User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I didn't defend him, I didn't defend his conclusions, I defended the most basic facts he presented and invited you to discuss them. Would you like for me to list them out for you, since you are wholly unwilling to read the article and denying your brain a great opportunity to intelligently pick something apart on the basis of real substance?
    I would like for you to find a better source of information. If this article was credible, you would not have to search out facts.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Wow I see I will get no where trying to argue with you. I simply showed you why this article is a piece of crap. If you would like to talk about Fox then start a new topic. This thread was founded upon a pile of republican crap and I just decided to flush it this time.

I read this and see a person with fingers in ears, saying "LALALALALALALA!" You won't get anywhere arguing with me if you are going to act like that. You'll lose.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I would like for you to find a better source of information. If this article was credible, you would not have to search out facts.
    I search out facts in EVERY article I read no matter what the damn source is! :steam: I believe that is the only way you can *hope* to objectively look at a piece of information. Surely, the less reputable the source, the more fact picking and fact checking it requires.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I read this and see a person with fingers in ears, saying "LALALALALALALA!" You won't get anywhere arguing with me if you are going to act like that. You'll lose.
    What are you talking about. I posted a video displaying you the author's behavior and sheer bias. What are you not seeing here. Is there something I am missing. When I am wrong, I admit I am wrong. This is not the case here. What do I have to show you to help you come to the conclusion that this article should not be taken seriously.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I search out facts in EVERY article I read no matter what the damn source is! :steam: I believe that is the only way you can *hope* to objectively look at a piece of information. Surely, the less reputable the source, the more fact picking and fact checking it requires.
    But why would you post an article that is obviously biased and hope to have a logical discussion about it and then three pages later tell us to pick out the facts. All I am saying is to some research before you get post happy. If you can give me another article that is about the same topic from a different source, I will be happy to apologize and move on.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

But why would you post an article that is obviously biased and hope to have a logical discussion about it and then three pages later tell us to pick out the facts. All I am saying is to some research before you get post happy. If you can give me another article that is about the same topic from a different source, I will be happy to apologize and move on.
    Or, research it on your own if you want to disprove that which you have not even read .

MBTI
    ESFJ

What are you talking about. I posted a video displaying you the author's behavior and sheer bias. What are you not seeing here. Is there something I am missing. When I am wrong, I admit I am wrong. This is not the case here. What do I have to show you to help you come to the conclusion that this article should not be taken seriously.

Actually provide a valid critique of what the author is claiming. Also, please, find out what a smear is. It's infuriating reading someone using a word completely incorrectly in a discussion online.

Lasting_Pain

smear

1. To spread or daub with a sticky, greasy, or dirty substance.
    2. To apply by spreading or daubing: smeared suntan lotion on my face and arms.
    2. To stain by or as if by spreading or daubing with a sticky, greasy, or dirty substance.
    3. To stain or attempt to destroy the reputation of; vilify: political enemies who smeared his name.
    4. Slang. To defeat utterly; smash.

v.intr.

To be or become stained or dirtied.
    n.

1. A mark made by smearing; a spot or blot.
    2. A substance to be spread on a surface.
    3. Biology. A sample, as of blood or bacterial cells, spread on a slide for microscopic examination or on the surface of a culture medium.
    1. Vilification or slander.
    2. A vilifying or slanderous remark.

MBTI
    ESFJ

smear

1. To spread or daub with a sticky, greasy, or dirty substance.
    2. To apply by spreading or daubing: smeared suntan lotion on my face and arms.
    2. To stain by or as if by spreading or daubing with a sticky, greasy, or dirty substance.
    3. To stain or attempt to destroy the reputation of; vilify: political enemies who smeared his name.
    4. Slang. To defeat utterly; smash.

v.intr.

To be or become stained or dirtied.
    n.

1. A mark made by smearing; a spot or blot.
    2. A substance to be spread on a surface.
    3. Biology. A sample, as of blood or bacterial cells, spread on a slide for microscopic examination or on the surface of a culture medium.
    1. Vilification or slander.
    2. A vilifying or slanderous remark.

So where is the slanderous or unsubstantiated claim? Criticizing someone in good faith based on their actions cannot be a smear.

Lasting_Pain

Also I am done, I have realized I have violated my own rule (You should not argue over the internet). I hope you all a great night, but I am afraid after this post I am ending my responses.