User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

heart on fire

Tribalism is generally thought of as primitive communism based on kin-selective altruism. But tribal people don't tend to think of land as property owned by anyone, government or private persons.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Tribalism is generally thought of as primitive communism based on kin-selective altruism. But tribal people don't tend to think of land as property owned by anyone, government or private persons.
    lol, you did good if you got me to conset, kudos to you.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Contrast the definitions of commune and communism. Then compound that with the origin of the prefix ism. Ism usually referes to a negative conotation. So as the symbol commune evolved into communism suggests that the ism is when an entity instead of nature imposses the idea on nature. I don't know?

Good thing it's late and all the Reps and Dems are asleep or i'd be hearin it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    But this was based on tax returns. These are quantifiable figures based on what people put on credit/debit cards or for which they wrote checks. We aren't talking about $5 in the collection plate or change for the kids trying to get football uniforms. What is your point?
    What is your point?

You gave me the link. It is your link. Did you read it?
    Look at the picture at the front page of the link you gave me.
    Is that a credit card or a check you see in the picture?

I see money. Does Alzheimer's twist my eyes already?
    Where it is stated these are figures based on what you say?
    Wise me. Tell me the exact location in the link. Thank you.

Anyway, it is hardly the point. What your point is, I do not get it.
    My point is that Sioux Falls and San Francisco do not match.
    For reasons I already stated in my post.
    It does not even matter how you pay in a Sioux Falls.
    A Stepford is a thing apart.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

I'm not challenging what we already established, that being communisms current definition.

Hear this though,

Claim: communism and marxism were at one time the same.

Explained:

Communism wasn't a word/term that was around, it wasn't "invented" back then. It was an idea in western europe, it wasn't solid till marx gave it life. At this period of time communism is marxism in all but name (marx didn't name the idea after himself), after the fall of marx, other regimes started abusing communism, so much so that this is what gave rise to the division (stalinist, maoist, marxist, etc).

And at this point marxism was developed, and communism was redefined.

Basically communism came into being through marx defined by the communist manifesto, after marx's death, only then did the term marxism come into being.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I don't get it either. This country has a very skewed way of dealing with problems. But I can say that most things we are doing now are just not working. As I stated before, Republicans demonize personal freedoms - making victimless "crimes" punishable, leaving all those children without fathers, and then getting upset when we have to help the mothers financially. Democrats demonize personal responsibility - making it seem like anyone who asks for anything should automatically get it with no strings attached. Of course, this is a very simplistic view of my humble opinion but you get the point.

Democracy: 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. But we're a republic anyway, not a democracy, thank goodness!
    A good post. But sad.

Politicians are not streetwise.
    If they were, we'd have a lot less street problems.
    The law givers grew up under the elms, in the suburbs.
    Little they know.

I admit it is not different in Europe.
    Our two cultures contrast even more.

It is ironic you have old money in America.
    Here it was washed away in the beginning of the 19th Century.

Another irony: We Europeans blame America for the economic collapse.
    Nobody reads history any more.

The third irony: The investor wants a return for his money ahead of the natural growth.
    The value of the stock is for the moment only.

The interest of the company does not match the interest of the owner of the company any more.

A fatal side track.
    Interest does not divide.

Wolves need sheep.
    Sheep do not need wolves.

Sheep vote.
    Wolves get elected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Not really. I don't know why anyone with empathy for other humans would be. Truly, I don't.
    In this case, your Te is indebted.

Human behavior is guided by three motives: profit, altruism and power. Each is realized via three institutions. The most prominent people in the free marketplace act according to the first; those in philanthropic organizations, the second; those who constitute the state, the third. No one with any physical, personal experience of these institutions can reasonably believe otherwise. That is the difference: experience, not conceptions.

Get inside city hall, or the county board of what-have-you; then tour local and regional charities. You will invert your question: how could anyone with empathy for other human beings commit wealth and authority over to the government for the purposes of good will?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I think this is a little exaggerated. Maybe increasing numbers of people are doing so, but not "many," unless I haven't been paying attention (possible).
    That's probably true--then again, I have this subconscious pull toward being nice to you, because your avatar evokes sweet childhood memories.

(btw off topic but...Doug=INFP?)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What is your point?

You gave me the link. It is your link. Did you read it?
    Look at the picture at the front page of the link you gave me.
    Is that a credit card or a check you see in the picture?

I see money. Does Alzheimer's twist my eyes already?
    Where it is stated these are figures based on what you say?
    Wise me. Tell me the exact location in the link. Thank you.

Anyway, it is hardly the point. What your point is, I do not get it.
    My point is that Sioux Falls and San Francisco do not match.
    For reasons I already stated in my post.
    It does not even matter how you pay in a Sioux Falls.
    A Stepford is a thing apart.

Similar results were reached in this study.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    In this case, your Te is indebted.

Human behavior is guided by three motives: profit, altruism and power. Each is realized via three institutions. The most prominent people in the free marketplace act according to the first; those in philanthropic organizations, the second; those who constitute the state, the third. No one with any physical, personal experience of these institutions can reasonably believe otherwise. That is the difference: experience, not conceptions.

Get inside city hall, or the county board of what-have-you; then tour local and regional charities. You will invert your question: how could anyone with empathy for other human beings commit wealth and authority over to the government for the purposes of good will?
    Being forced to give to others is not charity. People who are forced to give to others don't have to give a damn about the people they are being forced to help. People build character and learn by making their own decisions. Government stepping in to make decisions for you does not aid in that growth. A society with no emphasis on choosing to help your neighbor, but rather allowing the government to handle it all, is a degraded society.