User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Jeff Foxworthy is a big time conservative, and has supposedly made more money than ANY other comedian. Not that it means anything, I'm just pointing it out.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Are they conservatives? I've never heard any one of those guys talk politics. Ron White seems to have a pretty anti-establishment bent. Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, Drew Carey, Brad Stine, there are several conservative and libertarian comedians around. I was talking about senses of humor, though. It makes sense that more liberals would go into the entertainment industry, but when it comes to individual senses of humor, well, I've never had a conservative or libertarian chastise me for a transgressive joke, I'll put it that way. I think you're talking out of your ass again.
    The reason conservatism and humor don't mesh well is because humor is hardly conservative in nature - it's subversive, it breaks rules, it laughs in the face of taboos and norms...

And Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, and Drew Carey are some of the unfunniest people ever.

Reminds me of the time Bush Sr gave the V sign the wrong way round getting off the plane in Australia in '91.
    The media went crazy.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The reason conservatism and humor don't mesh well is because humor is hardly conservative in nature - it's subversive, it breaks rules, it laughs in the face of taboos and norms...

And Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, and Drew Carey are some of the unfunniest people ever.

And liberalism is just as prone to orthodoxy, dogmatism, and norms. You just don't like to see that.

BTW, never liked Carey much, but you are way wrong about Miller and MacDonald (especially MacDonald). If you watch an old Dennis Miller Live or listen to his radio show when Norm calls in and you do not laugh, your sense of humor sucks.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

If you watch an old Dennis Miller Live or listen to his radio show when Norm calls in and you do not laugh, your sense of humor sucks.
    LOL Opinions, arent they great? Never cared much for others' though...
    SDMF

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Jeff Foxworthy is a big time conservative, and has supposedly made more money than ANY other comedian. Not that it means anything, I'm just pointing it out.
    I never heard him discuss politics. I know he is ungodly wealthy (he has a fucking beef jerky line), but that moustache always seemed more gay than redneck.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

And liberalism is just as prone to orthodoxy, dogmatism, and norms. You just don't like to see that.
    It's not. That's the opposite of liberalism. You're talking about actual liberals, not the philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    So you live near Manuka? Well, that's not the worst part of Canberra...
    How true. It is the oldest part of Canberra and close to all the conveniences and services.

It's in the centre of Canberra not far from the lake and Parliament House.

Everyone is very friendly and polite and I enjoy having my breakfast every morning alfresco at the same outdoor cafe.

But I have noticed that the theatre at Manuka is to put on a French Film Festival.

At our last festival of French film, a French movie star, Catherine Deneuve, attended. How wonderful she was.

Ms Deneurve was suffering from a cold at the time but she turned up like a real trouper in all her glamour. We loved her.

But this time, as I attend, I shall think of you Blackmail - also a real trouper.

Victor.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I never heard him discuss politics. I know he is ungodly wealthy (he has a fucking beef jerky line), but that moustache always seemed more gay than redneck.
    Lol. No, he's definitely a big time conservative. Just heard an interview with him today. He's a very likeable guy, though I've never bothered to watch anything he does.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's not. That's the opposite of liberalism. You're talking about actual liberals, not the philosophy.
    Actually, it is. It's an orthodoxy that is just as likely to be rigid and dogmatic.