User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Ok you need adjust the tin foil hat here...
    What's an appropriate tin-foil-hat analogy to ignorance and/or short-sightedness?

What makes you think that I'm proposing that these nations' aims are: (1) to take OVER the world (wait, unless you think USA is the world), (2) take OVER USA?

Neither are what I said. These nations are going to be key players of when/how our present day Rome falls, and inevitably it shall fall. Tin foil prediction or not.

Because we're all in economic instability, as a global nation (did you get the memo of our present economic crisis?), some of these nations are smart enough to bide their time (I think I mentioned this already). And, smart enough to play nice with the USA because it suits their present goals.

Russia and the Middle East are not "staying silent" and "buying their time" or whatever. Russia had serious beef with America since the time of the October revolution, and the US servicemen have been wiping their boots on the Middle Eastern soil for centuries (check out the first verse of the Marine Corps hymn).
    Russia hasn't even begun yet. It's stirring the pot, making the noise....it has yet to cease the opportunity. Aren't you Putin?

Japan has reverence for the United States on many levels: cultural, economic, and of course, the respect for our military. We were the only country who has successfully defeated Japan and invaded their soil, and after that we brought them back to their feet and helped them become the second biggest economy in the world. If you ever been to Japan you would see that their respect for America is as strong as their disdain for China and North Korea. Now of course, that doesn't mean they will not do whatever it is best in their interest, but the idea of Japan being on top of the list of anti-US countries is just absurd.
    There's a difference between Western culture being 'revered' by the masses and, a political stance. Unless you think Britney Spears should like, totally, run for President. Japan will screw over USA if/when USA starts to tumble.

China - greed rules China more than communist idealism. They will do whatever it is that is most profitable to them, especially if it is paying off in the short term. They have no interest in "proletariat world revolution" from the times of Mao, not anymore. They are our competitor for resources, nothing less, nothing more. Of course that doesn't make them friendly in any way, but then again, the Chinese will not be invading adjacent countries just for the sake of spreading communism, or doing shit to piss us off just for the sake of pissing us of (like Russia would gladly do). Not to mention US-Chinese economies are heavily intertwined, so the the pain on one will be felt on the other.
    The bold, um...is there any global players who WON'T theoretically want to exercise that? I don't understand how it's particular to China.

India does not view the US as enemy. We have major industrial ties, not to mention the fact that we share a common enemy - Pakistan. Although US diplomats will not openly say that Pakistan is our enemy, it is a very hostile territory and a training ground for many terrorists and various anti American interests.
    India is also like Japan and 'playing nice'. It showed its scales a bit over Bush's rant over it's missile strategy, and then, docilely backed down (for now). Again, when USA starts to tumble....it will help it topple.

Africa? Get the fuck out of town. They are too busy killing each other with rusty machetes to be a threat to anyone else aside from themselves.
    Don't think today, or even a few decades, think long, think far......you just might be suprised.

Or, you can let the pride keep talking (that will be USA's biggest weakness as well). Invincible, USA is not. And, the global community will make sure it realizes that, when that nation's particular time is just right.

What goes up...must come down.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Canada (Canada is the nice kid out of that bunch of international bullies)
    As long as this label sticks I'm more or less content.

MBTI
    INTJ

Russia hasn't even begun yet. It's stirring the pot, making the noise....it has yet to cease the opportunity. Aren't you Putin?
    That's a joke right? I know you are joking because... I get jokes.
    All Russia ever wanted was for everyone to get along peacefully.

Anyway, people who worry about "Russia's secret plans" too much tend to have hypertension - which leads to unexpected (yet medically confirmed) fatal heart attacks.

I'm just looking out for you, man. So make sure you get a lot of rest and don't talk about things that cause "hypertension".
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

India barely has beef with the US. All the beef is vaguely cultural beef more than anything else.

Your idea makes sense but your actual points are seriously lacking in facts.

I'm going to agree with Edgar on this one.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    India barely has beef with the US. All the beef is vaguely cultural beef more than anything else.
    And the cultural beef is mainly about Americans eating beef.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

All Russia ever wanted was for everyone to get along peacefully.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

Russia, the great peacemaker??!! Righht, as its history clearly outlines so well.

If I can borrow a phrase:

That's a joke right? I know you are joking because... I get jokes.
    Dasvedanya!

MBTI
    INTJ

lol, i guess your sarcasm detection is about as advanced as your knowledge of international politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Your idea makes sense but your actual points are seriously lacking in facts.
    Tell me, play it out for me....what 'facts' might you be looking for to substantiate my idea that such nations are bidding their time to leave USA dry and hanging, if and when, they get to a power position to take each other as allies without needing to rely on USA & Co?

Just guess...what would these 'facts' be? Like government documents from such countries outlining this great wish of theirs? And, why I haven't found them?

In order to ask for 'facts', you must first acknowledge the plausibility of 'facts' being applicable to such a hypothetical situation of the future.

All we can do is infer from history, and the current international political climate.

Regardless, I'm really interested in your justification....

India barely has beef with the US. All the beef is vaguely cultural beef more than anything else. I'm going to agree with Edgar on this one.
    Neither does China really. What's your point? India, as Pirate Putin pointed out, likes to keep USA close because its surrounded by 'enemies', Pakistan to the north, Bangladesh to the east, and Sri Lanka to the south. Esp. with the Kashmir conflict with Pakistan. And, for the USA, India is a really solid geo-political ally. You can't stabilize Afganistan without considering Pakistan. And, you cannot hope to stabilize Pakistan without considering India.

India also has the third largest Muslim population out of any countries in the world, and its pretty chummy with Iran too. And, recently have started to build a relationship with Israel. India is a key piece to 'negotiating' peace in the middle-east. Which, I don't think I have to outline for you, would have benefits for the USA.

India isn't sending out positive tantric vibes towards USA because it's the 'right' *feel good* mushy thing to do. It knows its worth to the USA, it knows the chips it's holding against USA, and the chips USA holds over it, esp. with China (one if its main contender for the rise of developing nations)...India is bidding its time, nice and slow. It is securing its position as an invaluable 'asset' to USA.

USA & Co - which includes Britain. If push came to shove, and India has secured itself into the position its slowly trying to move towards, esp. with a role in the Middle-East 'resolution', and, a stabilizing relationship with China....heck YA, India wouldn't bat an eye to turn on USA & Co.

India has not forgotten Britain, I can guarantee you that, as an Indian myself. It was only 61 years ago.

It's pretty intuitive, my idea........You strong-arm others around you long enough, tell them to DO this, DON"T do that, because you said so, because you have the power to do so, you bully, overlord, so, when it comes to a time of crisis, you cannot expect them to save you, out of the goodness of their heart. They'll help see you fall further down the well.

[that is why in my OP, all the countries/nations, I've outlined, not only are they rising global influences, but, if you trace their history and political mileu, there's quite a lot of 'bad blood' between them and USA & Co. regardless of the present faces they may present to USA & Co. due to international political diplomacy - all nations are playing a game to secure No. #1, themselves....don't be fooled by present complacency]

Canada (Canada is the nice kid out of that bunch of international bullies)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    As long as this label sticks I'm more or less content.
    Ya, the epitome of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sucks to be above USA, when the shit-storm hits. The idealist in me thinks Obama, if he plays his diplomatic cards right, just, just might be able to change the course.

lol, i guess your sarcasm detection is about as advanced as your knowledge of international politics.
    Sorry I gave you too much credit that you actually had a point in response to me, rather than play off jokes because there's nothing substantial you could have countered. I grasped at the Russia point. Like brittle straws.

My bad. I always give more credit than due.

EDIT: yours, just like USA's, ego are blinding you from seeing very key forecasts of the future of international politics and the role other nations would want USA to play, if USA didn't have its present $$, military & technological advances it currently holds. The cookie is crumbling though...

MBTI
    NICE

Lol. Suddenly the world is interested in the legal system in Afghanistan?

Does anyone seriously think their "legal system" has any relevance outside of Kabul?

These shit kickers will still be kicking shit in a thousand years.