User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default What are you guys feeling about the state of affairs now?

At present, what is your mood about what is going on in the country, economically, politically, etc.? Does anyone else feel like their head is going to explode? Personally I would hope that EVERYONE'S heads are popping like popcorn due to what is going on, but in reality, I know some kernels are very stubborn and impotent...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

I still feel like affairs are wrong. People shouldn't have affairs. They should be faithful to their marriage vows.

What's all this about the country?

I tried paying attention to and really keeping up with politics and such for a good while about a year ago. I didn't feel like intelligent perspectives on most things were to be had, given information sources as they are and my not starting with great trust in one side or another. It was frustrating. I became mostly a mediator between foolish perspectives on either side. Which has mostly just been frustrating.

I still came to have some opinions on politics, but I don't think but so highly of most of them. I'm sure some people out there really do have intelligent perspectives on things - I'm just not in much of a position to know who these people are. Sorry to you frustrated intelligent people. Keep fighting the good fight, or something.

As for the present economy... I could really use a job. As for the rest... I'm mostly staying out of it and trying to keep my head intact.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

MBTI
    istj

Living in America, my thoughts are:

I still dont trust lawyers and politicians. Coincidentally I am trying to formulate a zinger on them both going something like: What is the difference between a lawyer and a politician? Lawyers lie to each other, Politicians lie to thier clients.

We are really not free as long as we still have to rent our property from the Government in the form of taxes.

America is business as usual.

Thats all that came to mind at the moment.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm burned out with politics like link #2. But that's when the fed govt preys on you. Kicks you when your down. If any activism lies within me, it's not in the form of being physically active in politically correct preplanned actions while carrying my prepaid civil protesting permit card. It lies with thoughts of joining Al Qaida in order to go to an extreme to counter an extreme.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Oberon

Our economy entered uncharted territory with the passage of the Wall Street Bailout Package. I don't think it can right itself without things getting far worse before they get better.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It sucks, but life goes on. My life is pretty awesome, so I'm happy most of the time.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Economy should pick up at the end of 09, or during 2010. We might have already seen the worst of it, though we could always dip down more. We have an intelligent and analytical president in the White House, which is a nice change. No more insane foreign policy. Pro-science. Net Neutrality. Alternative energy. Things are alright. Just think if McCain won...

Though if you're a regular conspiracy theorist, this is your time to shine. Pick a paranoia, and have your fun. But you can only scream that the sky is falling for so long until people just think you're annoying.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Economy should pick up at the end of 09, or during 2010. We might have already seen the worst of it, though we could always dip down more. We have an intelligent and analytical president in the White House, which is a nice change. No more insane foreign policy. Pro-science. Net Neutrality. Alternative energy. Things are alright. Just think if McCain won...

Though if you're a regular conspiracy theorist, this is your time to shine. Pick a paranoia, and have your fun. But you can only scream that the sky is falling for so long until people just think you're annoying.
    Who did America have an affair with? I knew she was a slut. Never should of married her.

Default A Delicious Surprise.

The economy is a complex system.

And all complex systems are inherently unpredictable.

Who could possibly have predicted that the Chinese Communists would ride to the rescue of the American Cavalry?

And both parties facilitated by the Prime Minister of Australia who is fluent in both Chinese Mandarin and English.

A butterfly flaps its wings in Bejing and Wall Street is showered in trillions of dollars.

And the Australian Prime Minister stands to with his butterfly net ready to catch both the Chinese butterflies and the Wall Street Bankers.

It is just too delicious!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

I feel good.
    R[a]ngl[e]r