User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 375

  1. #351
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Nope, that was just a laundry accident. It appeared that red shirt wasn't as colorfast as was advertised on the label.:steam:

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "I never thought you'd be a pinko because communism's so passe!"
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  2. #352
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Re: this thread. Does anyone, on either side, truly believe that the people on the opposing side to them want anything different? Does the OP think that people who self-identify as Republicans *want* a chaotic, unhappy society where most of the citizens scrabble about for scraps? Why is it so difficult to accept that the people on the other side generally want the same things you do (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness for themselves and others, basically)?

    I know not everyone is like this - in fact not many, but I do know people who are on the extremes of both sides who truly believe that those with opposing views are *bad* people, who want unhappiness and suffering for others.

    What would the OP accept as a reply?

    "Yes, I am a Republican. I hate children and fluffy animals and support the torture of both." ?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  3. #353
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    I thought this picture was perfect.


  4. #354
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Re: this thread. Does anyone, on either side, truly believe that the people on the opposing side to them want anything different? Does the OP think that people who self-identify as Republicans *want* a chaotic, unhappy society where most of the citizens scrabble about for scraps? Why is it so difficult to accept that the people on the other side generally want the same things you do (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness for themselves and others, basically)?

    I know not everyone is like this - in fact not many, but I do know people who are on the extremes of both sides who truly believe that those with opposing views are *bad* people, who want unhappiness and suffering for others.

    What would the OP accept as a reply?

    "Yes, I am a Republican. I hate children and fluffy animals and support the torture of both." ?
    While some might really believe Republicans to be bad people in general, a more popular notion is that they tend to be more ignorant, close-minded, irrational, and sometimes anti-intellectual and anti-science.

    I don't think conservatives are bad for choosing that ideology, a lot of the time they grew up into it and it's all they know.

  5. #355
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    While some might really believe Republicans to be bad people in general, a more popular notion is that they tend to be more ignorant, close-minded, irrational, and sometimes anti-intellectual and anti-science.

    I don't think conservatives are bad for choosing that ideology, a lot of the time they grew up into it and it's all they know.
    If I were to act like you and broad brush everyone, I'd say that liberal democrats are like goldfish. They can only remember history to about 10 minutes in the past, which often makes them look much more ignorant than they really are. Or are they?

    Again, just following your your methods...

  6. #356
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Leave the broad brush painting to me. It just doesn't work when you do it.

  7. #357
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Leave the broad brush painting to me. It just doesn't work when you do it.

    No, you both sound like a couple of tards right now.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #358
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, you both sound like a couple of tards right now.
    Lighten up.

  9. #359
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lighten up.
    I am always light. You have no sense of humor.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #360
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am always light. You have no sense of humor.
    Lighten up.

Similar Threads

  1. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  2. Religion... why?
    By wyrdsister in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  3. Why I am here
    By HilbertSpace in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  4. Why?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO