User Tag List

First 1234 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I dance a lot to trance and I usually find myself so relaxed in my state of dancing that I twirl away from the world and end up as a tiger... or a princess or a dragon.. or even a house at times. I've done loads of "shit" in my life and these beats just doesn't cover at all. No matter how calm I am. And besides, they talk about this today? It's been out with the same company for years. o.O I guess it was a dry season on news that day, but still.

I don't know why but I doubt I'd be able to learn how to meditate with a teacher. It just doesn't add up. Too personal an experience, something one has to make for oneself. imo.

I am curious, how did you learn? Did he tell you or showed you or both.. or ... I mean, how do you describe a meditation session? "Just sit there, relax and get yourself focused on one thing, then forget about that one thing, then feel the pressure in chest, then.... you are on your own space trip to mars..."

(Hello saferide - The quiz is just a lovely addiction.)

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I told myself ahead of time "I wonder if an ENTP has tried this.." Now I know!!

I figured it'd be total bullshit.. I dunno what would be worse - My kid being silly enough to believe in 'digital' drugs, or catching it doing drugs.
    Well, if you find your kid trying to do digital drugs; for my sake, please educate them in proper side-effects and not just the bullshit heard in the media(for the real thing). If they ever find out, which they probably will, one way or another, that what the media and most schools tell them about drugs isn't often more than urban legends... I don't know, I know what I did after I found out and it ain't pretty.
    Well, it was pretty for me for a while, I mean... the world was a bit different but afterwards. And it's still hell. Ok, I've been green for more than a year but I don't wish any one that experience. Ever.

EDIT: I am not trying to tell you what to do, just referring to my own blithe self and what I wished my parents would've done. Back then, I was all about the facts. Nowadays, it's all about the feelings. I have no idea how I ended up in that weird but wonderfully lovely seat.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 03-25-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Might sound coharse

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think I believe sounds are addictive in the same way drugs are, or have similar effects. I can believe that it induces tranquility or relaxation, or various other moods, but not that it's actually intoxicating.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I tried this one.

It was my first time.

It was good for about 45 seconds and then it ended too quick.

Orgasm
    Didnít work. Prolly a good thing. I was at work

Lasting_Pain

Wow, that is all I can say at this time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Well, if you find your kid trying to do digital drugs; for my sake, please educate them in proper side-effects and not just the bullshit heard in the media(for the real thing). If they ever find out, which they probably will, one way or another, that what the media and most schools tell them about drugs isn't often more than urban legends... I don't know, I know what I did after I found out and it ain't pretty.
    Well, it was pretty for me for a while, I mean... the world was a bit different but afterwards. And it's still hell. Ok, I've been green for more than a year but I don't wish any one that experience. Ever.

EDIT: I am not trying to tell you what to do, just referring to my own blithe self and what I wished my parents would've done. Back then, I was all about the facts. Nowadays, it's all about the feelings. I have no idea how I ended up in that weird but wonderfully lovely seat.
    Not to worry, I didn't take this as you attempting to tell me how to raise my future mistakes. (I say that with the best intentions.)

I really am a big believer in meditation, the power of the mind, and yes, the placebo effect. I also am a huge believer in music, sound, etc. being a big influence, and I am very sensitive to this sort of thing..

But this is a bit out of my realm of belief.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Not to worry, I didn't take this as you attempting to tell me how to raise my future mistakes. (I say that with the best intentions.)

I really am a big believer in meditation, the power of the mind, and yes, the placebo effect. I also am a huge believer in music, sound, etc. being a big influence, and I am very sensitive to this sort of thing..

But this is a bit out of my realm of belief.
    Agree with you on this one. You must have mental issues, if you get high off music.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I learnt self hypnosis from a professional sports' psychologist.

I doubt if I could have taught myself from a book.

Also he taught us to do it effectively and safely.

It was well worth the price.
    I bet that works. Safely?

You know I was kidding around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Didnít work. Prolly a good thing. I was at work
    Office interior, cubicles:

-screaming-
    Yes! YES! THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED.

*coworkers by water cooler*: Damn, I guess Trin is making the good sales today.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Office interior, cubicles:

-screaming-
    Yes! YES! THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED.

*coworkers by water cooler*: Damn, I guess Trin is making the good sales today.
    Open plan office could have been a might embarrassing

Drugs chemically force open, all at once, the doors of perception in your mind.

This is why, especially with strong psychedelics like LSD or psilocybin mushrooms, people "freak out" and have a "bad trip". They are abruptly thrown into this foreign mindset, where the altered perceptions of reality are beyond your wildest imagination. There is just no predicting how you might perceive something. Even the most benign things that have been perceived by your mind the same way all your life, have the potential to be perceived as something completely different. If you are unprepared, either by going into it in the wrong mindset, or physically being in the wrong environment, you could be in for a rough ride.

It's a true test of mental strength to hold yourself together during this trip, which can seem to last for an eternity if you are not enjoying the ride. One thing that helps is to just remember that you did this to yourself, this is just a drug. However, strong doses of psychedelics can cause complete ego loss, where you lose all sense of self and perceived reality that you previously knew. At that point, it doesn't matter to remind yourself this is just a drug, because you likely have no understanding of what a drug is, and absolutely no perception of "you". It's an amazingly horrifying experience to temporarily have your mind completely erased.

Sensations can have a similar effect on those doors, but they can only act as a key. You have to be in the right mindset to use those keys and open those doors yourself. You must have some idea of which doors you are looking to open, in order to even find those doors in your mind.

That said, this is the first time I've heard of this I-Doser, but I've been interested in binaural beats for years. I've had some trippy experiences playing with these sounds, but there's a lot of preparation required to get into the mindset.

They are nothing like the chemicals that will take you for a ride, prepared or not.