User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

I find that everyone has a different definition of what neoconservatives stand for to help justify their own beliefs, for or against.

Anyways what I believe the greater issue to be is that people judge ideologies on an individual level, this goes two ways, outward and inward projection.

Inward projection which I believe has already been discussed which is selfishness, what's best for me.

Outward projection is picking one or few individuals and claim that is the fruit of the ideology, Obama is a liberal, that's how liberals operate (for good or bad intent).

I like to believe I vote the way I vote because it would benefit society the most for the longest duration.

I vote republican for several reasons, whether you believe the party leaders actually follow such or not, the Republican Party beliefs fit my ideals best.

1) Tough on crime

2) Self reliance

3) Family values

4) Strong capitalism

5) Strong defenses

I'm also a realists (not saying my ideas are more realistic than yours, its an actually ideology and with certain specific views and beliefs), and I find them best matched within the Republican Party.
    Last edited by cogdecree; 04-03-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Sniffles

Late 2000-2002 was a time I could've been considered a fellow traveler of the Republicans of sorts, in spite the great irony of such considering my perspectives at the time. After 9/11 and especially the lead-up to the war in Iraq was when I burned any and all bridges to the Republicans.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

So maybe I missed it, but are there any actual Republicans here? Have the Democrats and liberals succeeded in making the word "Republican" completely derogatory?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think Democrat is just as derogatory, if that helps

I'm one of those lame independent people.. Conservative ideals fit me, but the republican party's actions don't always fit the ideals they're suppose to represent. I have voted republican before, and I may do it again sometime.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

I'm a Conservative Republican, and in CA, so I'm used to being demonized, so that's not new.

Sometimes it feels like a witch hunt, especially at college, lol.

But to answer your question there is at least one solid Republican here.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ This is exactly how I feel it as well. Democrats have a very rotten "If you're not with us you're against us!" attitude. Their double standards around the campus to listen to them rant on end about one thing, and then not listen to a word you say back, gets so annoying that I just avoid any 'activity' on the campus now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I think Democrat is just as derogatory, if that helps
    Yeah but in Texas, even the word "evolution" is still derogatory.

Sniffles

Republicans and Democrats are basically two sides of the same coin when you really think about it. It's really interesting how they don't even notice how similiar they are to each other.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think Californians will be the first to wake out of their stuper. There starting to get to many in the (to those according to their need) catagory. I've also noticed the conservatives in california are more conservative than anywhere.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Republicans and Democrats are basically two sides of the same coin when you really think about it.
    The two parties actually have very different policy positions. I never thought the argument that they are too similar made much sense.