User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo being jabbed is not cool.

Yeah. I've been hearing it all over the radio. People crying about the petty crap. " Waah!! They bought a mink pancho!" "Waah! They gave out belt buckles to performers!"

Do people seriously have nothing better to do with their time? This has been everywhere on the radio and news lately and every thing that people have been crying over has had an honest and functional reason.

If you want representation, have your community participate more. If you think a mink poncho selling in an auction for three times the purchase price, you probably don't own a business, and if you think it's dumb to hand out a belt buckle to celebrities as an incentive to play at the rodeo...well, there's no helping you.

It's all a private event, and many people spend thousands of volunteer (as in unpaid) hours making the event happen. It's a bit disgusting to see people complaining over and nitpicking at the best event Houston has.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't understand - are people pissed because they're animal rights activists or is it something else?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

this is friggin hilarious because it shows how no one else cares about happenins in Texas except Texans :p

like srsly, I don't even know what to Google to look up this news event

heart on fire

Even when I lived in Texas I didn't give a FF about these sorts of things.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I don't understand - are people pissed because they're animal rights activists or is it something else?
    No, it was over the radio about how groups were challenging the way the Rodeo spends it's money, and complaining about a lack of representation, etc.

I was actually looking to see if any Houstonians in particular, or Texans (since we have quite a few of them) have heard about it or kept up with the story, since I caught only portions of it all.

I'm not entirely understanding the foul attitudes. I put Houston right in the title.. if people didn't care about this stuff, the title was a good indication of something they might not want to read or post in.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

^ It's just something the media is blowing out of proportion to have something to report on and quite possibly to drum up flagging interest in the livestock show.

Do they still give school children a day off to go?