User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If I were out of money and in debt, I would not turn to selling drugs to solve the problem. I don't think the government should lower their standards as a way of fixing the problems they created.

No, I don't agree to legalize marijuana to make money. The motives would be wrong if that was the main decision making factor.
    Lower their standards? Our government is involved in the drug trade (CIA). If anything, this would be raising them.

I don't see the point in looking at the government as some type of entity with a moral code. I don't agree with your reasoning. I don't care about intent.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Allow me to clarify. MY personal standard is not to do drugs or advocate their usage.. so I would not lower my standards during tougher times.

I don't think the government should say "Weed is wrong!" and then say "Crap, we're broke... Let's sell weed." I'm not arguing if I think they're right in thinking weed should be illegal in the first place, but I am saying that if they decide to make it legal it should not be because of a financial recession.
    Right, our government is not always ethical like it should be. If that were the case, there would be specific, concrete evidence for marijuana prohibition in the first place. But that is not the case - it was done in the 1930s due to lobbying and propaganda as a form of control, not in consideration of what was best for the health of the population.

It's not the government flip-flopping because it's convenient. It's because we're coming to the realization that they were wrong all along.

But I completely understand what you are saying.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Lower their standards? Our government is involved in the drug trade (CIA). If anything, this would be raising them.

I don't see the point in looking at the government as some type of entity with a moral code. I don't agree with your reasoning. I don't care about intent.
    I failed to witness the news report blowing the big CIA Bust about the government being involved in the illegal drug trades, so please provide evidence for that statement.

I think the government DOES need a moral code. and I do care about intent. And like I already said earlier, I did not say the Government's current standard is something I agree with at all. I am saying if they are going to have that standard, they should not lower it because of a financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Right, our government is not always ethical like it should be. If that were the case, there would be specific, concrete evidence for marijuana prohibition in the first place. But that is not the case - it was done in the 1930s due to lobbying and propaganda as a form of control, not in consideration of what was best for the health of the population.

It's not the government flip-flopping because it's convenient. It's because we're coming to the realization that they were wrong all along.

But I completely understand what you are saying.
    I agree entirely, the reason they banned it at all is a shit one at best. It's no more dangerous than alcohol, imo. If the decision were made to lift the ban and tax it the same way as cigarettes because people finally came to their senses and allowed adults make their own decisions, I would definitely agree. I was under the impression the discussion was based on the economic downturn.. if I was entirely wrong on that I apologize.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Does anyone besides religious zealots actually still think marijuana should be totally illegal?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Do you have any more recent information that could lead us to believe the CIA is involved in the drug trade? And what you linked was more about acquiring drugs for purposes of testing, not real drug trade/market involvement.

I actually heard about a case from I think the 90s, when the CIA and police in California were basically caught red handed with direct involvement in the cocaine trade. I read about it a while ago, I don't remember much about it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Does anyone besides religious zealots actually still think marijuana should be totally illegal?
    you mean legal, right?

legalize it. i don't think people are gonna go crazy smoking it. i know i won't because it's not my thing legal or not. kooks believe that weed leads to harder drugs but if the type of person who graduates to the harder stuff is gonna get high whether or not it's legal anyway, i think.

glenn beck is such a tool. i imagine the conservatives lick him up tho. "ooo (baby voice) glenn made a doody, i want to clean it up!
    no mee, no meeee!" <-- right wingers.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    [youtube=Xj99uYo3bn8] Glenn Beck on Marijuana legalization [/youtube]

Glenn might as well have been dressed up in a clown outfit dancing with giant shoes and honking a horn. It's entertaining when an appeal to ridicule completely backfires is it not (along with many other notable fallacies)? However, I am pleased that Fox news allowed a well-informed guest to speak (actually let the guy talk while on the air) on their program.

To tax or not to tax?

Thoughts?
    Be yourself didmus. People accept that you watch fox news. It's ok. You'll still get ass dude.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I'm not sure. I think it might have either been the pace or the way the interviewer was behaving. It was like he wanted to be angry about something, but didn't really have a point.
    you must be a closet glenn beckr
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Glenn Beck is a fucking moron. I guess that's what is required to be the 'voice of reason' on Fox news.
    You need to smoke more reef dude. it'll open your eyes and make you more perceptive man.