Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Quit the childish bickering and just admit it: You're all going DOWN! And, no I don't mean that in the way some may interpret that. I mean the USA will decline, never to rise again to its previous state in the long term. The sooner you all come to terms with that fact, the happier we will all be.

The end.
    Hey i didn't refer to anyone as "opponents" in some junior high dabate gig or other. I just don't give in to junior high propoganda. Or pseudo-authoritarians. So far the thread maker is the only one to see the light due to presenting it. But after reading "the US will decline", i think there are two on this thread who see the light.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This response of yours to bananatrombones seems pretty much irrelevant to any of the commentary made in this thread. If you can find a die-hard authoritarian somewhere, you just might find a point to this post along with him.
    Lulz. I'm flattered that the Professor has taken the time to respond - although I wonder if, in retrospect, swapping a few words isn't something I should have done to sound more controversial and interesting...

But he's right about the emoticons. I was never much use with deciding which ones to use.

All the best, one and all.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Do you seriously want that I give you a lecture about neoclassical economics and the genesis of the libertarian philosophy?

Do you really think I haven't studied in depth the legendary opposition between Nozick and Rawls, for instance?

I'd rather say that both you and Babylon lack a broader view, a broader spectrum, for instance what are ideologies?

Tiebreaker: Do you know what the Frankurt school is? And the curious relationship they had with the likes of Rothbard? (know your adversary!)

If you believe that neoclassical economics is somehow the genesis of American libertarian thought, then I would say that you definitely have a misapprehension of what I am discussing.

The Frankfurt School was the name for the group of Marxist philosophers and social critics at the Institute for Social Research. One member was Theodor Adorno, one of the worst charlatans of the 20th Century.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Quit the childish bickering and just admit it: You're all going DOWN! And, no I don't mean that in the way some may interpret that. I mean the USA will decline, never to rise again to its previous state in the long term. The sooner you all come to terms with that fact, the happier we will all be.

The end.

I hope the United States abdicates military and political superpower status. I would trade all of that nonsense for economic superpower status and the liberties that are our heritage as free American citizens.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I hope the United States abdicates military and political superpower status. I would trade all of that nonsense for economic superpower status and the liberties that are our heritage as free American citizens.
    Look what we're doin. Writing freely. All in the name of service to a community.

Why does Spector act in the way he does literarily? To help those poor college kids better understand that snot nosed rich white kids end up bleeding if they try that ideological philosophy crap out there while they conduct manditory community servise.

Some folks flat out can't afford to miss work. You know $.

Why is Spector not conducting community servise right now instead of being on Tc? The same reason everyone else is. Or, Tc is a good source to better ones knowledge as an individual about the fact that rich snot nosed college kids really do exist. Not to mention understanding Typology better to better understand that drugged up rich white snot nosed college kids reason for charging at cops with a (something or other) in their hand.

And hey, Perhaps 100 hrs/yr service will keep that snot nosed college kid off drugs for 100hrs per year.

But what about that other kid who performs labor for wage. Or to help pay off a college loan while attending college. Can that kid perform manitory service (as little as 100hrs/yr)?

Perhaps just the rich white snotnosed college kid should do it. No wonder it sounds so attractive.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    NICE

Tell us Professor. Do you ever wear the same thong two days on the trot?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Tell us Professor. Do you ever wear the same thong two days on the trot?
    What's that got to do with Youth corps? Oh, that's right. Another reason to not have service manitory. When servise isn't manditory "thongs and trot" are the last thing on the community servers mind. When it is mandatory, the kids who aren't used to labor conduct more "trot and thongs" while neglecting their community. But hey, nobody saw anything yet so it's ok so far.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    What's that got to do with Youth corps? Oh, that's right. Another reason to not have service manitory. When servise isn't manditory "thongs and trot" are the last thing on the community servers mind. When it is mandatory, the kids who aren't used to labor conduct more "trot and thongs" while neglecting their community. But hey, nobody saw anything yet so it's ok so far.
    If the snot nosed college kids on servise "go commando" thongs and trot everthing is ok and the community aren't gettin neglected.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    If the snot nosed college kids on servise "go commando" thongs and trot everthing is ok and the community aren't gettin neglected.
    That verywell maybe happening. Whatever their attire, they're still focused on their service. And nobody should have a green light to give'em any crap either. Chances are they aren't rich snotnosed college kids. I believe that happens in Africa. However, thongs and trot alone do not servise any community. The person inside'em do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    What's good with libertarians and extreme ideologies, is the fact that they are very predictable.

Libertarians have a definition of EVIL that serves for every purposes, and it is "Government". If something is wrong within this world, it must be the government, and only the government.

The Government I told you!

It simplifies every tasks.

They think that since their theory is flawless, near perfection, the world has to adapt to it. It's only one way. Nobody told them that being pragmatic requires that they should rather adapt their theories to the real world.

Ideologies are like "ready-to-wear thoughts". They are seductive because they give a firm, simple answer to every questions. Thus, you don't need to think by yourself, and for yourself. We may call that intellectual laziness, but hey! Ideologies are reassuring, conforting, they put the mind at rest. For many people, the mere idea that this world is in fact crazy, meaningless and basically unpredictable, is unbearable. It's a monstruous, blasphemous and intolerable thought. So in their own special ways, ideologies fulfill the religious slot, the need to believe even insane theories, because believing them is relieving and makes more sense than embracing the maelstrom and complexity of the ordinary daily life.

It's always less painful to believe in something.

Libertarians aren't an exception to this rule. We have another proof of that here.
    Very interesting as usual Blackmail.

I can remember learning that ideologies are -

Predigested thought,
    Serve interests
    And have a demonology.

And this seems to complement your post above.