User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Every country you name has a very robust private sector with transnational corporations.
    And? I never said they were communist. Mixed markets FTW.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    And? I never said they were communist. Mixed markets FTW.

Not that mixed. They have generous welfare states, but their governments don't involve themselves in their economies nearly so much (usually, things like telecoms and maybe natural resources). And the standard of living of someone like myself (a middle-class, suburban East Coaster growing up) is unmatched throughout the world.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

http://travel.utah.gov/research_and_...candinavia.pdf

And they also aren't as restricted to exploit those resources. You're idea does have merit. However, the Scands can differentiate common sense by employing some republican ideas into their idiology. Don't expect them to incorporate carbon trade anytime soon.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Undoubtedly.

But why?

(Admittedly, my Te's being contentious...)
    Your Te isn't being contentious, I think we are aware of this by now. I've not only explained my reasons for not being a democrat, I've explained my reasons for not being a libertarian.

Also you have pages of why people vote republican, and you have even more pages of people explaining more in depth why they believe so.

No one is telling you specificly to believe in the parties platform, but the reasons why people vote republican should be obvioius by now.

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    Your Te isn't being contentious, I think we are aware of this by now. I've not only explained my reasons for not being a democrat, I've explained my reasons for not being a libertarian.

Also you have pages of why people vote republican, and you have even more pages of people explaining more in depth why they believe so.

No one is telling you specificly to believe in the parties platform, but the reasons why people vote republican should be obvioius by now.
    Not really. I don't know why anyone with empathy for other humans would be. Truly, I don't.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Not really. I don't know why anyone with empathy for other humans would be. Truly, I don't.
    Then truly your Te isn't what's bothering you, its your Fi/Fe, as your moral code (personal values) doesn't fit into the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    Then truly your Te isn't what's bothering you, its your Fi/Fe, as your moral code (personal values) doesn't fit into the Republican party.
    Probably right.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Including those with empathy for humans in the womb? Republicans have had a pro-life plank in their platform since 1980, and the Democrats have one supporting abortion. That is a big reason why many people have voted Republican right there.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Including those with empathy for humans in the womb? Republicans have had a pro-life plank in their platform since 1980, and the Democrats have one supporting abortion. That is a big reason why many people have voted Republican right there.
    Oh Jeffster, I hate to butt heads with one of my favorite ISFPs on here, BUT...
    I will.

The thing is, I'm not "into" abortion. The reason I believe allowing abortion to be legal is necessary is that people have always done it regardless, when it was illegal, especially people with money and connections, in back-alley doctor situations that often led to death or serious injury.

I would not consider an abortion myself, personally.

But since it is something that happens regardless, and a law opposing it only makes conditions worse, it is reasonable to allow it under properly supervised conditions.

Also, if abortion ought to be illegal, why is war acceptable (especially the last ones started illegally)? Thousands (or more) of innocents are killed via war all the time, perpetuated often by those in our own government. So why do those so often anti-abortion support war? It's confusing to me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Oh Jeffster, I hate to butt heads with one of my favorite ISFPs on here, BUT...
    I will.

The thing is, I'm not "into" abortion. The reason I believe allowing abortion to be legal is necessary is that people have always done it regardless, when it was illegal, especially people with money and connections, in back-alley doctor situations that often led to death or serious injury.

I would not consider an abortion myself, personally.

But since it is something that happens regardless, and a law opposing it only makes conditions worse, it is reasonable to allow it under properly supervised conditions.

Also, if abortion ought to be illegal, why is war acceptable (especially the last ones started illegally)? Thousands (or more) of innocents are killed via war all the time, perpetuated often by those in our own government. So why do those so often anti-abortion support war? It's confusing to me.
    Are you talking about wars in general or are you trying to placate all wars like the conflict in Iraq? Though if I were required to compose an emotional argument here, Iraq is now a more free place, with a democracy in place (meaning the people are responsible for their government now), and that life out from under a dictator is life much more appreciated. Such is a reponse I would imagine you would get.

As for war in general, some wars do need to be fought, that is obvious.