User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 91

  1. #81
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    In the episode, South Park gets turned into a ghost town because of Wal-Mart. As with many issues, they make the anti and pro case.
    They satirized the idiotic anti-Wal-Mart rhetoric that people fling at that corporation, while also showing that the stores themselves are kinda crappy, Wal-Mart likes to portray itself as some benevolent force when it's actually a moneymaking operation (which is a good thing), and that it's worthwhile to spend a little extra to support local stores if you like them better. There is nothing even remotely anti-capitalist about that. You're just wrong.


    Regardless, it's not a conservative show. And I don't think there is even currently a comedy show that comes from a conservative perspective on air.
    It is a libertarian-themed show, and that is good enough for me. You seem to want to refuse to admit this.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #82
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They satirized the idiotic anti-Wal-Mart rhetoric that people fling at that corporation, while also showing that the stores themselves are kinda crappy, Wal-Mart likes to portray itself as some benevolent force when it's actually a moneymaking operation (which is a good thing), and that it's worthwhile to spend a little extra to support local stores if you like them better. There is nothing even remotely anti-capitalist about that. You're just wrong.
    I don't think you understand. As I said, they portrayed both sides in this episode, including showing an anti-monopoly message.

  3. #83
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think you understand. As I said, they portrayed both sides in this episode, including showing an anti-monopoly message.
    Southpark and Stewart aren't good sources of economical fact.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  4. #84
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think you understand. As I said, they portrayed both sides in this episode, including showing an anti-monopoly message.
    OK, you are losing it now.

    A) What exactly do you mean by "anti-monopoly?"

    B) How would being "anti-monopoly" somehow be "anti-free market?"

    C) How is Wal-Mart tied into this arguments about monopoly, when it sells about 10% of retail goods in the United States?


    I want you to admit that you enjoy South Park and that it's a libertarian-themed show. It obviously is. I want you to break down and write it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #85
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    OK, you are losing it now.

    A) What exactly do you mean by "anti-monopoly?"

    B) How would being "anti-monopoly" somehow be "anti-free market?"

    C) How is Wal-Mart tied into this arguments about monopoly, when it sells about 10% of retail goods in the United States?


    I want you to admit that you enjoy South Park and that it's a libertarian-themed show. It obviously is. I want you to break down and write it.
    It's extremely libertarian. Libertarian is quite possibly the only link or middle ground left between lyb and con. What southpark isn't is pollitical.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  6. #86
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    It's extremely libertarian. Libertarian is quite possibly the only link or middle ground left between lyb and con. What southpark isn't is pollitical.
    I think it's very political. It's just not partisan.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #87
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I think it's very political. It's just not partisan.
    My correction. It's not politically correct. Reason of its success
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  8. #88
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Stewart pretty much imploded on Crossfire. He looked like the biggest ass in the world.
    LOL, what alternate reality are you living in? What surprised me is that the Crossfire audience was applauding Stewart while he was on their show. Then Crossfire gets cancelled. Somehow you take these facts and translate them into "Stewart imploded on Crossfire".

    Do you have trouble discerning fact and spin alley, or are you just trying to always spin things thinking that you'll fool the rest of us? I originally wasn't even making a political comment. I just thought it was good TV. Why did you have to come in and try to spin it like it's something political?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  9. #89
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    LOL, what alternate reality are you living in? What surprised me is that the Crossfire audience was applauding Stewart while he was on their show. Then Crossfire gets cancelled. Somehow you take these facts and translate them into "Stewart imploded on Crossfire".

    Do you have trouble discerning fact and spin alley, or are you just trying to always spin things thinking that you'll fool the rest of us? I originally wasn't even making a political comment. I just thought it was good TV. Why did you have to come in and try to spin it like it's something political?

    It's not something political. Jon Stewart looked like a complete ass on Crossfire. He blamed a TV show (a pretty informative show, at that) for ruining the political discourse in America, while, at the same time, abdicating responsibility for the same discourse. This, from the host of a show that trades in seriocomic political humor. Not to mention, he was invited onto a show in good faith, and he sandbagged the hosts, crew, and audience. Tucker Carlson pwned him. End of story. WTFV.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #90
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    LOL, what alternate reality are you living in? What surprised me is that the Crossfire audience was applauding Stewart while he was on their show. Then Crossfire gets cancelled. Somehow you take these facts and translate them into "Stewart imploded on Crossfire".

    Do you have trouble discerning fact and spin alley, or are you just trying to always spin things thinking that you'll fool the rest of us? I originally wasn't even making a political comment. I just thought it was good TV. Why did you have to come in and try to spin it like it's something political?
    Living in the alternate reality of mbti central. Crossfires audience was hand-picked due to demographics. Crossfire could have been canceled due to the demographics of its audience. Just like most newsparers, air america, msnbc(hangin by a thread) ect. Stewart imploding his own show-tic ticedy-toc. Stewart or Crossfire audience demographic fooling the rest of us? Or fooling just a demographic of us? Stewart is the fake news. Crossfire was real. What replaced Crossfire? What will replace CNN? What has to an extent replaced CNN? Your spinnin stewart like it's politics Senior.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Jon Stewart
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 02:23 PM
  2. To Jon Stewart....Sincerely OptoGypsy
    By OptoGypsy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 12:32 AM
  3. Type Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
    By Kiddo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 11:32 PM
  4. John Stewart Pwns Betsy "Death Panels" McCaughey
    By 01011010 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
  5. Mike Huckabee VS Jon Stewart: Gay Marriage
    By 01011010 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO