User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 375

  1. #231
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Undoubtedly.

    But why?

    (Admittedly, my Te's being contentious...)

    Why do you believe in social democracy?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Why do you believe in social democracy?
    Because I believe in the best for all of society and a voice for as many as possible, in addition to progress.

  3. #233
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Because I believe in the best for all of society and a voice for as many as possible, in addition to progress.

    That's the peacock reason. Why do you think that social democratic policies would be best for society? I would argue that they would make things worse, because they lead to inflexible labor markets, slow economic growth, and an erosion of personal liberty in favor of government control. How would you rebut that?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #234
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That's the peacock reason. Why do you think that social democratic policies would be best for society? I would argue that they would make things worse, because they lead to inflexible labor markets, slow economic growth, and an erosion of personal liberty in favor of government control. How would you rebut that?
    They also lead to high quality-of-life, especially in Northern Europe.

  5. #235
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Take another look.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  6. #236

  7. #237
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default


    Nothing is learned from that. Ireland and Switzerland have smaller welfare states and are at the top of the list. And Singapore is ahead of the United States and Canada. Would you rather live in Singapore than the U.S. or Canada? You need a lot more evidence than a list that doesn't prove your point in any way, shape, or form.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #238
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    AEGiS-AP: AIDS Peaking In Europe Strange how they never reported per-capita. Is it stablizing because the population is stagnating?

    Yet again, stain is crappin up the Republican? Why? thread. My appologies folks.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  9. #239
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Nothing is learned from that. Ireland and Switzerland have smaller welfare states and are at the top of the list. And Singapore is ahead of the United States and Canada. Would you rather live in Singapore than the U.S. or Canada? You need a lot more evidence than a list that doesn't prove your point in any way, shape, or form.
    Almost half of the top 10 ten is Scandinavia. There's a correlation, and of course a welfare state is going to contribute to well-being.

  10. #240
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Almost half of the top 10 ten is Scandinavia. There's a correlation, and of course a welfare state is going to contribute to well-being.
    Iceland has a minimal welfare state, too. That list doesn't provide the information that you are claiming it does. Every country you name has a very robust private sector with transnational corporations. You cannot prove what you are claiming.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  2. Religion... why?
    By wyrdsister in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  3. Why I am here
    By HilbertSpace in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
  4. Why?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO