User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

if you all would like to see a microcosm of what the current administration is going to turn the country into... look no further than California. California has already done or tried MANY of the progressive things that Pelosi and Ried want the entire country to do. California is a shadow of its former self and people, business are fleeing in droves. Add to this that the CA government is bankrupt....

Virtually throughout its history, and certainly in the 20th century, California has been known as the place to go for dynamism and growth. It did not become the richest, most populous, and most productive state solely because of its weather and natural resources.

So it takes a lot to turn California around from growth to contraction, from people moving into the state to a net exodus from the state, from business moving into California to businesses leaving California.

It takes some doing.

California’s Democratic legislature has been more or less able to do whatever it wants with California. The Wall Street Journal has described the result:

“The Golden State -- which a decade ago was the booming technology capital of the world -- has been done in by two decades of chronic overspending, overregulating and a hyperprogressive tax code.…”

One might argue that’s this is a politically biased assessment. So here are some facts, not assessments:

* California’s state expenditures grew from $104 billion in 2003 to $145 billion in 2008.
    * California has the worst credit rating in the nation.
    * California has the fourth highest unemployment rate in the nation, 9.3 percent -- higher even than the car manufacturing state of Michigan.
    * California has the second highest home foreclosure rate.
    * California’s tax-paying middle class is leaving the state. California’s net loss last year in state-to-state migration exceeded every other state's. New York, another Left-run state, was second.
    * Since 2000, California’s job growth rate -- which in the late 1970s was many times higher than the national average -- has lagged behind the national average by almost 20 percent.
    * California has lost 25 percent of its industrial work force since 2001.

Joel Kotkin, one of the leading observers of urban America, the presidential fellow in urban futures at Chapman University, recently wrote an essay on California, “Sundown for California.” He begins with these words:

“Twenty-five years ago, along with another young journalist, I co-authored a book called “California, Inc.” about our adopted home state. The book described ‘California’s rise to economic, political, and cultural ascendancy’...But today our Golden State appears headed, if not for imminent disaster, then toward an unanticipated, maddening, and largely unnecessary mediocrity.”

That is what left-wing policies have done to California. In Kotkin’s words, “the state legislature decided to spend its money on public employees and impose ever more regulatory burdens on business.”

Last week, Intel, the world’s largest maker of computer chips, announced that it would invest $7 billion to expand its facilities. Where? In Arizona, Oregon, and New Mexico. But not in California, the state in which Intel is headquartered.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Please click on Nanosolar - Articles and then click under San Jose Mercury News. Exactly. Then click GridPoint: Optimizing Electrical Grid Management Go ahead. Investigate alittle. Then click eSolar: Utility-Scale Solar Power Investigate further. Go ahead.

a few questions. Who funded them? Who was bailed out? Then who will soon make their decisions? Were is a good chunk of stimulus (our) money going? Perhaps the majority in congress and the administration already know Cali is fucked? In other words, all this stuff HAS to work. And HAS to work somethin fast and furious. If not by force. Perhaps carbon sharing helps Force this Other investment?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    These are my thoughts exactly.

I support legalization because the goal is to keep hardcore addictive drugs off the streets, and I don't think pot should be in the same category as, say, heroine or meth. The harsher drugs just don't compare to the softer ones, I think it should be similar to alcohol regulation, have to be a certain age, have to be 8 hours sober before work, can't drive, etc.

But what I don't support is saying "What about the kid?" Yeah, the kid's situation sucks. His parents should follow the law, whether they agree with it or not, for their kid's sake instead of being selfish pricks and smoking and getting caught for it. Like I said before, I don't support the government being kind and welcoming to people who aren't being good citizens. Enforce the law, and protect the citizens, but don't think the government is a babysitter or that you should rely on safety net laws so that you can take advantage of the kindness of the net for your selfish actions.

That's like telling a married couple to stay together for the kid's sake.
    I agree with your train of thought, but I think all drugs, prostitution and vices should be legal. Therefore, the government can make tax dollars from people who wouldn't ordinarily pay taxes for all the welfare that they are receiving. Also, these industries would be better regulated for safety. In addition, if someone wants to mess up their own body with plastic surgery, drugs, steroids, tattoos, or whatever, that is their own decision. The government's rights end where my body begins.

I could go one step further and suggest that only a flat fair tax on consumption be instituted, along with a very modest payroll tax to cover federal infrastructure. That way, you are only taxed on new goods that you buy, not money that you earn, and definitely not on used products which have already been taxed. The wealthiest people will still pay the highest taxes based on their consumption of new goods and even illegal immigrants would be paying into the federal system every time they buy a piece of gum. But that is truly my own personal utopia...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Please click HR 45 - GovTrack.us Wiki It was dead on arrival. Then why was it introduced? Going ahead in the future 1 1/2 yrs. You are a constituant of a democrat in congress. You are upset at she/he. Then, in hindsight, you remember the vote they cast on HR 45 opposing it. And perhaps that comforts you and that HR 45 vote can council out other crappy votes. Connecting the dots yet?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Please click HR 45 - GovTrack.us Wiki It was dead on arrival. Then why was it introduced? Going ahead in the future 1 1/2 yrs. You are a constituant of a democrat in congress. You are upset at she/he. Then, in hindsight, you remember the vote they cast on HR 45 opposing it. And perhaps that comforts you and that HR 45 vote can council out other crappy votes. Connecting the dots yet?
    Yes, my dots are connected. But what are you suggesting that we do as ordinary citizens? Is there an action plan?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, my dots are connected. But what are you suggesting that we do as ordinary citizens? Is there an action plan?
    Keep that battery on your shoulder. When both "clean energy" and "coal, nuke, natural gas, ect" are ran by the govt via carbon trade and one getting that (good times) feeling by voting in the incumbant due to being dupped by the HR45 no vote good confidence manipulation tactic, you may need that battery. I plan on using it to keep the house warm. When the time comes i need it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm already living off the grid. I power my apartment with wind and solar energy. It was actually surprisingly simple once I figured out the logistics of energy storage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm already living off the grid. I power my apartment with wind and solar energy. It was actually surprisingly simple once I figured out the logistics of energy storage.
    It sure would'a been nice if my (17,000$) peice of the stimulus could have been used to buy Me some nice diggs like you got. Assuming i live 50 more years to pay it off. If not, my (5,400$) chunk only gets me the wind and temperatures. Maybe i could buy that new gadget that uses wind to regulate temperature.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, I don't think I spent more than $500 total for the whole thing that I built, but it depends on how many kW you'll be using. I can send you the plans, if you want. If you arrange for your local electricity supplier to store your energy for you, you would actually receive a check from them every month. Obviously, the sun provides you with more energy than we need and if they store it for you, they get to keep and use the excess - in which case, they pay you for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, I don't think I spent more than $500 total for the whole thing that I built, but it depends on how many kW you'll be using. I can send you the plans, if you want. If you arrange for your local electricity supplier to store your energy for you, you would actually receive a check from them every month. Obviously, the sun provides you with more energy than we need and if they store it for you, they get to keep and use the excess - in which case, they pay you for it.
    I never heard of this. What tangible piece of gadgetry collects the energy?