User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    So Dow Jones & Company is no longer a legitimate company? You two make giggle with your wrongness.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    This is somewhat funny, if the news doesn't swing your direction its bias here.

I regular at least 7 (cnn, reuters, bbc, msnbc, fox, ktla, pbs, Bloomberg wire, etc) different sources for news, and many other individual news sources, and Fox News isn't anything outrageous.

I find Fox news important because it will cover political stories in depth that other American news sources will only briefly mention.

I find fox news (1st best in American media, 3rd or 4th best all around) best when reporting on international topics, this is mainly due to the fact that fox news will hit stories that other American news sources will neglect all together.

After finding the story I can search foreign news sources, to further elaborate on the issue at hand.

(Reuters being my favorite source)
    What's amazing is the tenacity with which ignorance fights for its own survival. There's a reason why FOX is kicking the ass of every other news network in ratings 6 ways from Sunday, and why the big left leaning newspapers (New York Times) are on the verge of collapsing.

Anyway, back to the damn topic.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    It's amazing the tenacity with which ignorance fights for its own survival. There's a reason why FOX is kicking the ass of every other news network in ratings 6 ways from Sunday, and why the big left leaning newspapers (New York Times) are on the verge of collapsing.

Anyway, back to the damn topic.

Popularity doesn't equate to accuracy. FBN is a legitimate financial news source, however. And The Wall Street Journal certainly is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Popularity doesn't equate to accuracy. FBN is a legitimate financial news source, however. And The Wall Street Journal certainly is.
    I didn't insinuate that there was such a correlation. Rather, it shows that the public has a greater draw to other media sources, most likely because of the long proven bias that the mainstream media has perpetuated.

I also don't hear people crying out about how NBC and MSNBC are owned by the energy company GE, a company which is heavily influenced by government policies. The head of GE is even serving on one of the economic advisory boards for the president. And yet, nobody seems to even bat an eyelash. If it were Bush and his administration working so closely with the owners of news organizations, I imagine we would all be hearing more about it. I wont even go into how GE is pushing forward the "green" agenda with the government and the media outlets they own, because *insert deity* knows that the propaganda spread by the big oil companies is what really matters.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    This is somewhat funny, if the news doesn't swing your direction its bias here.

I regular at least 7 (cnn, reuters, bbc, msnbc, fox, ktla, pbs, Bloomberg wire, etc) different sources for news, and many other individual news sources, and Fox News isn't anything outrageous.

I find Fox news important because it will cover political stories in depth that other American news sources will only briefly mention.

I find fox news (1st best in American media, 3rd or 4th best all around) best when reporting on international topics, this is mainly due to the fact that fox news will hit stories that other American news sources will neglect all together.

After finding the story I can search foreign news sources, to further elaborate on the issue at hand.

(Reuters being my favorite source)

Edit:

To Risen,

I'll keep an eye out for further information on the topic, to verify such.
    What direction are you talking about. I am simply discrediting the author. What are you getting at. I never said anywhere in this thread, that I was a democrat and that I despise anything from the right. I am simply saying that this information is biased, and it should be taken with a grain of salt. Come back with a source that is respectable and almost unbiased (it can be leaning) and then I would offer my comments.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I didn't insinuate that there was such a correlation. Rather, it shows that the public has a greater draw to other media sources, most likely because of the long proven bias that the mainstream media has perpetuated.

And people should have a right to access media with any bias they like. Still, you don't make the other news sources more objective by being biased yourself.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What direction are you talking about. I am simply discrediting the author. What are you getting at. I never said anywhere in this thread, that I was a democrat and that I despise anything from the right. I am simply saying that this information is biased, and it should be taken with a grain of salt. Come back with a source that is respectable and almost unbiased (it can be leaning) and then I would offer my comments.
    You don't want to entertain the thought that you're wrong and that WSJ is a legitimate news source on financial and political matters. That is clear bias on your part.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

my response was to "zero credability"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Edited post above.

Lasting_Pain

[YOUTUBE="yybxMVkTH2A"]Stuart Varney gets schooled[/YOUTUBE]

I am suppose to listen to this guy.