

Fantastic 01011010, now if you don't mind could you actually answer the fricking question?

MBTI
    ESFJ

The message bearer often has a great impact on the message. Especially, to the average or emotionally-bent individual. It's obviously not just Jews, but many minorities and causes. Obama stands a greater chance of promoting these goals.

Or do you deny Obama-mania exists?

I don't think that Obamamania will extend to Jews, no. And I don't think that his administration is somehow friendlier to Jews than previous ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Sniffles

I don't think that Obamamania will extend to Jews, no. And I don't think that his administration is somehow friendlier to Jews than previous ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Ye of little faith in Obama.

I still remember the programs I saw on Shalom TV discussing the various problems Obama has with the Jewish population.

MBTI
    INxJ

If that's true, why is this the first seder to be held at the White House? Politicians proceeding with the bare minimum, and going beyond what's expected of them are two very different circumstances.

Sniffles

If that's true, why is this the first seder to be held at the White House? Politicians proceeding with the bare minimum, and going beyond what's expected of them are two very different circumstances.
    Maybe because Obama received plenty of attention for supposedly having a "Jewish problem", especially with his association with the anti-semitic Reverend Wright. So Obama is going out of his way to calm whatever concerns were left from that episode.

In the end, the fact remains you're making a big deal out of nothing. Hanukkah has been celebrated at the White House for quite some time. So again, it's not like Jewish customs were ignored by American presidents untill now. Your claim that Obama is now educating the world about the Jewish faith is beyond silly.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Maybe because Obama received plenty of attention for supposedly having a "Jewish problem", especially with his association with the anti-semitic Reverend Wright. So Obama is going out of his way to calm whatever concerns were left from that episode.

You must believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.

The event is friends and family only. Not a public affair for making up perceived slights.

Sniffles

You must believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.
    I'll say again: I'm not the one claiming that Obama is educating an ignorant world about the existence of the Jewish faith; or that this event is a major epoch-making event that'll shake the foundations of the world for generations to come.

You OTOH seem to actually believe this.