First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You do need to be receptive but binaural beats can induce trances of various depths.

It does depend on receptivity and how experienced you are with trance, the particular rhythm, and of course stereo headphones.

However a trance can be induced by any repetition. And here we have the repetition of beats.

What is interesting is that our brain waves come in various rhythms, and so it seems possible to match brain wave rhythms with the various rhythms of binaural beats.

Sometimes I will listen to the delta rhythm for relaxation and pleasure.

However listening to binaural beats sets up an external loop called hypnosis. While an internal loop is called meditation.

So binaural beats are a form of hypnosis.

Franz Anton Mesmer (17341815) was an astrologer and hypnotist. And the founder of Mesmerism.

However he called hypnosis, "Animal magnetism", whereas today they call it, "Digital drugs".

So hypnosis and astrology have been bed-fellows for a long time.

And if you want to learn about them, you can't go past, The Trance Institute
    I've used a binaural beat program for the PC where you can craft your own and download preset patterns from others on the website (BrainWave Generator). It's induced a trance in me before. Hit or miss really, and I think your state of mind before beginning a session really has a lot to do with it, as does your audio equipment--need to make sure your left & right channels don't bleed together at any part of the system.

I distinctly recall generating a long .WAV file of one of those rhythms, then listening to it at work. It put me into a focused trance. Some short time afterwards a coworker invited me downstairs to the break room to play pingpong and I was impressed at how "in the zone" focused I felt during the first ~15 minutes of the game. I was scoring more points than usual during that timeframe (playing someone who's pretty much at equal skill level). The effect wore off after ~10-15 minutes.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I've used a binaural beat program for the PC where you can craft your own and download preset patterns from others on the website (BrainWave Generator). It's induced a trance in me before. Hit or miss really, and I think your state of mind before beginning a session really has a lot to do with it, as does your audio equipment--need to make sure your left & right channels don't bleed together at any part of the system.

I distinctly recall generating a long .WAV file of one of those rhythms, then listening to it at work. It put me into a focused trance. Some short time afterwards a coworker invited me downstairs to the break room to play pingpong and I was impressed at how "in the zone" focused I felt during the first ~15 minutes of the game. I was scoring more points than usual during that timeframe (playing someone who's pretty much at equal skill level). The effect wore off after ~10-15 minutes.
    Yes, it sounds like you were in a nice focused trance for quite a while.

And I would emphasise that it is the repetition of the beats that induces the trance.

All the rest is superfluous - the pretentious name, "Digital drugs"; the binaural beats through the stereo headphones; the breathless mystic - all are completely unnecessary.

All that is necessary is a repetition - it can be the repetition of beats, or the repetition of simply walking, or the repetition of following each breath - any repetition will do.

And just as you put yourself in the zone to play pingpong, professional athletes put themselves in the zone to break world records.

And all that is necessary is to allow yourself to follow a repetition.

And it is the repetition that puts your critical mind to sleep and allows your creative mind to come out to play pingpong or break a world record.

However remember the price you pay for creativity is your critical mind.

That is why it is important to return to your critical mind so that you can digest the experience you have had in the trance.

So it is important to alternate between your critical mind and your creative mind.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Drugs chemically force open, all at once, the doors of perception in your mind.
    This is the merest propaganda.

"The Doors" [of perception], is the name of a rock band whose lead singer overdosed on heroin.

And rather than opening the doors of perception, he closed them forever.

In fact drugs are just another form of repetition that induces a trance.

Cigarettes are a good example of repetition inducing a trance. And heroin users come to love the repetition of all the paraphernalia and ceremony of injecting.

Drugs seem an awful lot of trouble to go to simply to induce a trance.

Anyway, you can start to learn about trance at The Trance Institute

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    However remember the price you pay for creativity is your critical mind.
    Good quote, and something that's maddeningly easy to forget.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Good quote, and something that's maddeningly easy to forget.
    Sure, your critical mind and your creative mind are mutually inhibitory.

Just as, when you walk, your feet are mutually inhibitory.

So when you walk, you alternate between your left foot and your right foot.

But be warned - l'alternance can lead to dancing.

And who knows, should you alternate your critical and creative minds, they might start dancing together.

And dancing, my dear Spirilis, can lead to joy and happiness.

That is why they call it, "Dancing for joy".

Oh the irony in that comment!

Why try to make it personal?
    The irony eludes me.

And if you take it personally, it gets your attention.

MBTI
    NICE

To quote Eric Clapton. Drugs are short cut; the long road is a more satisfying route.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    To quote Eric Clapton. Drugs are short cut; the long road is a more satisfying route.
    It would be nice if drugs were a short cut, but alas they only provide an ersatz experience.

Drugs are the kind of experience you are having when you are not having any experience.

But if your whole life is phoney, if you lack any integrity, you will be naturally attracted by drugs.

If you have never experienced integrity, how could you possibly recognise an offense against your integrity.

And like attracts like - druggies gather together, and those with integrity love those who are integrated.

But how the druggies hate the integrated.

It is an envy born at the deepest level of the personality.

And it is the envy of the damaged and the damaging for the whole and the wholesome.

You've proved yourself to be rather close-minded.
    To accuse someone of being close-minded is actually code.

And it is a code used by those without integrity. It is a code used by those who are phoney. And it is a code used by those who are damaged and damaging.

And it is a code used by those who write under a pseudonym. And it is a code used by those who quote a phoney personality test at you. And it is a code used by those who hide behind private posts.

And it is a code that drips in hatred and envy.

But hatred and envy are so painful, the pain must be dulled by the use of drugs.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I tried this one.

It was my first time.

It was good for about 45 seconds and then it ended too quick.

Orgasm

Much to my disappointment, it didn't work.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin