User Tag List

123 Last

Default Glenn Beck on Marijuana Legalization

[youtube=Xj99uYo3bn8] Glenn Beck on Marijuana legalization [/youtube]

Glenn might as well have been dressed up in a clown outfit dancing with giant shoes and honking a horn. It's entertaining when an appeal to ridicule completely backfires is it not (along with many other notable fallacies)? However, I am pleased that Fox news allowed a well-informed guest to speak (actually let the guy talk while on the air) on their program.

To tax or not to tax?

Thoughts?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

legalize and tax it, that works..... i want my weedman to be the arab guy at the gas station instead of some shady gangsta with 20 arm tattoos, anyway!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Tax, pretty much for all the reasons the guest in the vid said.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Look at my "Mexico Collapse" thread, and you'll see why taking weed out of the black market would help leaps and bounds with the drug cartels and drug related (marijuana) crimes. As far as the video goes...

1. The guest seems like a pot head, when compared to all the pot heads I've seen in CA.

2. He obviously jokes around for entertainment. A lot of guests he brings on are for decidedly non-serious segments. From what I've seen he seldom takes the weed issue seriously, though he does believe legalizing it would be beneficial because they alleviate costs of fighting drugs, could raise tax revenue, and the Mexico issue.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love how he has no response at ~2:15.

Is he even arguing a side?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If I were out of money and in debt, I would not turn to selling drugs to solve the problem. I don't think the government should lower their standards as a way of fixing the problems they created.

No, I don't agree to legalize marijuana to make money. The motives would be wrong if that was the main decision making factor.

If you're asking if I think it should be legal period, I say yes. I think it's more impairing than cigarettes, so I believe it should be legal within a residence or at a stationary event.. like.. having the same policies as alcohol. No driving under the influence and such. I don't like drugs at all, but I could give a shit less if people did whatever they did with their spare time in their own homes.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

funny quote, but I think it applies:

Money can't really get you through times with no weed, but weed sure can get you through times with no money...

tax it! tax the hell out of it! if you can't beat it, join(t) it!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If I were out of money and in debt, I would not turn to selling drugs to solve the problem. I don't think the government should lower their standards as a way of fixing the problems they created.

No, I don't agree to legalize marijuana to make money. The motives would be wrong if that was the main decision making factor.

If you're asking if I think it should be legal period, I say yes. I think it's more impairing than cigarettes, so I believe it should be legal within a residence or at a stationary event.. like.. having the same policies as alcohol. No driving under the influence and such. I don't like drugs at all, but I could give a shit less if people did whatever they did with their spare time in their own homes.
    I don't see how it is a lowering of standards, personally. It would be more like supporting intellectual truth and the welfare of the people over corporate propaganda.

In fact, one of the "problems they created" was making marijuana illegal and the war on drugs in general.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    funny quote, but I think it applies:

Money can't really get you through times with no weed, but weed sure can get you through times with no money...
    Katt Williams?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Legalize and do not tax.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"