First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah, a revolution would quite literally be a revolution, in that in the end, we'd end up in the same spot again.

It's all business for them, when one messes up, it's the money that comes back to hurt them and their businesses. Corporate America, and the Corporate world really do regulate the government far too much.
    The two are one at this point, have been for awhile!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

also of note, we wouldnt stand a chance in an actual revolution, we are talking about a militia vs the most advanced military the world has ever seen (and id bet theres stuff 20 levels down in Area 51 that makes PS3 look stone age)

whats much more probable: individual state secessions. seeing how i reside in Texas, i'd like our chances.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I believe there is plenty of government corruption, and I support government involvement. How do you like them apples?

Thinking in terms of pragmatism rather than idealism, and cost/benefit analysis rather than sheer principle, what alternatives would you propose?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    also of note, we wouldnt stand a chance in an actual revolution, we are talking about a militia vs the most advanced military the world has ever seen (and id bet theres stuff 20 levels down in Area 51 that makes PS3 look stone age)

whats much more probable: individual state secessions. seeing how i reside in Texas, i'd like our chances.
    Revolutions in the western world are not conducted with bloodshed, and militia's are hardly the most feasible organizations to be the leading foremost factions in a modern era american revolution, people are basically not that marginalized to have to go for armed resistence to obtain chance.

Revolutionary Opposition or not. The american goverment would think twice and twice more before considering the option of engaging their own citizens in armed combat. It would be political sucide to make martyrdom out any opposition, they would enrage the hole country, thus it is not plausible, that in a course of revolution that the american goverment would be pretty much crippled.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I believe there is plenty of government corruption, and I support government involvement. How do you like them apples?

Thinking in terms of pragmatism rather than idealism, and cost/benefit analysis rather than sheer principle, what alternatives would you propose?
    Without any principles you get exactly the same problems we have now. We seem to be afflicted by a case of "the problem is the solution" in this country.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

Yeah, I don't know how a present day revolution would go over, compared to one pre-WW2. To add to my point, there's probably hundreds of gismos and gadgets, machines, weapons, etc. that the government secretly possesses that a simple mass of revolting people wouldn't stand a chance against.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?