User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Default North Korean Missile Launch, Ahead of Schedule and Right Over Japan

For those who are aware, N Korea shot a long range missile before the expected date, and worse off, the missile went over Japan. It was said to be shooting a satellite though, though some reports mention otherwise.

This is a direct violation of the UN Security Counsel.

Neither the US nor any other country took any action against the missile while it was over Japan.

Currently Obama doesn't want any conflict, and believes a scolding from the UN is in order.

On topic
    U.N. divided over North Korea rocket launch | International | Reuters
    North Korea fires rocket over Tohoku | The Japan Times Online
    Jittery Japan jumps gun on blastoff | The Japan Times Online
    Ministry unsure U.S. early-warning satellite will be able to detect North rocket launch | The Japan Times Online

Pre launch articles
    North Korea Announces Plans for 'Satellite' Launch
    U.S. commanders say ready for N.Korea missile | International | Reuters
    North Korean guards detain US journalists near border with China | World news | guardian.co.uk
    FOXNews.com - N. Korea: U.S. Must Cancel Military Drill With South - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
    FOXNews.com - North Korea to 'Test Missile Capable of Striking U.S.' - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
    VOA News - US Seeks to 'Head Off' North Korean Missile Test
    washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
    BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | N Korea warning over 'satellite'
    AFP: Clinton says NKorean disarmament stalled

(covers threats against US annual military drills with S Korea, kidnapped journalists, the range of the missile, warnings of war, etc)

Its a lot of info, covering tensions before hand and thoughts of the launch.

Here is an interesting piece I thought I should separate though.

Rasmussen Reports

According to the article a majority of Americans are willing to use military force, to neutralize the North Korean missile system.

Thoughts on the situation, thoughts on accuracy of the articles, thoughts in general.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Haha, I'd violate a U.N. Security Council resolution, with gusto, that's how harmless they are.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Haha, I'd violate a U.N. Security Council resolution, with gusto, that's how harmless they are.
    UN: Hey stop that, I'll wave my finger at you again, I'll yell louder and, and, with a straight face if I must.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

North Korea has a massive amount of artilery aimed every dang direction there is. Possibly even at china at the rate they're goin. The key is to know just exactly where their line in the sand is as far as using all that artilery. I'd even venture to say South Korea, Japan, us and whoever else could get away with psych ops. Leaflets, radio transmission intercept and manipulation ect. I believe their leadership is more fragile than popular opinion calculates. I also think a few other countries are going to take advantage of this great opportunity of world financial insecurety. I don't think that bombing them would be all that good an idea. Because after all, we'd just be bombing a big joke. A bit overkill. I agree that leadership has to go. They're wearin me out. We know they've got a nuke. It's all in were that fine line is. I think it's deeper than we think.

Side note. kim jong il-ENTJ. But yet he does dress stylish in his own head-ESTJ
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    North Korea has a massive amount of artilery aimed every dang direction there is. Possibly even at china at the rate they're goin. The key is to know just exactly where their line in the sand is as far as using all that artilery. I'd even venture to say South Korea, Japan, us and whoever else could get away with psych ops. Leaflets, radio transmission intercept and manipulation ect. I believe their leadership is more fragile than popular opinion calculates. I also think a few other countries are going to take advantage of this great opportunity of world financial insecurety. I don't think that bombing them would be all that good an idea. Because after all, we'd just be bombing a big joke. A bit overkill. I agree that leadership has to go. They're wearin me out. We know they've got a nuke. It's all in were that fine line is. I think it's deeper than we think.

Side note. kim jong il-ENTJ. But yet he does dress stylish in his own mind-ESTJ
    I'd say the biggest threat would be the short window of opportunity to block an incoming missile if it was aimed at Japan.

As for the appropriate course of action, I agree there are more effective methods than bombing, though the situation as it stands now is interesting to say the least.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

The UN is the "popular opinion calculator" God forbid we get out of their box. If we did we might avoid a bomb exchange or somethin. They're nuts aren't they.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    ...According to the article a majority of Americans are willing to use military force, to neutralize the North Korean missile system.

Thoughts on the situation, thoughts on accuracy of the articles, thoughts in general.
    North Korea basically is using the threat of nuclear weapons and the like as a barging chip to feed their country. Effectively, North Kora has bet all it's chips on two things; firstly, China will protect it with it's United Nations Security Council veto, partly to annoy America and partly because they don't want no war in their backyard. Secondly America is so exhausted financial and military it can't do anything at this point even if it wanted to.

The worry thing is the bet is a guaranteed win. One has to remember China is the biggest sponsor of rogue regimes in the world; the likes of Myanmar, Angola, Zimbabwe, Iran, Uzbekistan, and Sudan all have China to thank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

The UN is the "popular opinion calculator" God forbid we get out of their box. If we did we might avoid a bomb exchange or somethin. They're nuts aren't they.
    The UN only does one thing right, they do help organized aide for natural disasters, besides that nothing else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't think il gives a rats ass about feeding people. Or he would have backed down and got'em some food. We also wouldn't be footmobile in that one. Last i figured our subs, ships and carriers haven't rusted out yet.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    North Korea basically is using the threat of nuclear weapons and the like as a barging chip to feed their country. Effectively, North Kora has bet all it's chips on two things; firstly, China will protect it with it's United Nations Security Council veto, partly to annoy America and partly because they don't want no war in their backyard. Secondly America is so exhausted financial and military it can't do anything at this point even if it wanted to.

The worry thing is the bet is a guaranteed win. One has to remember China is the biggest sponsor of rogue regimes in the world; the likes of Myanmar, Angola, Zimbabwe, Iran, and Sudan all have China to thank.
    True on most if not all acounts, I've been watching this (among other things) for a while now. I'm curious on how this is going to end up.

Edit:

I don't think il gives a rats ass about feeding people. Or he would have backed down and got'em some food. We also wouldn't be footmobile in that one. Last i figured our subs, ships and carriers haven't rusted out yet.
    I believe heavy isolation and intelligence should be implemented against N. Korea.

With emergencies, I was talking about aide given to flood victums in India, earthquakes in China, etc.