User Tag List

First 123

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It would be so much better if there were no bailouts and we let ourselves sink into an economic depression.
    It would've fallen harder, but it would've turned around more quickly, and wouldnt leave us with a dead/hyperinflated currency in the end. Come to me this time next year and we'll talk about that.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    It would've fallen harder, but it would've turned around more quickly, and wouldnt leave us with a dead/hyperinflated currency in the end. Come to me this time next year and we'll talk about that.
    Economy should pick up in late 2009 or in 2010. Even my man Merc agrees with that.

If we went the route you are talking about, we could be looking at a full on depression.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Economy should pick up in late 2009 or in 2010. Even my man Merc agrees with that.

If we went the route you are talking about, we could be looking at a full on depression.

And it will have nothing to do with Obama. Don't forget that part.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And it will have nothing to do with Obama. Don't forget that part.
    He's having a huge effect on the economy. Without intervention and with the collapse of industry, we wouldn't be looking at a recovery this soon. It would be so much worse.

This is why Obama's opposition needs their own viable ideas instead of being purely reactionary.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

He's having a huge effect on the economy. Without intervention and with the collapse of industry, we wouldn't be looking at a recovery this soon. It would be so much worse.

This is why Obama's opposition needs their own viable ideas instead of being purely reactionary.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. If I remember my "Trillions Time Line" correctly, Bush's spending was on bailing out major companies and financial institutions. Obama's spending has been on government programs and a few very small checks to average people, all of which hasn't come into effect yet, and most of which wont come into effect for YEARS to come. So... If you want to give credit to anyone for a possible "turnaround" this year due to the non-collapse of major industry, wouldn't you have to give most of the credit to Bush and what he did during his last months in office? Just saying...

MBTI
    ESFJ

You are completely overstating things. Explain what you mean in detail.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. If I remember my "Trillions Time Line" correctly, Bush's spending was on bailing out major companies and financial institutions. Obama's spending has been on government programs and a few very small checks to average people, all of which hasn't come into effect yet, and most of which wont come into effect for YEARS to come. So... If you want to give credit to anyone for a possible "turnaround" this year due to the non-collapse of major industry, wouldn't you have to give most of the credit to Bush and what he did during his last months in office? Just saying...
    No, the Bush admin was part of a lot of the deregulation that got us into this mess. Bush in his last few months has been a small part of the recovery process so far, but he should get credit for listening to his economic advisers, even if it ended up hurting the Republican party.