User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

....Lol. I read that expecting the mentally ill one to have devoured the guy's head.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't care if he was mentally ill. If I knew the victim or was close to them in anyway, I'd hunt down this guy, and kill him. I would, and apart of me feels bad for him, and I feel bad for him. But if it was my friend that was killed, I'd take revenge, even though it's not the smart thing to do.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I hope you people who think this man should be killed are not against the death penalty.

Also, what if he gets better and stabilized and gets released from the psych hospital in say..5 years, how do you feel about that?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Also, what if he gets better and stabilized and gets released from the psych hospital in say..5 years, how do you feel about that?
    The same way I'd feel if I saw that a dog was rabid and bit me, then he was cured of his rabidness and was introduced back to me. I'd feel uneasy and unsure, waiting for it to snap any second.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Jail doesn't even make sense, he'd just be a hazard to the general prison population.
    As if that was ever a concern of the government.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I think this guy got away with no prison because he nuts. That's legit. But he should never be out in public again.

Also, the police showed up *after* the crime had been committed. They could not shoot him, legally.

I feel terrible for the victim's family, though.
    I agree with this.

MBTI
    I

Ridiculous. They should mutilate and torture him very very slowly to the death as his punishment. He should be killed, eradicated. His type are not welcome in our society.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Ridiculous. They should mutilate and torture him very very slowly to the death as his punishment. He should be killed, eradicated. His type are not welcome in our society.
    USA laws do not allow for cruel and unusual punishments. They do this for good reason. (study history) I don't think this case is a very good reason to make a break with our laws on this.

Also he's insane and torturning him won't change anything. It won't serve as deterent for someone else equally insane.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm glad he's going to an institution instead of to jail. But I don't know how I would feel if he made an amazing recovery and got out in five or ten years. I think once you gut, behead, and partially consume another human being, you may forever lose the right to be free. Keep him safe, treat his illness, and never let him go would be my preference. The stakes are too high if he ever went off his meds or became ill again after recovering and going free.

I don't think he's very likely to ever get out, though. But since it's not nailed down like a jail sentence would be (in theory), it's open ended (in theory). It feels a little unsafe not to just go ahead and call this one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    USA laws do not allow for cruel and unusual punishments. They do this for good reason. (study history) I don't think this case is a very good reason to make a break with our laws on this.

Also he's insane and torturning him won't change anything. It won't serve as deterent for someone else equally insane.
    By not torturing him, you're giving incentive for people to commit crimes without severe punishment, or any punishment in this case. It's stupid. Kill the guy, especially for what he did. If he's insane, he should have gotten some help or somebody should have gotten him some help. Now he takes the life of another, and people realize.