MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yes, I've been razzled dazzled by "my media"

Call me crazy, but I've always reckoned that feeding a smaller population would be easier than a larger one, especially when you live in a place where it's hard to raise crops and what not.
    get your agricultural geography degree from the media too? Africa was fine until your ancestors showed up. Even in the desert.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    get your agricultural geography degree from the media too? Africa was fine until your ancestors showed up. Even in the desert.
    Define "fine". I seriously doubt they were "fine" by modern standards. And that's how we're judging them, now, right?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh yes, Africa was gum drops and rainbows before my Russian ancestors showed up and fucked everything up.

Do you have anything to show for your arguments aside from calling me "ig'nant"?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Define "fine". I seriously doubt they were "fine" by modern standards. And that's how we're judging them, now, right?
    Survival isn't a modern standard. ed figures we're "judging" them by the modern standard of religion. They'd probably have a whole lot less people if contraceptives were never introduced. Contraceptives lead the (uneducated) to the conclusion that they can have sex without consequence. But since faith based and private charities don't force opinion but suggest it Africa has both aids and large population. All that aside, once folks can get past all the media drivin assumption Africa will become more better off. So your ancestors didn't show up they wouldn't be doing "fine" today by yesterdays standards?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTJ

Survival isn't a modern standard. ed figures we're "judging" them by the modern standard of religion. They'd probably have a whole lot less people if contraceptives were never introduced.
    So condoms and birth control pills lead to more children?
    Yes, makes perfect sense.

Contraceptives lead the (uneducated) to the conclusion that they can have sex without consequence.
    How so?

But since faith based and private charities don't force opinion but suggest it Africa has both aids and large population.
    They certainly don't force their opinion like they did during the time of the Crusades, that's for sure.
    But they do teach Christian missionary values, which, unfortunately, tend to suggest that contraceptions are frowned upon by God.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh yes, Africa was gum drops and rainbows before my Russian ancestors showed up and fucked everything up.

Do you have anything to show for your arguments aside from calling me "ig'nant"?
    It's all there, the ignorant part must have came from your russian ancestors. Who puts up with czars and communism for that damn long? Really? Reread what i wrote. Point out where (ignorant) is. If (ignorant) is there, it must have been put there by Putans minders. Wouldn't want you to know too much.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

So condoms and birth control pills lead to more children?
    Yes, makes perfect sense.

How so?

They certainly don't force their opinion like they did during the time of the Crusades, that's for sure.
    But they do teach Christian missionary values, which, unfortunately, tend to suggest that contraceptions are frowned upon by God.
    Condoms and birth control don't lead to more children. But when someone is used to that much sex imagine if they are not there all the time. Africa isn't America or Russia. But we are well on our way to having absorbenant amounts of sex. And when we do, imagine if conraceptives and birth control aren't available all the time. Would you agree that in areas with a high rate of fatherless children there are children present? And didn't they use birth control? Or did they miss a day or 2 of it because they spent their money on other things or had no money to buy it or just didn't buy it at all. Right. They had sex anyway because of bordom, fun, drinking, whatever.

MBTI
    INTJ

Condoms and birth control don't lead to more children. But when someone is used to that much sex imagine if they are not there all the time. Africa isn't America or Russia. But we are well on our way to having absorbenant amounts of sex.
    So Americans and Russians enjoy sex more than Africans?

Poor chaste natives were ignorant in the way of fornication before their pure minds were corrupted by leching Europeans, I take it.

It's all there, the ignorant part must have came from your russian ancestors.
    So I'm dumb because of my ethnic background, huh?

Well, it looks like that aside from being irrational, you are also a racist.

Congratulations, you've earned a spot on my ignore list.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

So I'm dumb because of my ethnic background, huh?

Well, it looks like that aside from being irrational, you are also a racist.

Congratulations, you've earned a spot on my ignore list.
    "ig'nant" Back atcha

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Survival isn't a modern standard. ed figures we're "judging" them by the modern standard of religion. They'd probably have a whole lot less people if contraceptives were never introduced. Contraceptives lead the (uneducated) to the conclusion that they can have sex without consequence. But since faith based and private charities don't force opinion but suggest it Africa has both aids and large population. All that aside, once folks can get past all the media drivin assumption Africa will become more better off. So your ancestors didn't show up they wouldn't be doing "fine" today by yesterdays standards?
    This post makes no sense. It sounds to me like you're saying that contraceptives have led to more births. You can't be stupid enough to believe that.

You still haven't defined "fine". You also need to define survival, since survival has a time limit (everyone eventually dies). I'd probably go by average lifespan, if I were you.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."