Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

yep
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    yep
    *shoots self*

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    [YOUTUBE="yybxMVkTH2A"]Stuart Varney gets schooled[/YOUTUBE]

I am suppose to listen to this guy.
    I am not saying that the guy is right all the time, but the guy who graduated the London School of Economics and won a Peabody Award for financial broadcasting is a legitimate news source.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am not saying that the guy is right all the time, but the guy who graduated the London School of Economics and won a Peabody Award for financial broadcasting is a legitimate news source.
    So you are saying I should appeal to his superior intelligence....

I sense a logical fallacy........

If you do not get it, That guy with the British accent is Stuart Varney. I can't believe you are defending him.

MBTI
    ESFJ

So you are saying I should appeal to his superior intelligence....

I sense a logical fallacy........
    You don't have to appeal to anything. What I am saying is that the WSJ is a legitimate news source, and that you're being dense by dismissing what the man says before you even read it. All of which is true. I am also saying that you have no idea what "smear" means and that you shouldn't use words for which you don't know the meaning.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

More importantly, you need to be able to use critical thinking skills (I know, it takes effort for some) to be able to separate facts from opinions, from bias perspective, and from extrapolations. Realize where the core facts end and the filler begins, and take only the former if you care. Nobody has to agree on the conclusions and opinions created, but should (in the very ideal world...) be able to see where the foundational truth is and discuss issues on that level. But apparently that is asking for WAY WAY WAY too much from a good portion of people.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    More importantly, you need to be able to use critical thinking skills (I know, it takes effort for some) to be able to separate facts from opinions, from bias perspective, and from extrapolations. Realize where the core facts end and the filler begins, and take only the former if you care. Nobody has to agree on the conclusions and opinions created, but should (in the very ideal world...) be able to see where the foundational truth is.

Oh my goodness, how can you sit here and defend this guy. Even in the article he says "My Views:"

If this is what you called searching for the truth, then I am going to go deep sea diving. With optimism and support like you guys I am sure I will find something.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh my goodness, how can you sit here and defend this guy. Even in the article he says "My Views:"

If this is what you called searching for the truth, then I am going to go deep sea diving. With optimism and support like you guys I am sure I will find something.
    Whadaugota laborready staff behind you?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I didn't defend him, I didn't defend his conclusions, I defended the most basic facts he presented and invited you to discuss them. Would you like for me to list them out for you, since you are wholly unwilling to read the article, and denying your brain a great opportunity to intelligently pick something apart on the basis of real substance?

Lasting_Pain

You don't have to appeal to anything. What I am saying is that the WSJ is a legitimate news source, and that you're being dense by dismissing what the man says before you even read it. All of which is true. I am also saying that you have no idea what "smear" means and that you shouldn't use words for which you don't know the meaning.
    Wow I see I will get no where trying to argue with you. I simply showed you why this article is a piece of crap. If you would like to talk about Fox then start a new topic. This thread was founded upon a pile of republican crap and I just decided to flush it this time.