First 12

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Imo as soon as bombs started flyin there would be a pretty big coalition of the willing. I think china might even join South Korea. Or they'ed never get their money back from us. Or the interest on it either. And the un knows it.

Still. Gotta find that line in the sand. My N thinks their leadership is a bit of a pushover. Nobody's pushed very hard. When a bully talks tough, then you confront them with psychology, do they not stallout? It's because they're dumb and they're overthinkin it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    True on most if not all acounts, I've been watching this (among other things) for a while now. I'm curious on how this is going to end up.

Edit:

I believe heavy isolation and intelligence should be implemented against N. Korea.

With emergencies, I was talking about aide given to flood victums in India, earthquakes in China, etc.
    I agree about the UN. Your idea is good. You're J'n out on me.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Imo as soon as bombs started flyin there would be a pretty big coalition of the willing. I think china might even join South Korea. Or they'ed never get their money back from us. Or the interest on it either. And the un knows it.

Still. Gotta find that line in the sand. My N thinks their leadership is a bit of a pushover. Nobody's pushed very hard. When a bully talks tough, then you confront them with psychology, do they not stallout? It's because they're dumb and they're overthinkin it.
    I also believe the Munich analogy suits this situation as well, and there is no way China can openly support N. Korea. Though we are responsbile for the safety of Japan (since we did place military restrictions on them), and the damage would be fast, massive, and lasting if K. Korea attacked, even if we retaliated, the damage would be done.

I'm also sure that China will try to neutralize the situation in some manner.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    I believe heavy isolation and intelligence should be implemented against N. Korea.

It is already the most isolated country in the world.

Imo as soon as bombs started flyin there would be a pretty big coalition of the willing. I think china might even join South Korea. Or they'ed never get their money back from us. Or the interest on it either. And the un knowes it.

I don't think il gives a rats ass about feeding people. Or he would have backed down and got'em some food. We also wouldn't be footmobile in that one. Last i figured our subs, ships and carriers haven't rusted out yet.
    When it comes to geopolitics you seem rather naive.

One has to remember, America is drawing to the Taliban currently at best despite the fact America dropped a load of bombs on Afghanistan; so what good did dropping bombs do for regime change in Afghanistan? Is it any wonder Kim Jong-il is not scared of the America if they even struggle against the Taliban?

As for your comment about the North Korean government not caring about feeding their people: it is partly true as they only really care for selfish reasons. North Korea's weapons for food policy is popular with North Koreans for two reasons. Firstly, anyone who is the thorn in the side of Japan is guaranteed god-like status. Secondly, people actually like to eat each day hence they are less likely to rebel if their government bribe the western world into giving them food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Imo. I'll bet the chineese are laughin their asses off right now. They do have alot to do with N Koreas missle technology. I'll bet they rigged it to go kuput. They already knew oboma wouldn't shoot it down. Connecting the dots?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post

It is already the most isolated country in the world.

When it comes to geopolitics you seem rather naive.

One has to remember, America is drawing to the Taliban currently at best despite the fact America dropped a load of bombs on Afghanistan; so what good did dropping bombs do for regime change in Afghanistan? Is it any wonder Kim Jong-il is not scared of the America if they even struggle against the Taliban?

As for you comment about the North Koran not caring feeding their people: it is partly true as they only really care for selfish reasons.

North Korea's weapons for food policy is popular with North Koreans for two reasons.Firstly, anyone who is the thorn in the side of Japan is guaranteed god-like status. Secondly, people actually like to eat each day hence they are less likely to rebel if their government bribe the western world into giving them food.
    Giving in to such demands would be foolhardy at best, an extremely bad precedent to set. Threaten the world, get free food for demilitarizing? Nay, I agree bombing them isn't the best idea but giving in to threats isn't going to stop other countries from imitating such actions either.

Also the Taliban are harder because they are not a government, while N. Korea operates through their government. The comparison isnít as close as you might think.

Edit:

Imo. I'll bet the chineese are laughin their asses off right now. They do have alot to do with N Koreas missle technology. I'll bet they rigged it to go kuput. They already knew oboma wouldn't shoot it down. Connecting the dots?
    China will gain the most by keeping peace and by establishing themselves as the dominate force in Asia, I'm pretty sure they don't want to hurt their pet, but I am also equally sure that China wants to keep their ideal sector stable.

MBTI
    ENTP

Iím so worried about N Korea saber rattling with their big bad missile. Now theyíre a super power, right? Worry about real dangers. Like Pakistanís nukes for example. If Al Queda gets a hold of a nuke (assuming they havenít already), you wonít have to look any further than Pakistan to know where they got it.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    Ėarthur rimbaud

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

According to the article a majority of Americans are willing to use military force, to neutralize the North Korean missile system.
    Good for them, but that's not a prudent course of action at this juncture.
    Go to sleep, iguana.