User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yea, this is pretty much our last tool in the shitty bag of tricks. If they muck this up, it's OVER.
    They will...

You know what they say about history. If you don't deal with your past, you repeat it....

The crash of '29...The inflation of the 20s...followed by a depression...Another country has been through this...and we all know what happened.

It got destroyed....and luckily rose up from the ashes....I hope the Americans are a bit smarter...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

I'll tell you what will happen...They will print money. The money will lose value. They will need cheap labor. They will bring in cheap labor. Americans will lose jobs. There will be riots. Americans will want to leave. Other countries will tighten their policies on immigration. Americans will get hungry. There will be recession. Stagflation. They will yell for a solution. Someone will arrive. But will it be a good person?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    They will...

You know what they say about history. If you don't deal with your past, you repeat it....

The crash of '29...The inflation of the 20s...followed by a depression...Another country has been through this...and we all know what happened.

It got destroyed....and luckily rose up from the ashes....I hope the Americans are a bit smarter...
    You know the irony of your historical analogy right?

MBTI
    xNFP

The irony is - I'm right.

Germany tries AT ALL COSTS to avoid inflation - and they do this for a reason....even to the disgruntlement of other countries in the EU because they DON'T want a situation like this again.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

They will...

The interests of "Americans", the banks, and many in government are very conflicting. Hence possible civil unrest.

I'm tired of being Dr. Doom. If people don't realize yet where this is going, then God help you. If you are too scared to consider where this might be headed, then God help you. For the past two weeks I've been listening to the minimum of news because I already know what lies down this road. We're at the point where we cannot avoid what is to come unless the drivers have a change of heart, reverse direction, and turn back to the right path. We are sealing our fate with each passing day...

The irony is - I'm right.

Germany tries AT ALL COSTS to avoid inflation - and they do this for a reason....even to the disgruntlement of other countries in the EU because they DON'T want a situation like this again.
    Oh beautiful Wiemar Republic... how we miss seeing your big wheel barrels full of money to buy your loafs of bread.

Something that is perhaps integral to my personality type is being able to learn from both my own mistakes, the observed mistakes of others, and the mistakes in history. Much of humanity, however, doesn't seem capable of this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Fuck the coproate world.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Fuck the coproate world.
    It's the government who's screwing you. If they would make the right decisions the corporate mess would at least crumble and rebuild. What they are doing is feeding the debacle and extending its life. If corporatism is a cancer, what government are doing now is giving more food to the cancer and providing it all the conditions it needs to spread from the organ and take control of the whole body. What should be happening (if they wouldn't bail out companies and print money like crazy) is that these giant banks and corporations crumble under their own weight, the greedy and uber rich lose their wealth, and this leaves room for new companies, new opportunities to move up the ladder for people below, innovation, and economic growth as the gaps are filled once more.

The problem at the base level of the population is that they don't want to experience pain or hardship. Capitalism is a machine that breaks down and rebuilds itself bigger and better when left to its own devices. People, however, believe that the world should always be prosperous, that the climate should always be temperate, denying the reality of pain and hardship. In doing so they act out of fear, and make things worse trying to stop the inevitable. We figuratively (economy) and literally (global warming) try to stop the seasons from changing like the little fools we are. Mankind is going to have a wakeup call, and they're not going to make it easy for themselves.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    The interests of "Americans", the banks, and many in government are very conflicting. Hence possible civil unrest.

I'm tired of being Dr. Doom. If people don't realize yet where this is going, then God help you. If you are too scared to consider where this might be headed, then God help you. For the past two weeks I've been listening to the minimum of news because I already know what lies down this road. We're at the point where we cannot avoid what is to come unless the drivers have a change of heart, reverse direction, and turn back to the right path. We are sealing our fate with each passing day...

Oh beautiful Wiemar Republic... how we miss seeing your big wheel barrels full of money to buy your loafs of bread.

Something that is perhaps integral to my personality type is being able to learn from both my own mistakes, the observed mistakes of others, and the mistakes in history. Much of humanity, however, doesn't seem capable of this.
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. *high five* Or should I say 'low five'? This isn't exactly something to be happy about...inevitably what happens there comes over here, whether we like it or not. The world is just too small nowadays...we have globalization to thank for that...And before you all call me a traitor just because we have a crisis, I have thought this way since I was 12 years old...just no one listened to me back then. No one listened when I said globalism has negative side effects. No one listened when I said our national debt was a big problem. No one listened when I said we need to get at the root of the problem and not the symptoms. Dumb-ass politicians. :steam: Dumb-ass students. Dumb-ass people.

*end of rant*

Sorry, this should have gone in my blog...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Talking about what the treasury did yesterday, Glenn interviews Walter Zimmerman (will add the first part of this show when it appears) .

[youtube="2zSrNcOE66o"]Walter Zimmerman[/youtube]

This is, btw why the dollar has taken such a hard fall today and why gold has risen over $70.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

When I hear news like this I think about Rome.

For it's entire existence, there were probably people that would cry "The end is here!", and they likely had crazy and paranoid theories as to why Rome will soon be ruined. For it's entirety, these people were wrong.

That is, until they were finally right. Eventually, a day came when people who knew what they were talking about joined the voices in crying that Rome is falling.

I have to wonder, when do we pass the line from sensational economic fear to legitimate economic fear?