First 8910

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    To the post about the separate elements of marriage? I didn't really have anything to add to that. Pretty much all you said seemed like pretty obvious to me.

You're probly mistaken about me being smart, though. Because it also seems obvious to me that marriage involves a man and a woman.
    Even if "marriage" means something totally unrelated to the traditional definition, in this case?

They're not asking for God's approval. Really, from a religious perspective, they're not asking to get married at all. They just want a separate and distinct legal agreement which the state happens to have (unfortunately) given the same name. Those of faith should know that the state has no power to grant legitimate marriages in the eyes of God anyway, right? You need a religious ceremony for that.

If I were a religious man, I wouldn't consider this legal union to actually be "marriage" at all, whether it's a man and a woman or two men or two women. If God doesn't recognize this union, it's not really marriage anyway, is it? So why insist that we hold it to a religious standard of one man+one woman?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That seems somewhat naive to me. There are a ton of homosexual political activists who would love nothing more than to destroy the religious institutions, and see this as a way to do so under the guise of "extending human rights." They see religion, especially Christianity, as an evil boogeyman that won't let them do what they want to do and has hurt them and their friends for a long time, and must be destroyed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the majority of people in homosexual relationships feel that way, but a lot of those who are political activists do.

Oh, and also, I believe in most states, it's already legal to enter into a property-sharing contract of some sort, so if that was all that was trying to be achieved, it would almost be a moot issue.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Oh, and also, I believe in most states, it's already legal to enter into a property-sharing contract of some sort, so if that was all that was trying to be achieved, it would almost be a moot issue.
    Obviously if those available were equal, this would not be an issue at all. "A property-sharing contract of some sort" does not guarantee equal rights to those of straight people who reap the governmental benefits of civil "marriage."

So why should straight people be given their own special property-sharing contract from which gays are excluded?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE