User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 173

  1. #111
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    They see Obama as the next Joe Stalin.
    That is exactly why I find this thread so humorous.

    Really this thread could be reduced to speculation, dogma, and stereotyping, all of which are shortcuts taken by your typical cognitive miser.

    People ultimately see what they want to see.

    However, different worldviews means different rationals and at a certain point it becomes bickering over abstractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  2. #112
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Oh, come on.

    It's not too much to ask that our laws conform to the Constitution. It's the fundamental law of the land. Does it mean something or not?

    To my mind, the point of Constitutionality is one of government credibility. Why should we follow any law the government imposes on us if that self-same government won't abide by the law that governs it?

    The words are supposed to mean something. It's not too much to ask.

  3. #113
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is exactly why I find this thread so humorous.

    Really this thread could be reduced to speculation, dogma, and stereotyping, all of which are shortcuts taken by your typical cognitive miser.

    People ultimately see what they want to see.

    However, different worldviews means different rationals and at a certain point it becomes bickering over abstractions.
    Obama or someone like him was inevitable. [yawn]

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is exactly why I find this thread so humorous.

    Really this thread could be reduced to speculation, dogma, and stereotyping, all of which are shortcuts taken by your typical cognitive miser.

    People ultimately see what they want to see.

    However, different worldviews means different rationals and at a certain point it becomes bickering over abstractions.
    Don’t forget projection and paranoia (Jungians would call this stuff major shadow projection). But you pretty much nailed it. If you don’t whether to laugh or cry, you might as well laugh, aye?
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

  5. #115
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Obama or someone like him was inevitable. [yawn]
    Weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Don’t forget projection and paranoia (Jungians would call this stuff major shadow projection). But you pretty much nailed it. If you don’t whether to laugh or cry, you might as well laugh, aye?
    Hm...shadow projection, that is interesting, I will have to look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #116
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Oh, come on.

    It's not too much to ask that our laws conform to the Constitution. It's the fundamental law of the land. Does it mean something or not?

    To my mind, the point of Constitutionality is one of government credibility. Why should we follow any law the government imposes on us if that self-same government won't abide by the law that governs it?

    The words are supposed to mean something. It's not too much to ask.
    It might be too much to ask when you've been following the same words for over two centuries.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #117
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, actually you don't know that, which is exactly my point. You're just assuming that if we strung ourselves up by the constitution things would be better rather than worse.

    It's not a demonstrable fact, like 2 + 2 = 5, but it's a theory that has so much evidence as to be incontrovertible. In fact, if just the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution were always obeyed, the country would already be better, as several innocent people who have been killed during illegal drug raids would still be alive.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #118
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's not a demonstrable fact, like 2 + 2 = 5, but it's a theory that has so much evidence as to be incontrovertible. In fact, if just the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution were always obeyed, the country would already be better, as several innocent people who have been killed during illegal drug raids would still be alive.
    I guess you advocate giving back the Louisiana Purchase since it wasn't exactly Constitutional for Thomas Jefferson to purchase it. I'm sure the French will love you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #119
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It might be too much to ask when you've been following the same words for over two centuries.
    The constitution can be amended. We've done it lots of times. Yes, it's complex and time-consuming to accomplish... as it should be.

    To my mind, the fundamentals of the Constitution are still as relevant as ever for the most part. For example, the First Amendment is worth keeping, wouldn't you say?

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's not a demonstrable fact, like 2 + 2 = 5, but it's a theory that has so much evidence as to be incontrovertible. In fact, if just the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution were always obeyed, the country would already be better, as several innocent people who have been killed during illegal drug raids would still be alive.
    You do have a point about the 4th Amendment and the watering down of it by the war on drugs, not to mention the Patriot Act. The problem with this kind of paranoia about things like Obama’s “youth indoctrination camps” is that it muddies the waters around the stuff we should be more alarmed about.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

Similar Threads

  1. Barack Obama. Discuss.
    By Cindyrella in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Community Poetry Service
    By niffer in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO